Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

My uncle in Orlando. He not sure what the move is yet tho. He might go to a shelter or he might come up and stay by us.

A 6 hour drive became a 12 hour drive.

:sick:

Glad I made it to GA tho.

:smokin

Drove for 10 hours STRAIGHT. I75 is no joke... Rest areas were packed, people parking on grass, etc...

Had to limit water consumption/ food consumption to avoid using bathrooms.

Stay safe everyone.

Birthday is today as well. Had plans to celebrate it but those gotta wait.

I have a condo down there. I hope its straight. It has survived hurricanes in the past. Ive lived through them. But this superstorm ****...idk bro. Supposed to be going down for a few weeks in a couple weeks. Hope its still standing.

035421_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

weakening is a relative term... like relative to 18 hrs ago when the storm had more energy than the collective power of every bomb dropped in WW2. sure but its certaintly not gunna change much in the way of outcome for FL.

weakening is a relative term... like relative to 18 hrs ago when the storm had more energy than the collective power of every bomb dropped in WW2. sure but its certaintly not gunna change much in the way of outcome for FL.

When I read it I was hopeful it would keep dying down, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case

C'mon man! The difference between a Cat 5 and Cat 4 is huge, with significantly less damage. Notice the "projected" storm surges dropped from 3 meters to 1. That's a difference of about a million less homes on the coast being flooded. Not saying "okay, we're safe," but it will do less property damage. It's not great news, but the difference is monumental. Pray that it keeps dropping!

significantly less wind damage... significent wave height is still over 30 ft off the coast of Miami. not sure where ur pulling those storm surge estimations from but im betting it was a talking head on the news and not a real life climate scientist.

your kinda right tho this is much better than 185 mph winds but everyone with real knowledge on this knew that would happen as soon as it started passing over land masses.

man you would think the government would have some air bomb device that can weaken a storm by now.

But i walked into a publix yesterday afternoon and got everything i needed including water they had a 2 per family limit.

Will be going back today and putting my shutters up saturday morning with my neighbors who stayed.

Sucks i have this big *** lake right behind my house maybe 10 feet from my porch praying it can hold alot of the water and prevent some flooding.

significantly less wind damage... significent wave height is still over 30 ft off the coast of Miami. not sure where ur pulling those storm surge estimations from but im betting it was a talking head on the news and not a real life climate scientist.

your kinda right tho this is much better than 185 mph winds but everyone with real knowledge on this knew that would happen as soon as it started passing over land masses.

Buddy...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/035421.shtml?inundation

A day ago the barrier islands were projected underwater.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/w...ma-could-cause-10-foot-storm-surge/642358001/

Last edited:
If it stays over Cuba and goes more central there it will weaken even further....I don't want to hope for that...but smh, this is just a crappy situation.

man you would think the government would have some air bomb device that can weaken a storm by now.

But i walked into a publix yesterday afternoon and got everything i needed including water they had a 2 per family limit.

Will be going back today and putting my shutters up saturday morning with my neighbors who stayed.

Sucks i have this big *** lake right behind my house maybe 10 feet from my porch praying it can hold alot of the water and prevent some flooding.

They do, they can make them...

Haarp

Anyways, riding this one out in my "hurricane proof" home.

Block home first floor, 20 ft rubar every 5 fee, teflon hurricane shutters up, food, water, generator, 9mm, .38 special, mossberg pump.

In Tampa.

Not in a "flood zone".

Praying for all the Florida fam and anyone who might be stricken with this bull **** storm.

heres a good website to see how you area will be affected by flooding

http://www.floridadisaster.org/publicmapping/index.htm

im going to put it on the OP as well

They do, they can make them...

Haarp

Anyways, riding this one out in my "hurricane proof" home.

Block home first floor, 20 ft rubar every 5 fee, teflon hurricane shutters up, food, water, generator, 9mm, .38 special, mossberg pump.

In Tampa.

Not in a "flood zone".

Praying for all the Florida fam and anyone who might be stricken with this bull **** storm.

i got all you got but not a generator and a shotgun :lol:. Im in tampa too and not in a flood zone
my house was built in 2016 so im sure its hurricane proof as well it even came with some metal shutters for my windows

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom