HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by AJChick23

IDK how accurate this thing is but I'll be going to my local BB in the am..it said they have some so who knows
nerd.gif

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...303031896&itemId=1557949

Which best buy store is this?

I think we need a separate thread for mods too.

Ppl were camping this am for 32gb and selling em outside BBY for double what they paid smdh.

And employees bought up most of the 16s Thursday night. Luckily my daughters' mother works there so I was able to cop. Cant beat it for 100 bucks. Typing on it now def need that keyboard.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

I'm mad salty that I haven't gotten any

This!

Thanks to the people who bought 5+ touchpads the people who ACTUALLY needed one missed out. 

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Big ups to a fellow NT for putting me on to this.  My first game was Mortal Kombat and I learned not to practice the controls on that game very quickly
laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Question: Do those games cost money, if so how much?
nerd.gif
Anything like jailbreaking?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
The games are free. I didn't know much about it but once I found a webos forum and followed the instructions on how to install games and apps its smooth sailing from there.  You could also get games like Angry Birds Rio,  Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and many more games for free.

link to the forum?

yeah I'm loving that snes theme so far. The snes theme is easily available in that HP app store. Roms arent NT legal though, so google that

For anyone in the Atlanta area, Alpharetta Best Buy will have them this morning. It's like 20 ppl in line now and word is they will have 100+. Line is growing every hour so I'd get here now!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I did a quick search with that link and all the Best Buys in the bay area and all say "unavailable."

indifferent.gif

Fams I wouldn't depend on that. If it says a store has them, then you're golden. But I've found out from experience this week that the stores will sell them immediately after getting them off the truck without scanning them into inventory. My best advice is to call and see if they will tell you anything about when the next shipment is coming.

Went to a bb in the bronx yesterday. Manager said they didnt have meanwhile online its showing in store only.smh. Bought a keyboard for 35 though.

Originally Posted by iAllan

Smh, I just spent 5 hours playing FFII. Got most of my roms that all work from doperoms.com.

258bdpv.png

#AW YEE

WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  CHRONO TRIGGER MY #+@++ THAT GAME IS DOPE.

I've got mine overclocking at 1.728. Anyone try to overclock it at 1.9? Any problems?
 I'm not trying to brick mine just for gains in speed

my wife checked best buy south charlotte/blakeney this morning. 200 people were in line, they had only 60 touchpads. i'm selling my shoes for an ipad2 cot damnit

Originally Posted by platnum statuz

I've got mine overclocking at 1.728. Anyone try to overclock it at 1.9? Any problems?
 I'm not trying to brick mine just for gains in speed

its pretty much impossible to brick a webOS device. All you would have to do is plug it to your computer and run webOS doctor.
To answer your question though, I clocked it to 1.9 and it was pretty stable for awhile, eventually it froze up and restarted.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Originally Posted by Luong1209

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Question: Do those games cost money, if so how much?
nerd.gif
Anything like jailbreaking?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
The games are free. I didn't know much about it but once I found a webos forum and followed the instructions on how to install games and apps its smooth sailing from there.  You could also get games like Angry Birds Rio,  Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and many more games for free.

link to the forum?

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

[h1]HP TouchPad: Everything you want to know[/h1]
By James Kendrick | August 26, 2011, 5:05am PDT

Summary: Tips and tricks, apps and accessories: Here’s everything new Touchpad owners need in one place.

It is hard to believe the HP TouchPad has only been around for a few weeks given the checkered past it has already lived. It went from also-ran to the top seller on Amazon in days, and according to some estimates has sold hundreds of thousands of units in the last week. Based on the correspondence I am receiving from new TouchPad owners I believe those figures may be accurate.

Many of these new TouchPad owners are craving for information about their new tablet, and many questions I am spending hours each day answering are in fact answered in articles I wrote before the bizarre scenario played out. It seems like a good idea to gather all of my articles about the HP TouchPad together in one place for easy reference.

One reason that early reviews of the TouchPad routinely panned the device for poor performance out of the box was due to the way webOS handles the initial Synergy syncing. Synergy brings together all of the user’s social networks, email and contacts from all over the web so the TouchPad can do useful things with them. Unfortunately, this initial syncing in the background can take a day or two if enough accounts are configured, and there is nothing that can be done about the performance hits while the syncing is taking place. Once the syncing completes the performance becomes pretty good, so let it happen and expect possible lagginess in execution for the first day or so. Things get much better after that.
[h3]Tips and tricks and general coverage for the HP TouchPad[/h3]

How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad
New HP TouchPad owners go get your free 50GB of lifetime cloud storage
HP TouchPad owners: get 6 free apps from HP for a limited time
HP TouchPad: HP and Best Buy to refund price differences for early buyers
HP TouchPad as portable blogging machine
Overclocking the HP TouchPad cranks up the speed
HP TouchPad: Still better than Honeycomb
5 Tablets for back to school
The HP TouchPad homebrew community is already alive and well
HP TouchPad: Hands-on impressions
[h3]Good apps for the HP TouchPad[/h3]
10 apps for your new HP TouchPad
5 more apps for your new HP TouchPad
What the HP TouchPad needs is an Android Player
HP TouchPad as portable blogging machine
HP TouchPad: Kindle app review
Glimpse for HP TouchPad: Multi-tasking within a single app
Cool apps for the HP TouchPad with screenshots
Top 5 free apps for the HP TouchPad; Easter eggs bonus
[h3]Accessories for the HP TouchPad[/h3]
Review: iPad Travel Express bag fits the TouchPad and Galaxy Tab
Arkon Portable Tablet Stand for iPad, Honeycomb, TouchPad, and eReaders
HP TouchPad: Waterfield Designs sleeve case review
HP TouchPad Case review: Thin and light
Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboard: Good for use with any tablet

Related Stories:
Link
I suggest everyone use these links. If you follow them they'll lead to other links. Been finding all kinds of useful apps and games after I jailbroke it.

Picked up my 2nd Touchpad this morning after camping in line since 5am. Now trying to figure out if imma resell or save it for my dad's xmas gift. Hopefully I can truly get to call this thing a TouchDroid soon!

Posted from my HP Touchpad btw.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ludex360

Originally Posted by AJChick23

IDK how accurate this thing is but I'll be going to my local BB in the am..it said they have some so who knows
nerd.gif

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...303031896&itemId=1557949

it;s accurate in the morning before they open, that's if they are not all purchased by employees.
It was accurate apparently...the line was stacked when I went by this morning. They handed out 50 tickets.. the last guy to get one was about 10 people in front of me
laugh.gif
I just went home after the manager told everybody the deal.

Back
Top Bottom