How would you impose breaking up if you live together? Vol. I can't stand youu!!

Since I can’t seem to talk to anyone in my vicinity aboutthis without somehow setting off the nuke I sleep next to every night. Idecided to post here so I can release this tension without blowing up at herand to hear some quick advice or feedback from my NT fam since ya’ll are all ears.

So long story short.. my relationship feels like it’sdragging. I may be writing this out of grief due to more and more pointlessquestions that need not to be asked.. like..

‘’What’s wrong?’’            (after justwaking up)

‘’Why did you leave and why did you ignore me?’’           (late for work)

‘’Is everything okay between us?’’          (at random out the blue)

‘’Are you going to leave me for another girl?’’            
indifferent.gif
        (when everything is fine)

We live together now because last year I didn’t want her tobe homeless due to the fact that she doesn’t sit straight or get along with hermom’s current husband/family. They both wanted her out. I took her in with thekindness and compassion that I was raised with and at the time I was juiced tohave my lady move in with me..

I didn’t however take into consideration how complicated@#$% can get with her there after a while. Thus creating the ‘can’t do list’because she either is there or wants to be there ALL the TIME.
  • ·        Can’t kick it with the homies                       (talk/joke around aboutguy stuff)
  • ·        Can’t hit up the bar/club                               (with or withoutthe homies)
  • ·        Can’t go to the gas station to pick up a blunt        (without her wanting to tag along)
  • ·        Can’t visit my father/family alone             (without her packing a bag andwanting to go to)
  • ·        Can’t speak to her about anything relationshiprelated                   (without the 21questions to follow)
  • ·        Can’t ask for ''healthy'' spacecouples need to give each other in order to function(withoutassuming I’m already cheating on her..)
It goes on..

Now for some history…

We’ve been together on and off for about 4 years and we’vedone a lot of growing up with each other. There were a few guys at thebeginning of the relationship. I didn’t care cuz I was still on the prowl doin’me.. There were a few girls in my life before and during the on off time samewith her. Now that summer is coming and the days and women will naturally be gettinghotter. She’s intimidated… THIS EARLY… already raisin her leg to mark herterritory when it’s not needed.

So my question to you is how should I go about this? I’mpretty much done being sympathetic to her emotions because she uses them on meall the time.

Is anyone in the same boat as me here?  If not throw me a rope.

/rant

Since I can’t seem to talk to anyone in my vicinity aboutthis without somehow setting off the nuke I sleep next to every night. Idecided to post here so I can release this tension without blowing up at herand to hear some quick advice or feedback from my NT fam since ya’ll are all ears.

So long story short.. my relationship feels like it’sdragging. I may be writing this out of grief due to more and more pointlessquestions that need not to be asked.. like..

‘’What’s wrong?’’            (after justwaking up)

‘’Why did you leave and why did you ignore me?’’           (late for work)

‘’Is everything okay between us?’’          (at random out the blue)

‘’Are you going to leave me for another girl?’’            
indifferent.gif
        (when everything is fine)

We live together now because last year I didn’t want her tobe homeless due to the fact that she doesn’t sit straight or get along with hermom’s current husband/family. They both wanted her out. I took her in with thekindness and compassion that I was raised with and at the time I was juiced tohave my lady move in with me..

I didn’t however take into consideration how complicated@#$% can get with her there after a while. Thus creating the ‘can’t do list’because she either is there or wants to be there ALL the TIME.
  • ·        Can’t kick it with the homies                       (talk/joke around aboutguy stuff)
  • ·        Can’t hit up the bar/club                               (with or withoutthe homies)
  • ·        Can’t go to the gas station to pick up a blunt        (without her wanting to tag along)
  • ·        Can’t visit my father/family alone             (without her packing a bag andwanting to go to)
  • ·        Can’t speak to her about anything relationshiprelated                   (without the 21questions to follow)
  • ·        Can’t ask for ''healthy'' spacecouples need to give each other in order to function(withoutassuming I’m already cheating on her..)
It goes on..

Now for some history…

We’ve been together on and off for about 4 years and we’vedone a lot of growing up with each other. There were a few guys at thebeginning of the relationship. I didn’t care cuz I was still on the prowl doin’me.. There were a few girls in my life before and during the on off time samewith her. Now that summer is coming and the days and women will naturally be gettinghotter. She’s intimidated… THIS EARLY… already raisin her leg to mark herterritory when it’s not needed.

So my question to you is how should I go about this? I’mpretty much done being sympathetic to her emotions because she uses them on meall the time.

Is anyone in the same boat as me here?  If not throw me a rope.

/rant

Sounds like you've checked out of the relationship.
You say you are not sympathetic to her emotions, yet you are asking how to seemingly kick her to the curb gently.
You just gotta be straight with her.
It's not working out. It's you, not me.
Lay it all out for her. Give her a set date to get her stuff out. Don't make it a week. Don't make it 2 months.
Not sure what your financial arrangement are, but get that taken care.
Open up a new account for yourself.
Decide what you will be willing to let go of. Maybe a couch, maybe a TV, maybe the bed?
You kick her out of the crib with the clothes on her back, you're a bad dude.
You kick her out the crib with the clothes on her back, a TV, a night stand, and a couch, you're a good dude...
Good luck dude.

-J-

You say you are not sympathetic to her emotions, yet you are asking how to seemingly kick her to the curb gently.
Lay it all out for her. Give her a set date to get her stuff out. Don't make it a week. Don't make it 2 months.
Decide what you will be willing to let go of. Maybe a couch, maybe a TV, maybe the bed?
You kick her out the crib with the clothes on her back, a TV, a night stand, and a couch, you're a good dude...
Good luck dude.

-J-

Originally Posted by lyricist343

·         Can’t kick it with the homies                       (talk/joke around about guy stuff)

·         Can’t hit up the bar/club                               (with or without the homies)

·         Can’t go to the gas station to pick up a blunt        (without her wanting to tag along)

·         Can’t visit my father/family alone             (without her packing a bag and wanting to go to)

·         Can’t speak to her about anything relationship related                   (without the 21 questions to follow)

·         Can’t ask for ''healthy'' space couples need to give each other in order to function (without assuming I’m already cheating on her..)
I'm almost six years in. I've got friends in the same boat. We pretty much all go through these points right here. Normally when I tell her to back off a bit she does, so its not an issue.

I've got friends that are on a pretty short leash though.

I may be wrong, but I'm willing to bet your girl doesn't have a ton of girlfriends so she's overly dependent on you.

Originally Posted by lyricist343

·         Can’t kick it with the homies                       (talk/joke around about guy stuff)

·         Can’t hit up the bar/club                               (with or without the homies)

·         Can’t go to the gas station to pick up a blunt        (without her wanting to tag along)

·         Can’t visit my father/family alone             (without her packing a bag and wanting to go to)

·         Can’t speak to her about anything relationship related                   (without the 21 questions to follow)

·         Can’t ask for ''healthy'' space couples need to give each other in order to function (without assuming I’m already cheating on her..)
I'm almost six years in. I've got friends in the same boat. We pretty much all go through these points right here. Normally when I tell her to back off a bit she does, so its not an issue.

I've got friends that are on a pretty short leash though.

I may be wrong, but I'm willing to bet your girl doesn't have a ton of girlfriends so she's overly dependent on you.

Son...I definitely feel you. My girlfriend moved in with me almost 2 years ago due to her roommate moving away for college and she couldn't afford a place on her own (NYC). Fast forward to present day, and she's always mad because I straight up tell her I don't want to be engaged/get married and we wind up fighting over the pettiest $#!# known to man. I feel f#*(@ trapped now because on one hand I would feel bad to kick her out to the curb knowing she doesn't have anywhere to go, but on the other I can't keep holding myself back and lying to the both of us as if we're actually happy/satisfied with the relationship. Not to mention she's admitted to me that in the past she's had thoughts about suicide, and I don't want to be the reason to send her over the damn edge. My strategy at this point is to make her absolutely sick of me and she leaves on her own will, that way I won't have the guilty conscience of giving her the boot. So far it hasn't worked out as planned and she just #DealsWithIt......

However, I come and go as I please and she's not trying to have me on any kind of lockdown, unlike your situation. I couldn't handle that at all on top of everything else. Do what you want, when you want and tell her to #DealWithIt

Son...I definitely feel you. My girlfriend moved in with me almost 2 years ago due to her roommate moving away for college and she couldn't afford a place on her own (NYC). Fast forward to present day, and she's always mad because I straight up tell her I don't want to be engaged/get married and we wind up fighting over the pettiest $#!# known to man. I feel f#*(@ trapped now because on one hand I would feel bad to kick her out to the curb knowing she doesn't have anywhere to go, but on the other I can't keep holding myself back and lying to the both of us as if we're actually happy/satisfied with the relationship. Not to mention she's admitted to me that in the past she's had thoughts about suicide, and I don't want to be the reason to send her over the damn edge. My strategy at this point is to make her absolutely sick of me and she leaves on her own will, that way I won't have the guilty conscience of giving her the boot. So far it hasn't worked out as planned and she just #DealsWithIt......

However, I come and go as I please and she's not trying to have me on any kind of lockdown, unlike your situation. I couldn't handle that at all on top of everything else. Do what you want, when you want and tell her to #DealWithIt

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

First of all, some one gotta leave or that *!$+ don't even count as breaking up. Ya'll just mad.
laugh.gif

Damn a double post 12 minutes a part? I am impressed

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

First of all, some one gotta leave or that *!$+ don't even count as breaking up. Ya'll just mad.
laugh.gif

Damn a double post 12 minutes a part? I am impressed

I was in a similar situaion, but she moved in with me while i was living with my moms. After a year and a half of dating (we've known eachother for five years) we now have a baby boy together, we are broken up and trying to work on our parent relationship.
grin.gif

Conclusion: Get rid of her before you end up getting her pregnant and your stuck with a nagging, controlling women
sick.gif
 she does of the things that your girl does now, and she uses my son over my head all the time. Not worth it.....dead her

I was in a similar situaion, but she moved in with me while i was living with my moms. After a year and a half of dating (we've known eachother for five years) we now have a baby boy together, we are broken up and trying to work on our parent relationship.
grin.gif

Conclusion: Get rid of her before you end up getting her pregnant and your stuck with a nagging, controlling women
sick.gif
 she does of the things that your girl does now, and she uses my son over my head all the time. Not worth it.....dead her

I do have a heart when it comes to her well being after she leaves. She's not suicidal or anything but just to make sure she's at least got a place lined up to stay at. She's got no fam lookin out for her.

I don't have a heart towards all the emo-ness I get from trying to express my opinion to anything.

Perfect example.. I'm on NT reading a funny post, I laugh, then smile, then get hit with the "you never smile or laugh at anything I say." *followed by the cold shoulder* 
indifferent.gif

I may be wrong, but I'm willing to bet your girl doesn't have a ton of girlfriends so she's overly dependent on you

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bingo! That is exactly how I feel. Yet she denies being dependent on me...  
indifferent.gif
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

I feel f#*(@ trapped now because on one hand I would feel bad to kick her out to the curb knowing she doesn't have anywhere to go, but on the other I can't keep holding myself back and lying to the both of us as if we're actually happy/satisfied with the relationship.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You don hit the nail on the head with that one... and the ''get sick of me'' trial has failed... repeatedly.[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

have you tried to tell her everything you just posted for us?
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, countless times... I'm betting my bottom dollar that she will somehow end up reading this by the days end..[/font]

I do have a heart when it comes to her well being after she leaves. She's not suicidal or anything but just to make sure she's at least got a place lined up to stay at. She's got no fam lookin out for her.

I don't have a heart towards all the emo-ness I get from trying to express my opinion to anything.

Perfect example.. I'm on NT reading a funny post, I laugh, then smile, then get hit with the "you never smile or laugh at anything I say." *followed by the cold shoulder* 
indifferent.gif

I may be wrong, but I'm willing to bet your girl doesn't have a ton of girlfriends so she's overly dependent on you

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bingo! That is exactly how I feel. Yet she denies being dependent on me...  
indifferent.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

I feel f#*(@ trapped now because on one hand I would feel bad to kick her out to the curb knowing she doesn't have anywhere to go, but on the other I can't keep holding myself back and lying to the both of us as if we're actually happy/satisfied with the relationship.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You don hit the nail on the head with that one... and the ''get sick of me'' trial has failed... repeatedly.[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

have you tried to tell her everything you just posted for us?
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, countless times... I'm betting my bottom dollar that she will somehow end up reading this by the days end..[/font]

Backbone - find it

You are a good dude for taking her in and all, but she's walking all over you.

It's time to put your foot down. She'll respect you for it. And it may save you guys relationship.

And I don't mean to demean her or anything. Just get some equilibrium in your relationship. It's wanting homeostasis badly.

Backbone - find it

You are a good dude for taking her in and all, but she's walking all over you.

It's time to put your foot down. She'll respect you for it. And it may save you guys relationship.

And I don't mean to demean her or anything. Just get some equilibrium in your relationship. It's wanting homeostasis badly.

Originally Posted by JBug88

Good luck dude.

-J-
This guy needs an award or something
pimp.gif

EDIT: Don't get salty when all she finds another dude with the quickness, Men are thirsty these days. then you'll constantly think.. "damn all she wanted to know is that i still cared and loved her.. "

Don't mind me i am
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom