How to network in a new city?

SWF? Does that stand for single white women? lol.
It just depends on the event. I think going to these type of events in groups is common, but I've seen people come alone and just mingle with others. The fact that there is usually free alcohol helps too.

It also depends on the show and gallery. Different shows draw different crowds. I honestly don't really pay attention to whether people come alone or not and if they do, they've started enough convos with other guest for me not to notice.

she needs to just get out and hit the clubs and bars. one or the other. but having you look for her is not going to cut it.

Originally Posted by Erincaprice

she needs to just get out and hit the clubs and bars. one or the other. but having you look for her is not going to cut it.
this
she should get to know the bartenders (male or female) and that opens up a nice little network. like another poster said everyone likes talking to attractive females

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Have you thought of going out with her and serving as her "training wheels?"

Last edited:
She has a cute face, she would be extremely attractive with long brown hair in a ponytail
embarassed.gif

I'd hold her hand.

And you cant force someone to just suddenly be social and outgoing. It's a process. Once it really hits her to the point where she's really stressin her social life, she'll go out and start networking. Belee dat. Best of luck to her. 22 and flyin solo in a new city. Me likey.

Originally Posted by ricky409

man... this is a wack question, no offense OP..

if she's pretty, she's going to get whatever she wants whenever she wants.
This.  She cute as hell.  Tell shorty she's overthinking it.  Problems like these don't exist for girls like her.
Tell her to sit by herself in any bar during happy hour and she'll be chatted up within minutes.

Sounds like her self esteem game is super low, no offense to your friend, but I wouldn't expect that from chicks who are likely to have been gassed up by thirsty dudes their whole lives.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Originally Posted by ricky409

man... this is a wack question, no offense OP..

if she's pretty, she's going to get whatever she wants whenever she wants.

This.  She cute as hell.  Tell shorty she's overthinking it.  Problems like these don't exist for girls like her.
Tell her to sit by herself in any bar during happy hour and she'll be chatted up within minutes.

Sounds like her self esteem game is super low, no offense to your friend, but I wouldn't expect that from chicks who are likely to have been gassed up by thirsty dudes their whole lives.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
She will fit in perfectly in Santa Monica.

How about meeting people at the beach? It's summer time and the beach is full of college aged people. The pier is always hapenning.

Will she be looking for work? Being a server would put her around college age girls/guys.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

Nah, she knows shes bad.. she just is different dude.. from every chick to be honest.  It truly just seems shes never been alone, like ever.. so this is truly a babystep.  Im trying to empathize, but it really is different for guys.. we have hoops, and the barberhop.. and I dont know, guess its more natural for men to roll solo to spots.  But were getting there, shes playing it cool, but I can shes just mad stressed and its killin me

I know a lot of girls who hate the thought of going somewhere or doing something alone, it can be something as simple as getting an ice cream cone and they want their friends around.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd like a girl who can do things by herself without being surrounded by an entourage. Let your friend know that makes her more accessible as well and not as intimidating to other people, including guys.

Back
Top Bottom