RB Noel Devine
DL Brandon Bair
DB Will Hill
DB Deunta Williams
RB-FB John Clay

C Kristofer O'Dowd

WR DeAndre Brown

Draft Fell The Right Way For Ravens
The Ravens went into the 2011 NFL Draft with a wish list of players, especially with their first three picks, and over the past three days, the stars aligned to make those dreams come true.

A run on quarterbacks and defensive linemen, a fortunate break and just plain patience helped the Ravens land what they think is a successful draft.

Starting at the top, nabbing cornerback Jimmy Smith in the first round, wideout Torrey Smith in the second and massive offensive tackle Jah Reid in the third marked a collective home run for the Ravens.

“I think a couple days ago I said to Ozzie, ‘Could you imagine if we were able to get Jimmy Smith, Torrey Smith and Jah Reid?’

Draft Fell The Right Way For Ravens
The Ravens went into the 2011 NFL Draft with a wish list of players, especially with their first three picks, and over the past three days, the stars aligned to make those dreams come true.

A run on quarterbacks and defensive linemen, a fortunate break and just plain patience helped the Ravens land what they think is a successful draft.

Starting at the top, nabbing cornerback Jimmy Smith in the first round, wideout Torrey Smith in the second and massive offensive tackle Jah Reid in the third marked a collective home run for the Ravens.

“I think a couple days ago I said to Ozzie, ‘Could you imagine if we were able to get Jimmy Smith, Torrey Smith and Jah Reid?’

Derrick Mason is gone aswell 18.6 mil in salaries cut between those 4 players
im thinking Mason will be back as will Heap on reduced salaries hopefully this gives us what we need to
lock up yanda and ngata long term and bring in a stop gap RT till we find the long term replacement

Derrick Mason is gone aswell 18.6 mil in salaries cut between those 4 players
im thinking Mason will be back as will Heap on reduced salaries hopefully this gives us what we need to
lock up yanda and ngata long term and bring in a stop gap RT till we find the long term replacement

[h3]Ravens' free-agent forecast[/h3]
Assuming players with four years of service become unrestricted free agents, the Ravens will have 14 players (including six starters) who will hit the open market when the lockout ends. There will likely be a 15th free agent because the Ravens are expected to cut Willis McGahee, too.

Here’s a projection of who will be staying and going for the Ravens:

EXPECTED TO STAY

Prescott Burgess, linebacker/special teams ace: The Ravens didn’t extend a restricted free-agent tender to Burgess, who has led the Ravens in special teams tackles the past two seasons. But he should be able to be retained at a minimal cost.

Chris Carr, cornerback: Carr is smart, dependable and versatile, which makes him very valuable to the Ravens. He has already shown he can play cornerback and nickel back. And there’s talk he could move to safety. That’s an attractive safety net for the Ravens at cornerback (with Domonique Foxworth coming off a torn ACL) and safety (if Dawan Landry signs elsewhere).

Marshal Yanda, guard-tackle: Yanda seems to feel at home with the Ravens, and the Ravens have made it clear that Yanda is a priority. The coaches believe a key to getting the running game back on track is moving Yanda back to right guard. It would be a surprise if the Ravens let Yanda get away.

UP IN THE AIR

Marc Bulger, quarterback: Everyone has Bulger playing next season for Arizona, Cincinnati or Miami. That might be jumping the gun. The Ravens really want a proven veteran to back up Joe Flacco, and Bulger enjoyed a season where he wasn’t the defense’s tackling dummy. The biggest hurdle is finding another $3 million for Bulger when the salary cap goes back into effect.

Chris Chester, guard-center: Chester has never appeared happy with how the Ravens have used him, and the Ravens want him to get stronger before making him the heir apparent to Matt Birk at center. Since the Ravens didn’t draft a center, Chester could be their best option next year as the top backup there.

Le’Ron McClain, fullback: The Ravens would like to keep him because he can fill the big-back void (McGahee is expected to get cut) and he can play fullback. But the Ravens are probably looking to pick up a block-first fullback (perhaps Houston’s Vonta Leach or Cleveland’s Lawrence Vickers) to rev up the running game.

Tony Moll, guard-tackle: Adequate backup who should come cheap. The question is whether the Ravens truly want him back.

LIKELY TO LEAVE

Jared Gaither, offensive tackle: This was Gaither’s 2010 recap: a foot problem, unexpected weight loss and a back injury. That’s three strikes. The Ravens can’t depend on Gaither anymore, and Gaither wants to play left tackle. Time for both sides to move on.

Kevin Houser, long snapper: The only way Houser receives an invitation back is if Mogan Cox (torn ACL in December) isn’t healthy enough to take back his job.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, wide receiver: He wasn’t happy last season as the team’s No. 3 wide receiver. So, imagine his reaction when the Ravens drafted receivers in the second and fourth round. The Ravens appreciated his experience, just not his outspoken style.

Dawan Landry, safety: The Ravens have never made strong efforts to retain other players who started next to Ed Reed (Will Demps and Jim Leonhard). Landry almost certainly will draw interest from the league. Plus, the Ravens could plug a less expensive option (Tom Zbikowski) into the starting lineup.

Donte’ Stallworth, wide receiver: The Ravens’ fastest wide receiver finished with more rushes (five) than catches (two). There were rumblings that the Ravens didn’t trust his hands. Whatever the reason, chalk this up as a failed experiment.

Fabian Washington, cornerback: A stand-up guy who needs a change of scenery after getting benched two times in his Ravens career.

Josh Wilson, cornerback: You can’t completely write off the former Maryland star because the Ravens would make a call to him if they aren’t able to re-sign Carr and they aren’t sure Foxworth will be fully recovered by the start of the season. The odds of that happening aren’t great because Wilson should command some money as a free agent (he’s 26 and started for the Ravens) and the Ravens probably won’t want to spend much on a player who could get pushed out of the starting lineup.

I agree with most of this. Carr/Wilson is a toss up which I would like to keep more. Wilson showed alot of promise playing with the first team and Carr elevated his game its either or and i would be happy with either or to go with Webb, Fox, Smith tho if Fox is cut i wouldnt mind both back
I hate the fact that we are going to lose Gaither that line was the best in football imo Gaither-Grubbs-Birk-Yanda-Oher other than Birk all were young and hitting they're prime Birk has another year maybe 2 with his replacement most likely coming from next years draft its a shame we cant work out something like a 2 yr or 1 yr incentive laden deal for Gaither and work to repair the relationship with Harbaugh and hopefully get a longer term deal

McClain is a big iff he wants to be a RB with Willis Gone he might see more time running the ball but hes our starting FB if we do resign him we need to either sign another RB for a 3 headed attack to ensure McClain stays fit for FB duty or a 2nd FB if we are going to give McClain the ball more

Burgess is nice.I want to keep Chester.  Fabian, Landry, Housh, Stallworth, Buldger are gone we've already drafted or found replacements

other than a big splash in Scrabble, Sydney Rice, or Santonio Holmes which i highly doubt i expect us to take care of our own FA, extend Ngata

bring back Heap and Mason on lesser deals sign a few UDFA (LB depth OL depth possibly a FB) nothing to big this offseason

[h3]Ravens' free-agent forecast[/h3]
Assuming players with four years of service become unrestricted free agents, the Ravens will have 14 players (including six starters) who will hit the open market when the lockout ends. There will likely be a 15th free agent because the Ravens are expected to cut Willis McGahee, too.

Here’s a projection of who will be staying and going for the Ravens:

EXPECTED TO STAY

Prescott Burgess, linebacker/special teams ace: The Ravens didn’t extend a restricted free-agent tender to Burgess, who has led the Ravens in special teams tackles the past two seasons. But he should be able to be retained at a minimal cost.

Chris Carr, cornerback: Carr is smart, dependable and versatile, which makes him very valuable to the Ravens. He has already shown he can play cornerback and nickel back. And there’s talk he could move to safety. That’s an attractive safety net for the Ravens at cornerback (with Domonique Foxworth coming off a torn ACL) and safety (if Dawan Landry signs elsewhere).

Marshal Yanda, guard-tackle: Yanda seems to feel at home with the Ravens, and the Ravens have made it clear that Yanda is a priority. The coaches believe a key to getting the running game back on track is moving Yanda back to right guard. It would be a surprise if the Ravens let Yanda get away.

UP IN THE AIR

Marc Bulger, quarterback: Everyone has Bulger playing next season for Arizona, Cincinnati or Miami. That might be jumping the gun. The Ravens really want a proven veteran to back up Joe Flacco, and Bulger enjoyed a season where he wasn’t the defense’s tackling dummy. The biggest hurdle is finding another $3 million for Bulger when the salary cap goes back into effect.

Chris Chester, guard-center: Chester has never appeared happy with how the Ravens have used him, and the Ravens want him to get stronger before making him the heir apparent to Matt Birk at center. Since the Ravens didn’t draft a center, Chester could be their best option next year as the top backup there.

Le’Ron McClain, fullback: The Ravens would like to keep him because he can fill the big-back void (McGahee is expected to get cut) and he can play fullback. But the Ravens are probably looking to pick up a block-first fullback (perhaps Houston’s Vonta Leach or Cleveland’s Lawrence Vickers) to rev up the running game.

Tony Moll, guard-tackle: Adequate backup who should come cheap. The question is whether the Ravens truly want him back.

LIKELY TO LEAVE

Jared Gaither, offensive tackle: This was Gaither’s 2010 recap: a foot problem, unexpected weight loss and a back injury. That’s three strikes. The Ravens can’t depend on Gaither anymore, and Gaither wants to play left tackle. Time for both sides to move on.

Kevin Houser, long snapper: The only way Houser receives an invitation back is if Mogan Cox (torn ACL in December) isn’t healthy enough to take back his job.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, wide receiver: He wasn’t happy last season as the team’s No. 3 wide receiver. So, imagine his reaction when the Ravens drafted receivers in the second and fourth round. The Ravens appreciated his experience, just not his outspoken style.

Dawan Landry, safety: The Ravens have never made strong efforts to retain other players who started next to Ed Reed (Will Demps and Jim Leonhard). Landry almost certainly will draw interest from the league. Plus, the Ravens could plug a less expensive option (Tom Zbikowski) into the starting lineup.

Donte’ Stallworth, wide receiver: The Ravens’ fastest wide receiver finished with more rushes (five) than catches (two). There were rumblings that the Ravens didn’t trust his hands. Whatever the reason, chalk this up as a failed experiment.

Fabian Washington, cornerback: A stand-up guy who needs a change of scenery after getting benched two times in his Ravens career.

Josh Wilson, cornerback: You can’t completely write off the former Maryland star because the Ravens would make a call to him if they aren’t able to re-sign Carr and they aren’t sure Foxworth will be fully recovered by the start of the season. The odds of that happening aren’t great because Wilson should command some money as a free agent (he’s 26 and started for the Ravens) and the Ravens probably won’t want to spend much on a player who could get pushed out of the starting lineup.

I agree with most of this. Carr/Wilson is a toss up which I would like to keep more. Wilson showed alot of promise playing with the first team and Carr elevated his game its either or and i would be happy with either or to go with Webb, Fox, Smith tho if Fox is cut i wouldnt mind both back
I hate the fact that we are going to lose Gaither that line was the best in football imo Gaither-Grubbs-Birk-Yanda-Oher other than Birk all were young and hitting they're prime Birk has another year maybe 2 with his replacement most likely coming from next years draft its a shame we cant work out something like a 2 yr or 1 yr incentive laden deal for Gaither and work to repair the relationship with Harbaugh and hopefully get a longer term deal

McClain is a big iff he wants to be a RB with Willis Gone he might see more time running the ball but hes our starting FB if we do resign him we need to either sign another RB for a 3 headed attack to ensure McClain stays fit for FB duty or a 2nd FB if we are going to give McClain the ball more

Burgess is nice.I want to keep Chester.  Fabian, Landry, Housh, Stallworth, Buldger are gone we've already drafted or found replacements

other than a big splash in Scrabble, Sydney Rice, or Santonio Holmes which i highly doubt i expect us to take care of our own FA, extend Ngata

bring back Heap and Mason on lesser deals sign a few UDFA (LB depth OL depth possibly a FB) nothing to big this offseason

as long as Cam Cameron insists on vanilla, predictable plays.
What it all boils down to. His play-calling has held us back the last 2 years and I honestly can't believe he's back. Let's run the ball right up the middle on 1st and 2nd down @ the Steelers D, in Pittsburgh, and put Joe in 3rd and long situations on EVERY drive. Unbelievable. even Ray-Ray has voiced his displeasure with the playcalling in the past.

Holding off on the optimism to avoid January disappointment...again.
ohwell.gif

as long as Cam Cameron insists on vanilla, predictable plays.
What it all boils down to. His play-calling has held us back the last 2 years and I honestly can't believe he's back. Let's run the ball right up the middle on 1st and 2nd down @ the Steelers D, in Pittsburgh, and put Joe in 3rd and long situations on EVERY drive. Unbelievable. even Ray-Ray has voiced his displeasure with the playcalling in the past.

Holding off on the optimism to avoid January disappointment...again.
ohwell.gif

We in this 
pimp.gif

I feel like this is the make or break year for Joe.  If he doesn't improve significantly I seriously have doubts that hes our guy.

We in this 
pimp.gif

I feel like this is the make or break year for Joe.  If he doesn't improve significantly I seriously have doubts that hes our guy.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Releasing Mason, Willis, & Heap?

Damn I expect them to re-sign Mason and/or Heap.

Crazy.

I was so disappointed when I heard we let them go
ohwell.gif

hopefully we'll find a way to resign them

Crazy.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Crazy.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Crazy.

ohwell.gif

Mason said he wants to play in Baltimore this year and that it's up to the Front Office whether or not that ends up being the case.

ChicagoKid- If your sig had the White Sox rather than the Cubs we'd be best friends.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom