How would you impose breaking up if you live together? Vol. I can't stand youu!!

Originally Posted by JBug88

Sounds like you've checked out of the relationship.
You say you are not sympathetic to her emotions, yet you are asking how to seemingly kick her to the curb gently.
You just gotta be straight with her.
It's not working out. It's you, not me.
Lay it all out for her. Give her a set date to get her stuff out. Don't make it a week. Don't make it 2 months.
Not sure what your financial arrangement are, but get that taken care.
Open up a new account for yourself.
Decide what you will be willing to let go of. Maybe a couch, maybe a TV, maybe the bed?
You kick her out of the crib with the clothes on her back, you're a bad dude.
You kick her out the crib with the clothes on her back, a TV, a night stand, and a couch, you're a good dude...
Good luck dude.

-J-
This guy needs an award or something
pimp.gif

EDIT: Don't get salty when all she finds another dude with the quickness, Men are thirsty these days. then you'll constantly think.. "damn all she wanted to know is that i still cared and loved her.. "

Don't mind me i am
smokin.gif

Leave her a note explaining that you two need to talk about your relationship when you leave or something. Tell her not to call/text, and just to reflect on your last couple years together and that you'll do the same.

After a little while, come back to your crib and have that talk...Be honest about how you feel, and tell her the EXACT same stuff as you just told us. Tell her to be honest as well. You might be encouraging her behavior and you might not even know it. Truth is the keyword. And if you don't feel like she's being truthful, just end it right there.

After you guys finish talking (and this could very well turn into a multi-day ordeal, but better to have 18 days of arguing than 18 years of support) go from there. If you feel resolved, all is well that ends well. If not, tell her that she has to move out by X date. (Have this decided before you talk.)

If you say "Well, you gotta move out by next month" that next month will be turned into next season, next semester, next year, etc.

Don't worry about "letting her down easy" or any of that. Be honest. If she's feeling it by the end, oh well. That honesty will help her far more than any "It's me, not you" type BS that you can feed her.

Leave her a note explaining that you two need to talk about your relationship when you leave or something. Tell her not to call/text, and just to reflect on your last couple years together and that you'll do the same.

After a little while, come back to your crib and have that talk...Be honest about how you feel, and tell her the EXACT same stuff as you just told us. Tell her to be honest as well. You might be encouraging her behavior and you might not even know it. Truth is the keyword. And if you don't feel like she's being truthful, just end it right there.

After you guys finish talking (and this could very well turn into a multi-day ordeal, but better to have 18 days of arguing than 18 years of support) go from there. If you feel resolved, all is well that ends well. If not, tell her that she has to move out by X date. (Have this decided before you talk.)

If you say "Well, you gotta move out by next month" that next month will be turned into next season, next semester, next year, etc.

Don't worry about "letting her down easy" or any of that. Be honest. If she's feeling it by the end, oh well. That honesty will help her far more than any "It's me, not you" type BS that you can feed her.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Backbone - find it

You are a good dude for taking her in and all, but she's walking all over you.

It's time to put your foot down. She'll respect you for it. And it may save you guys relationship.

And I don't mean to demean her or anything. Just get some equilibrium in your relationship. It's wanting homeostasis badly.

this^ time to put the boot down op. it could make or break your relationship but if your tired of the bs and ready for a change i'd do it. thats just unnecessary stress, etc on you 

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Backbone - find it

You are a good dude for taking her in and all, but she's walking all over you.

It's time to put your foot down. She'll respect you for it. And it may save you guys relationship.

And I don't mean to demean her or anything. Just get some equilibrium in your relationship. It's wanting homeostasis badly.

this^ time to put the boot down op. it could make or break your relationship but if your tired of the bs and ready for a change i'd do it. thats just unnecessary stress, etc on you 

this happened to a coworker of mine like 2 days ago, she said everything was fine, then she came home and all his $!!@ was gone
laugh.gif
Apparently he's moving to Florida

this happened to a coworker of mine like 2 days ago, she said everything was fine, then she came home and all his $!!@ was gone
laugh.gif
Apparently he's moving to Florida

I told my ex after it just not working out "yo, this isn't working. when can you come get your stuff?"

I did it when neither of us were home, but I had the locks changed... she HATED my sneaker collection and had joked about Left Eyeing them and I wasn't having that, at all. I was there for the getting-of-her-things just to make sure there wasn't any funny business.

You gotta do it guerrilla style or it's just going to explode somehow, and the shrapnel gets lodged where you can't reach.

I told my ex after it just not working out "yo, this isn't working. when can you come get your stuff?"

I did it when neither of us were home, but I had the locks changed... she HATED my sneaker collection and had joked about Left Eyeing them and I wasn't having that, at all. I was there for the getting-of-her-things just to make sure there wasn't any funny business.

You gotta do it guerrilla style or it's just going to explode somehow, and the shrapnel gets lodged where you can't reach.

Back
Top Bottom