HP Touchpad for $99/$149

My white "carbon fiber" vinyl came in the other day. I didn't think it would come with the Apple logo as the sample was pictured as just a plain sheet. However, I'm really not that bothered by it. (We all wish they were iPads anyways.
laugh.gif
). However, if I would have known that prior, I would have just bought a large sheet of vinyl and outlined it myself...
Anyways, install is pretty straight-forward. Just match-up starting from either the top or bottom and slowly work the sheet over. (If you come across air-bubbles, use a hairdryer to even them out). I had to use an X-Acto knife to trim the top edges and contour them a bit to accommodate the Power Button and Auxiliary Jack, but it's really nothing one can't handle. As you can see, I tried to center the logo, but that didn't work out too well. The bottom is in unison with the HP logo, but the top sides of the Apple are not. Unfortunately, I think this was just due to the actual cut of the sheet because if I were to align the logos properly, there would have been uneven coverage (in mm) of the sheet on the whole right side of the TouchPad. I opted to go with complete/even coverage and eventually plan to cut-out a matching logo that's solid in color to fill the space...

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. As the TouchPad is now my designated web-surfing device when I'm just in my living room, I only used the folio case to protect the back from fingerprints making this a nice solution to the excess bulk at just over $5 shipped...

bebhjl.jpg

154cadd.jpg

chopped it up w/ SMB today!!

the fambs told me that the whole "six to eight week" production period will be finished up NEXT WEEK!

they say that those folks that order after that saturday should have theirs shipped out starting late next week, early october.

call and double check your order number to see if yours is still in the system.

because to all my SMB heads...

WE GONNA GET IT SOON...

and RIGHT after android gets completely ported.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Again. Get them while they last!

Internet Radio Pro HD - ccb61531-9131-45de-8981-e22ed9c298fc
Tap To The Beat Pro - c75296d3-5b6a-45ae-9427-bef3b391b0db

Originally Posted by ricky409

chopped it up w/ SMB today!!

the fambs told me that the whole "six to eight week" production period will be finished up NEXT WEEK!

they say that those folks that order after that saturday should have theirs shipped out starting late next week, early october.

call and double check your order number to see if yours is still in the system.

because to all my SMB heads...

WE GONNA GET IT SOON...

and RIGHT after android gets completely ported.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Finally

meh, believe it when I see it. Sounds like some %%#+ to just get you off the phone. Like when I called and they said my %%#+ would be shipped out on 8/30. %++%%#% c%^&s

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

meh, believe it when I see it. Sounds like some %%#+ to just get you off the phone. Like when I called and they said my %%#+ would be shipped out on 8/30. %++%%#% c%^&s

ummmm...

aight then... well, you can be a spoil sport..

but i think this is some legitimate information.

its all good, though!

as long as we get'em, we straight, fambs...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sniper

Again. Get them while they last!

Internet Radio Pro HD - ccb61531-9131-45de-8981-e22ed9c298fc
Tap To The Beat Pro - c75296d3-5b6a-45ae-9427-bef3b391b0db

how do you use these?

nevermind..........says invalid promo code, unless you have to enter the dashes

on a side note..........is anyone else having trouble getting on NT on the tablet?  it keeps loading the bar then starting over.

My white "carbon fiber" vinyl came in the other day. I didn't think it would come with the Apple logo as the sample was pictured as just a plain sheet. However, I'm really not that bothered by it. (We all wish they were iPads anyways.
laugh.gif
). However, if I would have known that prior, I would have just bought a large sheet of vinyl and outlined it myself...
Anyways, install is pretty straight-forward. Just match-up starting from either the top or bottom and slowly work the sheet over. (If you come across air-bubbles, use a hairdryer to even them out). I had to use an X-Acto knife to trim the top edges and contour them a bit to accommodate the Power Button and Auxiliary Jack, but it's really nothing one can't handle. As you can see, I tried to center the logo, but that didn't work out too well. The bottom is in unison with the HP logo, but the top sides of the Apple are not. Unfortunately, I think this was just due to the actual cut of the sheet because if I were to align the logos properly, there would have been uneven coverage (in mm) of the sheet on the whole right side of the TouchPad. I opted to go with complete/even coverage and eventually plan to cut-out a matching logo that's solid in color to fill the space...

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. As the TouchPad is now my designated web-surfing device when I'm just in my living room, I only used the folio case to protect the back from fingerprints making this a nice solution to the excess bulk at just over $5 shipped...

bebhjl.jpg

154cadd.jpg
i got the same skin except i paid $27 for it
laugh.gif
and its a circle for the HP logo. i love it even though i over paid but its all good. looks SICK

pacmagic2002:
Yeah. The codes usually get depleted within 30-or-so minutes after launch. I get e-mails right when they hit so I try to post them as soon as possible...

Internet Radio Pro HD streams music from a host of stations. You search for the type/style of music and it provides whatever is available. There's a few streaming radio apps that are free so this isn't necessary. It's just nice to have additional stations....

Tap To The Beat Pro is pretty useless unless you're an EMT or would just want to know the BPM of something...

Zyzz:
$27 really isn't bad considering yours is probably made of better quality material, has some form of warranty, made specifically for the TouchPad and also comes with a screen protector. If mine doesn't hold up, I'll probably end-up buying the one you have as well...

pacmagic2002:
Yeah. The codes usually get depleted within 30-or-so minutes after launch. I get e-mails right when they hit so I try to post them as soon as possible...

Internet Radio Pro HD streams music from a host of stations. You search for the type/style of music and it provides whatever is available. There's a few streaming radio apps that are free so this isn't necessary. It's just nice to have additional stations....

Tap To The Beat Pro is pretty useless unless you're an EMT or would just want to know the BPM of something...

Zyzz:
$27 really isn't bad considering yours is probably made of better quality material, has some form of warranty, made specifically for the TouchPad and also comes with a screen protector. If mine doesn't hold up, I'll probably end buying the one you have as well...
im sure they are all the same quality. but yes mine did come with screen protector which was a pain in the BUTT to put on since ive never done it with the spray bottle crap and i did a terrible job.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

and wassup with all the apps with the "phone" interface? lol.
What apps are those?
espn and pandora, im sure there are a few others i tried but i deleted them and dont remeber what it was............i just deleted them after i saw the interface.

it shows a phone in the middle of the screen and the actual app on the "phone" screen
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Ohhhh ok, I remember seeing that phone interface thing somewhere on the net but didn't know what it was for

That is odd though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airchin222

I ordered through OnSale again around 7PM PST. Hopefully I get it this time around and ONSale doesn't cancel it. They also only held $1 on my account instead of the full price which is great. On top of that i selected overnight shipping
Update: checked out my order status and I got a tracking number. Should be here by tomorrow.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

and wassup with all the apps with the "phone" interface? lol.
What apps are those?
espn and pandora, im sure there are a few others i tried but i deleted them and dont remeber what it was............i just deleted them after i saw the interface.

it shows a phone in the middle of the screen and the actual app on the "phone" screen
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Those are non Touchpad apps. They're for WebOS phones. They'll work for the TP but will have a smaller viewable size. Stick to the actual HD touchpad apps

Anybody have issues logging in to certain websites? I enter the username and pw but when I press enter or login, it doesn't do anything except highlight it and prompt copy.

Onsale order shipped...now I gotta decide what I'm gonna do with 2....although the hype died down, I got sucked back in and ordered this.
-sf77

So is there any way I can order a touchpad right now? The last few pages have got me pretty confused and excited.

Looking for one for my sister, would snag another for my mother if possible.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

So is there any way I can order a touchpad right now? The last few pages have got me pretty confused and excited.

Looking for one for my sister, would snag another for my mother if possible.

Last couple pages deals with orders that we cancelled by onsale when the price originally dropped...they have contacted those customers offering to allow them to purchase 1 unit each...Hp should have more available soonOther retailers, like office max are also working to secure more units for the customer orders they cancelled as well.I won't say it will be impossible for you to get one at this point, but you will have to put in work, and it will most likely be a online purchase.Slickdeals continues to be the info leader on tp availability, I would start by checking their forum thread as often as possibleBest of luck-sf77

if you are downloading apps make sure it has the For TouchPad right above the green purchase button. Also you guys should check out precentral.net and look at the new Touchpad owner thread. 20 minutes and the tablet will be blazing fast.

sidenote, I've found some good apps in the Catalog.

Quell HD : really dope puzzle game, worth the money.
Comicshelf HD: nice comic reading app if you like comic books
Spaz HD: tablet style Twitter app
Angry Birds HD

coloring book: Great app if you have children
Peekaboo: another great app for kids and its free

also...Pandora redid their website in HTML5 and it works very nicely on tablets. Background play works good, just leave the card open. 

Back
Top Bottom