Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Lost power around 11am at my crib,im in Stone Mountain, ga.Getting some heavy rain and wind over here.

IMG_3838.JPG
Afternoon NT fam, Tampa checking in. It seems like some areas of Tamp have power while others don't. We lost power last night right before 8 in North Tampa (Closer to Lutz) and so far still no power. Cell service is also spotty and I've mostly had no service until I actually drive into Tampa. There was this car in my neighborhood that took a direct hit from a fallen tree and the ponds ended up flooding portions of the street.

The low key Chinese spot by me has no wait :pimp:

After this I'm going to invest in a giant cooler, inverter, and large power bank. You can do a lot with a deep cycle car battery but trying to figure out how I'd charge it.

In Atlanta (more in the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area). Strong winds and some light rain so far. Electricity still on. Will keep this thread updated.

Moms in Jonesboro with some rain and a consistent wind. They good, cookin' neckbones lol smh. Said the lights went off for about a minute and came back on

Just got back home from picking my car up. Drove around some parts of the city and it's mostly just damage from the wind. Lots of fallen trees and branches all over the streets. US1 is nearly undrivable since most trees snapped and fell on all the lanes. Police have blocked off the left turn lanes on major intersections. There were 2 accidents that I seen going to and coming back home. Seems like all grocery stores are back open and running, some buffet-style restaurants are open but they got lines stretching way past their building.
Where do you live?
Glad to hear NT fam is safe and sound

Heh, I'd buy one. Though If you had property damage I imagine you wouldn't be too thrilled to see something like that.

Got back home safe and sound. To make a long story short, I could've stayed. My building didn't lose power and no trees fell down..only a couple of branches. Cant say the same for my sis (she has no power), so I'm gonna have her, my niece and my bro-in-law crash for the night.

We lost power Saturday morning around 9am, then it miraculously came back on at 4pm when the winds were predicted to be the strongest. Now we are one of the only houses on our block with full power. Crazy. Irma will forever be the hurricane that made me say **** Florida I'm out! I can't deal with the anxiety leading up to the storm, especially when the entire state is acting like the world is about to end

Going on almost 24 hours without power. Honestly I don't mind it though, it's been nice just kicking back and enjoying the breeze. I try to think of it as how life was back when we didn't have cell phones, no real internet, and just landlines while the cell signal was down.

Y'all must be using ur car charger to charge the phone den
Yeah, we drove to find some food and just charged the phones in the car. My apartment has power but my parents don't. Just waiting for them to get power even though they're five minutes away lol

Lost power for like 2 mins. Roof sprung some leaks and lost my mango tree and about half my back fence. Just got tv and internet back like 2 hours ago. All in all not bad for a hurricane.

Downloading netflix eps the days before were a godsend :smokin

Back
Top Bottom