How much of Lil Wayne's success can be attributed to Dipset?

A lot of it, at one point Weezy looked like a Dipset extra, it was ridiculous
laugh.gif
He was immitating anyone from NY and a Dipset member. I don't know howanyone can even respect that, once he started moving that direction it was a wrap. He was riding with Dipset when they were in their prime and then they slowlyfaded away but then everyone gravitated towards Wayne

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Nobody thinks of Wayne when they think of Dipset, come on now.

lil-wayne-juelz-santana.jpg

lil wayne completely look like a dipset extra when da tru religons and wallet chains popped off in harlem...da hell u talkin bout?
laugh.gif
It doesn't matter. NOBODY THINKS OF DIPSET WHEN THEY THINK OF WAYNE.

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Originally Posted by DJ Husslin Keez

Wow, interesting comments. Based on the information given in this thread, I can only go with the theory that by working with Dipset or Juelz he was able to leave from up under the Cash Money umbrella, as far as working with other artist. But of course, IMO, Lil Wayne's transformation came from him having to look else where for production after Manny Fresh packed up his beats and pulled the songs that Lil Wayne was working on for the Carter 2. This forced him to have to re-create his self and his sound and he gravitated to other producers until he found his niche. Now this also gave him the confidence that he was not defined by the Cash Money sound and that he could make hits with any sound. That's why currently he is jumping into a lot of different types of music. In retrospect, he became victorious during the debalce of the Cash Money sound but with a few wrong moves this could have easily become Career Suicide.

Realist S I read in this thread

lil wayne completely look like a dipset extra when da tru religons and wallet chains popped off in harlem...da hell u talkin bout?
laugh.gif

We can tell who just started listening to Wayne in the Carter 3 era

the question is "wayne's SUCCESS" not wayne's style. what does wayne selling a million in one week have to do with dipset? dipset doesn'texist outside of the minds of stans. wayne rocked wallet chains, which dipset didn't originate. wayne is the reason juelz had any semblance of a careerafter "what the game's been missin'"

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

laugh.gif

Not even ... the Carter III sucked, and 80% of his work after that did too.

Aren't you the Wayne stan though?

Dipset IS/WAS bigger than G-Unit... but i don't wanna change this into a Dipset VS. G-Unit thread.

Without Dipset Wayne would defitnely be in the same exact position. But the Juelz & Wayne collab. songs did play a part in Wayne's buzz..

Also the "Suck It or Not" feature verse for Cam's song, boosted his buzz...

so yeah Dipset could be attributed to Wayne's buzz/success.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

the question is "wayne's SUCCESS" not wayne's style. what does wayne selling a million in one week have to do with dipset? dipset doesn't exist outside of the minds of stans. wayne rocked wallet chains, which dipset didn't originate. wayne is the reason juelz had any semblance of a career after "what the game's been missin'"

Ummm because Hollygrove Wayne wearing a white tee and a blue flag NEVER would have done those numbers, however Dipset/Florida Wayne rocking a red flag did.NOBODY is saying that dipset is solely responsible for who wayne is now, but they definitely played a part in it.

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

laugh.gif

Not even ... the Carter III sucked, and 80% of his work after that did too.

Aren't you the Wayne stan though?

That stan %+%* is beyond lame, that song came out 10 yrs ago, bury that %+%*. I'm nowhere near a Wayne "Stan", look in any Wayne thread in themusic section and see if I appear in ANY of them. I'm a fan of dude when he focused but.....that's where it stops.

Real, Recognize, Real
Originally Posted by retrowear23

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Originally Posted by DJ Husslin Keez

Wow, interesting comments. Based on the information given in this thread, I can only go with the theory that by working with Dipset or Juelz he was able to leave from up under the Cash Money umbrella, as far as working with other artist. But of course, IMO, Lil Wayne's transformation came from him having to look else where for production after Manny Fresh packed up his beats and pulled the songs that Lil Wayne was working on for the Carter 2. This forced him to have to re-create his self and his sound and he gravitated to other producers until he found his niche. Now this also gave him the confidence that he was not defined by the Cash Money sound and that he could make hits with any sound. That's why currently he is jumping into a lot of different types of music. In retrospect, he became victorious during the debalce of the Cash Money sound but with a few wrong moves this could have easily become Career Suicide.

Realist S I read in this thread

to say DipSet had no effect on Wayne's success is absurd. maybe not so much his success but they definitely influenced to his style.

I mean hell, how many Heatmakerz joints were on C2? His flow and style lyrically changed a lot between the Sqad Up tapes and C2 era Wayne. He slowed his flowdown a LOT.

[cam] We got lil weezy in da house... [/cam]

lil wayne was straight buddy lovin da dips for that NYC appeal....and in tern absorbed alot of they swag, any one from NY saw that a mile away.

People are so sensitive in here. Wayne doesnt owe Dipset nothing. But YES hanging around Dipset gained him sucess. Just like Lupe around Kanye gave him extrasuccess. Hanging with Lil Jon gave artists like E-40 and Too Short play in the South where they weren't getting paid. Like someone said this dude calledhimself Dipsouth

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If Dipset never existed...Lil Wayne would still be where he is right now

This is where its at nothing else should have been said in this post. ( Im not a wayne fan either)

" D.I.P we be them N_s bangin in the red/ don't drink cristal no mo just pour it on white B_s heads"
laugh.gif

[cam] We got lil weezy in da house... [/cam]

lil wayne was straight buddy lovin da dips for that NYC appeal....and in tern absorbed alot of they swag, any one from NY saw that a mile away.

NYC appeal?get out of here wit that

Back
Top Bottom