How Much Do You Tip The Pizza Delivery Person?

no less than $5, but when i order there's a fight on and I got mad heads over so it's a 30-40 dollar order.

if I can afford the luxury, I can afford the tip.

no less than $5, but when i order there's a fight on and I got mad heads over so it's a 30-40 dollar order.

if I can afford the luxury, I can afford the tip.

No more than $2. I just don't feel right tipping people more because it raises the costs of my meal.

No more than $2. I just don't feel right tipping people more because it raises the costs of my meal.

My question is this

How comes every time you order pizza, when you sit back down after paying, how comes someones always gotta ask you how much you tipped them? Why do people care so much?

My question is this

How comes every time you order pizza, when you sit back down after paying, how comes someones always gotta ask you how much you tipped them? Why do people care so much?

dominos or pizza places i give $2 tip.... dominos delivery charge has nothing to do with tip for the person that mentioned about this... most places charge for delivery now

dominos or pizza places i give $2 tip.... dominos delivery charge has nothing to do with tip for the person that mentioned about this... most places charge for delivery now

if you can't afford, or are too cheap to tip the delivery guy, pick up your food and let the dude deliver to someone who's actually paying him for the service he's providing.  Bought a pizza last night, came to 15 bucks, gave him a 20.

if you can't afford, or are too cheap to tip the delivery guy, pick up your food and let the dude deliver to someone who's actually paying him for the service he's providing.  Bought a pizza last night, came to 15 bucks, gave him a 20.

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

Damn that. Some people just don't feel like for delivering a *#$&ing pizza you deserve tons of extra for doing what is already in your job description. Do pizza boys get less than minimum wage? No, they get a "fair" wage, so why do we STILL have to tip them? I generally gave them the amount that would be inconvenient for me to keep, so if my pizza is 15.01 and I'm paying with cash, you're lucky because I probably just give you a $20. But if my *+!! is $18.88, you're bout to be upset because you're still getting a 20.
I know pizza dudes for Papa John;s who make on average $15-19 an hr because they get 38 cents a mile mileage reimbursement, plus $1 per delivery, + their own tips. That's comes up to about 33k-40k per yr. How much do policemen make where I live? ~<26k, teachers under 30, accountants under 30, and these are jobs that involve an actual skill and education.

Funny thing is, they start looking at you crazy if you don't tip them when you pick it up now. They tried to put me on blast last time, since they added the "Tip _____" line to the receipt and I just signed it and handed it back to them and tried to be all loud, "You notice there's a tip block on there,?" I said, "yea I saw it," and diddy bopped out with my pizza.

I'm going on vacation end of the month. I am going to go out of my way to use the least amoutn of "services" possible so I can avoid the whole "you're not tipping me?" look. Like, don't try to grab my bags out of my hands, don't hold the door open, (as if any of those things are worth more than a thanx anyways), don't recommend me any restaurants, nothing! I'm just going to where I shirt that says, "Nah, I'm good," and "I got it!" on the back. *+!! is sickening. You see people tipping the dude at the airport who throws your bags on the belt after you get your ticket from the desk, the shuttle bus driver, these are already $15+ jobs people!

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

Damn that. Some people just don't feel like for delivering a *#$&ing pizza you deserve tons of extra for doing what is already in your job description. Do pizza boys get less than minimum wage? No, they get a "fair" wage, so why do we STILL have to tip them? I generally gave them the amount that would be inconvenient for me to keep, so if my pizza is 15.01 and I'm paying with cash, you're lucky because I probably just give you a $20. But if my *+!! is $18.88, you're bout to be upset because you're still getting a 20.
I know pizza dudes for Papa John;s who make on average $15-19 an hr because they get 38 cents a mile mileage reimbursement, plus $1 per delivery, + their own tips. That's comes up to about 33k-40k per yr. How much do policemen make where I live? ~<26k, teachers under 30, accountants under 30, and these are jobs that involve an actual skill and education.

Funny thing is, they start looking at you crazy if you don't tip them when you pick it up now. They tried to put me on blast last time, since they added the "Tip _____" line to the receipt and I just signed it and handed it back to them and tried to be all loud, "You notice there's a tip block on there,?" I said, "yea I saw it," and diddy bopped out with my pizza.

I'm going on vacation end of the month. I am going to go out of my way to use the least amoutn of "services" possible so I can avoid the whole "you're not tipping me?" look. Like, don't try to grab my bags out of my hands, don't hold the door open, (as if any of those things are worth more than a thanx anyways), don't recommend me any restaurants, nothing! I'm just going to where I shirt that says, "Nah, I'm good," and "I got it!" on the back. *+!! is sickening. You see people tipping the dude at the airport who throws your bags on the belt after you get your ticket from the desk, the shuttle bus driver, these are already $15+ jobs people!

Back
Top Bottom