How Much Are you Getting Back?

394 dollars from Federal
pimp.gif
eyes.gif

I have to pay 68$ to the state
smh.gif
frown.gif

this will be my first time filing a tax return and ill be using turbotax online and here is my situation. I attended school last Spring 2008 semester but notFall 08 semester due to financial aid problems. can i still put on the website that i attended college or no??? Also, I'm 20 years old and i made about$9600 part time. last year my dad filled my taxes and i got a refund about $350 and had to owe state back of $120!?!?! Am i going to get the same amount andalso is turbotax perfect for my situation??? thanks

still waiting for my tuition payment documentation so i havent filed i want to asap..im expecting 2-2400 give or take...filing 0 FTL

I'm gettin like 720. I did them myself for the first time and i used taxact.com. The process wasn't hard, but they ask you mad questions.
My homegirl actually does taxes and she informed me that i could file for three years back
eek.gif
I need to locate my w2's from 07 ASAP.

i'll find out this saturday.

i hope it's enough to pay off my flight+hotel trip to chicago at least.

Haven't filed yet, but last year I got a little over 5k betwen state and federal, I'm expecting the same this year.

Some tax strategy that I want to point out to my Cali folks who are getting IOUs

If you are getting a refund for CA, instead of receiving the IOU, allocate your refund as an estimate to 2009. Then request a DE-4 form from your employer andmax your exemptions (CA ONLY). Here's a copy of the DE-4.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de4.pdf

That's what I am telling my clients because if Cali doesn't give us refunds, then why should we continue having our checks withheld for CA taxes?

Obviously, this varies based on your income, filing status, deductions, etc. Consult a tax professional for 2009 tax projections.

DMan14 "so, if i havent gotten a 1099 that i did some contract work for should i be worried. was jan31 the deadline for them to send or is feb15?" (Using my computer at work-- won't let me quote properly)

See, that's what I thought-- my girl got her W-2 already from her previous employer and she thought she was good-- but then she called her them just to besure and they said they'll be sending her 1099 out THIS week. Edit: after doing some research, 1099s were supposed to be sent out by January 31 unless youremployer filed for an extension. If they send it out late, they get fined-- but that still doesn't change your situation because it is still yourresponsibilty to file it. You should call your employer to make sure before you file just to be safe.

I MADE 24,567...AND ONLY GETING 545 FROM FEDURAL *!%
frown.gif
AND 54 FROM STATE WHY IS THAT? I PAIED RENT WENT TO SCHOOL PAIED 600 ON MEDICAL BILLS:frown: ANY IDEAS?

Ill be gettin a thousand five hundred and some change back...owe the state about 400 though. First year filing...not to bad in my book, next year I'llclaim the daughter.

i made 72,000 this year and got back 7500 between fed and state, my fiance got back 1000 so basically 8500 total. i own a house with my fiance but since i makedouble what she does we do all house deductions in my name to maximize the refund.

$1,800 Federal
$100 State

It said I qualified for a rebate UP TO $600 so I'm hopin' I top out at that.

Originally Posted by dunkairs

i made 72,000 this year and got back 7500 between fed and state, my wife got back 1000 so basically 8500 total. i own a house with my fiance but since i make double what she does we do all house deductions in my name to maximize the refund.

Damn you have a wife and fiancee?

Originally Posted by ChipsetJed

Originally Posted by dunkairs

i made 72,000 this year and got back 7500 between fed and state, my wife got back 1000 so basically 8500 total. i own a house with my fiance but since i make double what she does we do all house deductions in my name to maximize the refund.

Damn you have a wife and fiancee?
laugh.gif
I just caught on to that 2
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom