How Would You Feel If Your Son Wanted To Be A Cheerleader?

Would you approve of it?
Try to convince him not to do it?
Would you allow it?

Went to a HS basketball game last night and.....................
grin.gif
. Yea.You get the picture.

If you hate my threads, that is fine. No need to come in and let me know. Just ignore me if you hate me so much.
pimp.gif

"son, when you have her seated in your palm above your head, flip that thumb around to the front and put it to good use."

i wouldn't knock the boy for it. male cheerleaders get scholarships to college also if i'm not mistaken.

Hate if yall want but DC's threads are RANDOM as hell
laugh.gif

Personally, if my son wanted to be a cheerleader I'd throw a football right at his chest. It can only lead to teasing from other students and probablywon't be dating females either. My girl is a cheerleading coach and she has a guy on her team and it's just
smh.gif
, they look mad awkward when he's theonly dude out there without pom poms.

Now college cheerleading I could sort of understand cuz they be throwing chicks in the air like crazy and it would be better for the team if men were doing it.

I'd encourage him, i know some dude who's a male cheerleader, his body count is like 40+, dude is brolic and he getting scholarship money.
Look at the big picture.

It depends on the school. At some high schools cheerleading is fluff. At others it's an intense competition, have you seen the nationals? It's crazy.And they need guys for those routines. At the end of the day a good parent will encourage their child to excel at whatever they try. Assuming it's notdeadly or harmful or whatever, you get the idea.

DC, youre becoming my favorite NTer.

Id rather my son be gay than be a cheerleader.

Originally Posted by awwsome

I'd encourage him, i know some dude who's a male cheerleader, his body count is like 40+, dude is brolic and he getting scholarship money.
Look at the big picture.
LOL @ Big picture.

What exactly is the BIG picture we are speaking of exactly?

The scholarship money, I can understand. The other two things you named, I wouldn't think were COMMON amongst male cheeleaders.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I would rather my son steal things than be a %@#!.
laugh.gif
I don't agree with "that" lifestyle but youwould rather for you kid to be a potential criminal though. The hell kinda parent are you

I honestly wouldn't care. My child can do what the please. Just nothing that is morally wrong.

Originally Posted by Diego

I just had a son and I think the exact opposite. As long as my son doesn't go gay, I'm fine with whatever.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It depends on the school. At some high schools cheerleading is fluff. At others it's an intense competition, have you seen the nationals? It's crazy. And they need guys for those routines. At the end of the day a good parent will encourage their child to excel at whatever they try. Assuming it's not deadly or harmful or whatever, you get the idea.
qft

But if my son wanted to do it because he wanted to be a girl or something, I wouldn't approve, not because he would be homosexual, but because he wouldembarrass himself, and just cause more unwanted attention. I would suggest him to get into theatre
laugh.gif
.. and on the other side of the spectrum, if my sonwanted to be a male cheerlearder just to look up girls skirts, I would also not approve. But some male cheerleaders are definitely not sissy's... most arein excellent shape, and are needed for strength during performances/competitions.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
I don't agree with "that" lifestyle but you would rather for you kid to be a potential criminal though. The hell kinda parent are you

Eh, I was half kidding. But I would honestly really not want my son to be gay.

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It depends on the school. At some high schools cheerleading is fluff. At others it's an intense competition, have you seen the nationals? It's crazy. And they need guys for those routines. At the end of the day a good parent will encourage their child to excel at whatever they try. Assuming it's not deadly or harmful or whatever, you get the idea.
qft

But if my son wanted to do it because he wanted to be a girl or something, I wouldn't approve, not because he would be homosexual, but because he would embarrass himself, and just cause more unwanted attention. I would suggest him to get into theatre
laugh.gif
.. and on the other side of the spectrum, if my son wanted to be a male cheerlearder just to look up girls skirts, I would also not approve. But some male cheerleaders are definitely not sissy's... most are in excellent shape, and are needed for strength during performances/competitions.
See this is what I wonder. Back in the day, kids got teased for being SWEET. Does that still happen today since there are more of them? Do kidsstill get teased for being sweet? If not, then what would be the embarrassment?

To answer the question, HELL NO I wouldn't approve of it. I would do anything in my power to change his mind. Just for your reasons alone.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
I don't agree with "that" lifestyle but you would rather for you kid to be a potential criminal though. The hell kinda parent are you

Eh, I was half kidding. But I would honestly really not want my son to be gay.
NOBODY does.

That isn't to say nobody wouldn't just accept it.

But NOBODY here (man) WANTS their son to be gay

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by Diego

I just had a son and I think the exact opposite. As long as my son doesn't go gay, I'm fine with whatever.

This is my logic:
You know how theres some really feminine dudes with really feminine qualities and all types of hand movements and you would swear theyre not straight? Thenyoure surprised when you find out that they are straight? (Not saying that all male cheerleaders are feminine)

I would rather have a son who acts like a man but just so happens to enjoy the D behind closed doors, then to have someone prancing around like a little fruitall the time and enjoy women.

Maybe its just me.

Dirty, how do you feel man?

I would appreciate it if you tried to answer all of my questions. I value your opinion more than most.
pimp.gif

he better have a ball or something in his hand....ill be damned if my son grows up to be a cheerleader.

DC always has these riveting topics
laugh.gif

But having a son who wants to be a male cheerleader is kind of strange. I think most male cheerleaders are recruited, they probably are persuaded bythe incentives (scholarships, traveling..ect) and then decide off that. But if my son wanted to be a male cheerleader, I would be disappointedin myself, as his father. Not because he may be gay, that isn't anyones fault. But because cheerleading shouldn't be any males aspiration, gay orstraight.

Originally Posted by JDocs

I'd rather he was a cheerleader than fat.
laugh.gif
What if he was both. There are trillions of fat femalecheerleaders. WHat makes you think him being a male cheerleader would mean he wouldn't be fat.

I would rather for my child to be fat though. I would whip his behind into shape with no problems. Being a cheerleader, you can't whip that out of a littleboy.

Back
Top Bottom