How much of Lil Wayne's success can be attributed to Dipset?

Not trying to take anything from Wayne at all, I know he grinded and worked hard to get to be the superstar he is now, but just like anybody in the industry,he had some help getting there, and I think Dipset was a big part of this.

Wayne had been SOMEWHAT of a star when the hot boys were popping, but he wasn't even the hottest _ in the group at the time (many people felt he was theweak link). He put out good cds with The Block is Hot and Lights Out, but he still wasn't looked at as being on the upper echelon in the industry. WhenJuvie, BG, and Turk left and Wayne put out that garbage *$+ 500 degreez, I thought he was finished. At this time, the Big Tymers were keeping Cash Moneyafloat.....Then Wayne dropped the Carter.While that CD was a near Classic, Wayne still wasn't given his due.

In between the Carter 1 and the Carter 2, Wayne started to *!+% with Dipset heavy. He used to rep that $*+! like he was down from day 1. Byrd Call, Suck it ornot(one of Wayne's "defining" verses), The countless songs with Juelz when that _ was sizzling hot/I can't feel my face,etc..Its like theyopened Wayne up to stepping out from being strictly Cash Money to working with other people in the industry. They took him from being a Southern Artist to justan Artist, gave that _ a harlem swag to go along with his southern style and philly flow
laugh.gif

I know I left out other parts and aspects leading to his success, but I was just focused on my argument, which is that Dipset helped take Wayne to the nextlevel...

Ummm you still didn't list anyway the Set h changed him, you just said basically what everyone knows already which is he effed with the Set and usedthey're slang. Its said Gillie had more of an influence on his style than anyone, put him on some classic hip hop **** and Wayne changed.

What you mean they took him from being a Southern Artist? You sh**ted on the south on the low lol

Some.

He rode their wave when it was a wave. But like you said, he worked really hard to get where he is right now. I think it was more of a coincidence than youimplied though.

yea dipset aint really blow wayne up... his mixtapes did... workin wit juelz helped him a lil bit i guess...

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Ummm you still didn't list anyway the Set h changed him, you just said basically what everyone knows already which is he effed with the Set and used they're slang. Its said Gillie had more of an influence on his style than anyone, put him on some classic hip hop **** and Wayne changed.

What you mean they took him from being a Southern Artist? You sh**ted on the south on the low lol

I ain't mean nothing towards the south, but you know its artists thats from the south and there are southern artists.

Artists from the South- Lil Wayne, TI, Jeezy, Outkast
Southern Artists- OJ the Juiceman, Yo Gotti, Young Buck, 8 ball and MJG, etc...

Every region can be broke down this way, Wayne messing with Dipset helped him grow into being bigger than just a regional talent.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If Dipset never existed...Lil Wayne would still be where he is right now

Seriously. Most people dont think about Wayne at all when you say Dipset or Juelz. That's definitely not the case homey. The Carter and his Dedicationmixtape did it.

Gillie+Dip Set+Jay (sprinkle in some Curren$y)=Lil Wayne

For those saying the mixtapes made him pop, true but ppl weren't into those Squad tapes as much as the Dedication tapes (although the quality was there).Between Gillie,Dip Set & studying Jay that's when his style changed & ppl started paying attention to him.

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Ummm you still didn't list anyway the Set h changed him, you just said basically what everyone knows already which is he effed with the Set and used they're slang. Its said Gillie had more of an influence on his style than anyone, put him on some classic hip hop **** and Wayne changed.

I ain't mean nothing towards the south, but you know its artists thats from the south and there are southern artists.

Artists from the South- Lil Wayne, TI, Jeezy, Outkast
Southern Artists- OJ the Juiceman, Yo Gotti, Young Buck, 8 ball and MJG, etc...

Every region can be broke down this way, Wayne messing with Dipset helped him grow into being bigger than just a regional talent.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I see, didn't mean to attack dude, I see what you're saying.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Gillie+Dip Set+Jay (sprinkle in some Curren$y)=Lil Wayne

For those saying the mixtapes made him pop, true but ppl weren't into those Squad tapes as much as the Dedication tapes (although the quality was there). Between Gillie,Dip Set & studying Jay that's when his style changed & ppl started paying attention to him.

down here n_ used to go HAM for them Squad tapes, I remember more than half the dudes at my middle school looked like a Squad member

Dipset aint influence him til D2, Drought 3 and a lil before that... Dedication 1 is what started his success

If anything Wayne gave Juelz a lil buzz while he wasnt doin +%%%

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Dipset aint influence him til D2, Drought 3 and a lil before that... Dedication 1 is what started his success

If anything Wayne gave Juelz a lil buzz while he wasnt doin +%%%
wasnt doing %%#%? WTGBM sold 790,000 and Carter 2 sold just over a Million. They fed off each others buzz

That couldn't be farther(or further, I forgot which one is correct in this context) from the truth, their style influenced Wayne a great deal, he wouldstill be wearing Girbauds and reeboks if it weren't for them

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

That couldn't be farther(or further, I forgot which one is correct in this context) from the truth, their style influenced Wayne a great deal, he would still be wearing Girbauds and reeboks if it weren't for them
laugh.gif
Ya'll _'s delusional. Back during that time frameWayne was on his Bape %@*% heavy...you telling me he got that from Dipset?

NTers love to ignore context in time..let's just put it like this..when this video dropped Jr-writer had a bigger buzz then lil wayne in NYC

Back
Top Bottom