How the hell is the NBA a bad product?

Nah I think that statement is fair and it's exactly why I think the nba is transitioning to sleeved jerseys. Beautiful thing about sites switching their comment sections to Facebook is seeing the faces behind the comments. Older conservative generation is not feeling that super tatted up look.

Unfortunately, black + tatted up= thug assumption

I know people will say I'm reaching or w/e but I live life as a black man so I see **** first hand. It is not pleasing to the conservative eye.

In the nfl players are covered way more obviously so you don't see all that like the nba

A lot of nba players look tacky and it's tough to market to some demographics

Last edited:
Mike and mike just had a segment about how meaningless the NBA regular season is. I guess they are closet racists jealous of these black kids getting money :rolleyes

Average American thinks the NBA puts out a bad product for many solid reasons.

Yo what sport isn't this true for though?

Should we just skip the playoffs and hand out the chip at the end of the regular season? That's the only way the regular season won't be meaningless.

I feel like people that say that just aren't true fans of the sport. Those people shouldn't be judging whether the NBA is a good product or not. Their opinions are irrelevant.

the nba is great and its always been great , i literally dont know a life without the nba , i still remember my orlando magic bookbag from elementary school during the penny and shaq days , f all that nonsense....like dude mentioned above having the nba to watch most nights is great , nothing else to do a lot of times and it keeps me tranquil at home and out of trouble.......i love the nba and its like i tell people....ive been watching people like duncan do it for so long , kg and kobe DID it for so long ,  theyre legendary to me man.......ill tattoo the nba logo ( semi-srs ) ....

Last edited:
NBA is majority black players some people don't like it just off that

Basketball is the most entertaining game in the world IMO.

Baseball sucks like its horrible, but I'd let my kids play because they get PAID

I've played football my whole life but the pro game is boring as **** now

I'm not saying there isn't a racist element that comes into play for people an their perception of the league but I just can't get on board with the broad stereotypes, judgements and labels that are being thrown out there. I don't think it is nearly that simple. Definitely a variable though

Yeah there's like 3 MLB teams I'll watch, maybe :lol:

I wouldn't watch any :lol:

How can some of you guys sit there and watch a baseball game for 3+ hours? I'm not saying baseball is particularly a long game to watch, but the game is too slow sometimes and very boring to watch, especially when there's a pitchers duel going on.

Generally I see people watch baseball much more casually. You get up to get a drink, mate make a quick dinner and pop in the room to check the situation and score. Besides playoffs I don't know many that watch a game on TV start to finish

its true , once the rift of old cuban papis pass away in miami , aint nobody fina check for the marlins........except for a few people but if it werent for my cuban grandfathers out here in hialeah and lil havana , aint nobody checkin for the fish down here.......

Generally I see people watch baseball much more casually. You get up to get a drink, mate make a quick dinner and pop in the room to check the situation and score. Besides playoffs I don't know many that watch a game on TV start to finish

you got a point.
but playoff baseball>

Can't believe just how much people think racism is the driving force for people saying basketball puts out a bad product.

Those people who watched in the 90s and stopped caring now didn't wake up and hate black people

How can you really think its more about race than touch fouls, no flow, and crooked refs

What other sport do people care more about next off season than this season? That popped into my head today. On espntans talk radio it's more about Phil Jackson, where melo will go, will the heat stay intact, who will he lakers get etc.

Stern emphasized the star not the team. Well a lot of people stopped caring about their team and hop from player to player or stopped watching besides a few hardcore fans and maket

Espn spent more time talking about pine tar than the rockets blazers game. :lol:

Race is always a factor in everything but you are making excuses for the NbA if you think that's the main driving force to people being annoyed with the product

Can't believe just how much people think racism is the driving force for people saying basketball puts out a bad product.

Those people who watched in the 90s and stopped caring now didn't wake up and hate black people

How can you really think its more about race than touch fouls, no flow, and crooked refs

What other sport do people care more about next off season than this season? That popped into my head today. On espntans talk radio it's more about Phil Jackson, where melo will go, will the heat stay intact, who will he lakers get etc.

Stern emphasized the star not the team. Well a lot of people stopped caring about their team and hop from player to player or stopped watching besides a few hardcore fans and maket

Espn spent more time talking about pine tar than the rockets blazers game. :lol:

Race is always a factor in everything but you are making excuses for the NbA if you think that's the main driving force to people being annoyed with the product

If you don't think these things didn't happen in the 80s AND 90s you are crazy or young.

Also Stern emphasized stars in the 90's as well so I don't know why that was brought up.

ESPN will always talk about things that happen in New York above all else in every sport so once again I don't know what that has to do with the cost of tea in China.

Last edited:
Repped this and I'm finding another post of yours to rep.

so when they lose 4-1 we can look back on how awesome that meaningless win was :pimp:

:smokin

Mavs tied 1-1 going home too.

As of this very moment the 7+8 seeds are a combined 4-5 against the 1 and 2 seeds.

About to be 5-5 after Memphis gets this W tonight.

The lower seeds overall have a winning record right now.

Last edited:
NBA is a "bad product" because there is only like 10 teams worth watching. You can't tell me you would enjoy watching a Milwaukee Vs. Utah game. :x
NBA is a "bad product" because there is only like 10 teams worth watching. You can't tell me you would enjoy watching a Milwaukee Vs. Utah game. :x
Same with other leagues you wouldn't enjoy watching the bottom of the barrels teams either. I've never understood this logic. Me personally if you say Utah and Milwaukee I would tune in for Gordon Hayward, Trey Burke or Giannis Ant play but that's me.

I personally think the NBA in 10-20 years will surpass the NFL and MLB as the most profitable league in the US. The game is huge overseas, if Silver continues to tap into international fans the cash flow will be endless.

Not trying to call anybody out but I'm noticing that a vast majority of people who think the NBA is a bad product root for garbage teams

Same with other leagues you wouldn't enjoy watching the bottom of the barrels teams either. I've never understood this logic. Me personally if you say Utah and Milwaukee I would tune in for Gordon Hayward, Trey Burke or Giannis Ant play but that's me.

I personally think the NBA in 10-20 years will surpass the NFL and MLB as the most profitable league in the US. The game is huge overseas, if Silver continues to tap into international fans the cash flow will be endless.
I could watch bad NFL teams all day. Same for NCAA basketball and football. Just my opinion though

We are watching men that make tons of money play a sport which comes off different in real life. It's like the twilight zone. I watch basketball only because I was raised in the hood. There's nothing else on T.V. so I watch NBA follow the sport and etc. I don't believe they are born role models. What's the difference between working a job and playing in the NBA. I don't know. Neither do most people watching basketball.

The last layer, and the trickiest, and I'm sorry, I forgot to include it.

Is race.

A bunch of black males making a ton of money, that the majority of white america can not make. Add that up, and there is a lot of resentment towards that. Hence, "bad product"

Bull ****.

If the NBA was a bunch of white folk setting sceens and taking 17 footers and making all the money, it wouldn't be no better product, it would just be more pleasing to these racist white *******.

Again, layers. And that's the dicey one that no one wants to speak on.

From one week ago.

And now, an actual NBA OWNER has provided a perfect example.

Not allllllll old white folks are racist. Of course not.

But there IS a degree of racism in the NBA which is 90(?)% African-American. NFL-MLB have much more balanced numbers, and for that, the NBA holds a stigma as "urban". :rolleyes

Deny it all you want folks, but Sterling's disgusting attitude is not his alone. There are others like him.

The NBA is a great product, with a bright future. When these Biggots like Sterling die off over time, the new generation will be much more diverse and the sport will flourish even more than the past 30 years.

The people saying race isn't a big issue in what people think about the NBA aren't even black, you're not black you'll NEVER understand.

some of y'all need to read some youtube comments on nba fight videos if u don't think race is a factor.  yet actual fights and brawls are so readily accepted in nhl and mlb.

Back
Top Bottom