How the hell is the NBA a bad product?

it's impossible for teams to get better in the NBA unless you tank and get lucky

in the NHL playoffs you get upsets and awesome games; in the NBA you really get no upsets

I mean 8 seeds with below .500 records is a joke

The Miami Heat got better in the summer of 2010. They didn't tank or get lucky. They had a Front Office that had a plan and executed it.

Those things matter.

you can get better w/o tanking, but it doesn't always lead to a championship.

i wouldn't be surprised if a new champion is crowned this year either

16 teams in the playoffs that takes nearly two months, doesn't interest me until the conference finals take place.

Some of these matchups are such a wash.

If the NBA is a product, the better question is, What does this ticket that I spent my hard earned money on, get me? What makes it worth or NOT worth when it comes to my time and money? If my team sucks, will i still enjoy the experience of the game?A true fan of the game is interested regardless. A casual fan watches the playoffs as they heat up, which makes the league draw out the season for television/ advertising dollars. I personally think we'd get more quality games with a shorter season. The season is long, drawn out and can get downright boring.

a plan? :lol:

3 stars decided they wanted to play together in South Beach and took less money

Maybe you need to go back and read about how that came to be. That team had to be configured to get to a point that they could even accommodate those three guys. They literally had like 2 guys on the payroll.

That's called a plan.

regular means absolutely nothing
16 teams make the playoffs (not like hockey, where a hot goalie can carry a team)
baseball and football has the right amount of teams, the regular season (in baseball) may be long but the spots are so limited
football, every gm counts
about 5 really really horrible teams, that are better off contracted
aau ruined the fundamentals for a short time
of all the major sports, nba is the one people question conspiracy
officiating is probably the worst it's been

If NT was around mid 90's would be anti Bulls like its anti Heat here?

:lol: Doubt it

Do you actually live in Cleveland? Some guy at a bar in Manhattan was a Cleveland native and said that city could care less if they had an NBA team....that true?

Hell no that's not true. I don't know where FF is from or where he lives, but I live in the actual city of Cleveland. This city is becoming more and more of a basketball town since the Mark Price/Larry Nance days.

Our attendance stands puts us literally right dead center of the league: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance - and that's WITH a horrible team constructed right now, during the most dysfunctional times ever. So imagine the support it would gte from a semi-decent team. Because this current team is horrible.

And this city will also more than likely approve a tax extension to grant the Cavs and our other 2 sports teams more funding to help mantain the arenas structure. If this city didn't give a damn about the Cavs, this tax exstention wouldn't get approved.

So food for thought: Don't listen to someone speaking about a city that lives outside of the city they're referring to.

And the reason why the NBA sucks? Not enough talent to go around. And when you have players who dictate the direction of where a franchise is heading, that's when you know the league is in trouble. That should fall on the management, owner and fans expectancy. Not players. But the league is at a point in where the players are pretty much in charge of that, sublimanally though.

The Miami Heat got better in the summer of 2010. They didn't tank or get lucky. They had a Front Office that had a plan and executed it.

Those things matter.

Right!! That wasn't management, that was player collusion.

Like I said in my previous post, the players have too much freedom in the NBA. Look at the NFL for instance. Franchise tags and transitional tags are meant to help franchises retain their star players. The NBA doesn't have that. That's the problem the NBA has.

playoffs should just be 6 teams with the best two getting a bye because the rest of the playoffs are irrelevant

Man them baseball games 4 hours long B.

Another misconception that is not close to reality. A 2013 study showed baseball games on average, last 2 hours and 58 minutes. Yet, a similar study in 2013 showed NFL games on average , last 3 hours and 12 minutes.

bialik-time-of-game-1a.png

They're only getting slower.

Those things matter.

Like I said in my previous post, the players have too much freedom in the NBA. Look at the NFL for instance. Franchise tags and transitional tags are meant to help franchises retain their star players. The NBA doesn't have that. That's the problem the NBA has.

Why shouldn't players have the current freedom they have now, its their fault they end up on a franchise that does nothing to help them.

Too many teams. League is diluted. Schedule is too long. Last month of the regular season is ridiculously bad. I hate regular season basketball in late May/April. Teams tanking, other teams resting. It's pointless. The ability for players to create super teams. The first round of the playoffs being a 7 game series is draining. Add that onto some of the teams who actually make the playoffs and :x. The NBA has left a lot to be desired for years.

Last edited:
:rolleyes at people having a problem with free agency. Y'all can't be serious.

I'm not a fan of the touch fouls KD, Harden, Wade, etc. live off of and would prefer a more physical game sure, but I don't want to see players getting cheapshotted, clotheslined out of the air, and the like becoming the ordinary either. Leave that **** in the past. And naturally owners who invested 100mil+ into said player don't want to see that either.

Last edited:
Re
regular season too long as well
The season should be no longer than 45-50 games. I wish playoffs were NFL/NCAA format, things would be way more live. Why isn't there a Super Bowl of basketball? It always irked me for a championship series to go up to 7 games instead of one deciding game. Stakes would be so much higher.

Those things matter.

Why shouldn't players have the current freedom they have now, its their fault they end up on a franchise that does nothing to help them.

Than deal with it, b.

You're getting paid millions to go to work. I don't have the freedom to object my current employers reasons for moving me into a different location, so why should NBA employees have that chance?

Cut NBA players freedom away a bit. Franchise tags and transitional tags needed badly.

Franchise tags only help keep an NFL player for one year.

So I don't what the hell that does with anything.

The way the current NBA cba is written a franchise player is going stay to with the team he was drafted to much longer than a typical NFL player.

Back
Top Bottom