How much $$$ are niche blogs making? hypebeast, mashkulture, nicekicks, sneaker obsession?

Yeah, you need TONS of traffic just to make a little off ads. I think it's best to have your own products/services imo, of course that takes a lot of work.

Damn, when i save up some funds i'm definitely gunna get an adult film site and a personal life style blog.

I am good friends with Eugene Kan who is second rung editor at HypeBeast... if they rackin' they ain't sharing

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nyckone

another thing in regards to blogs and ads, is that blogs like nicekicks, us (slamxhype), highsnobiety and a few others get ads through the complex media network, while hypebeast, selectism and others go through hypecircle. chances are you do not have the connections with advertisers, so you have to go through a media network to help you out. the better idea would be to get your own network of sites going like highsnobiety. the more views you are getting, the better you will do when it comes to generating money from ads. hypebeast also generates a lot of money for their featured stories that sit atop of the site for a week. that goes directly to hypebeast with no middle man like complex media involved. you figure they have 4 different top stories a month, so it is safe to say that site is doing pretty damn well just on that alone.

Very informative.......I knew about the complex network...not hypecircle(seems better than complex)...anyone know of any other type of networks?

Iono if this is on topic, but I've always wondered how the tech blogs get to the point where they are sent test units for phones, laptops, etc.
I bet the people @ engadget and gizmodo get a crapload of stuff for the free and before anyone else gets it...

I WANT IN!

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

Iono if this is on topic, but I've always wondered how the tech blogs get to the point where they are sent test units for phones, laptops, etc.
I bet the people @ engadget and gizmodo get a crapload of stuff for the free and before anyone else gets it...

I WANT IN!
Same way artists get free gear... matter of fact, same way anyone gets free stuff. Your cosign or potential cosign is enough payment. So itcomes down to building your brand.

[h4]santi-itnas.blogspot.com Estimated Worth $1182.6 USD[/h4]
laugh.gif
How do Iget paid? hahah

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

[h4]santi-itnas.blogspot.com Estimated Worth $1182.6 USD[/h4]
laugh.gif
How do I get paid? hahah
Your traffic is probably pretty low...but look into Google Adsense and you could easily put their code into your sidebar/posts. There is otherppc, pay per click programs you could use. It takes 5 minutes, you'll be lucky to make $5 a month(i'm guessing, I have no idea of your traffic) as wellthere are others or some affiliate marketing(takes a bit more topic focused posts)

Its all worth looking into if your going to continue to blog...wont' make you rich...but who wouldn't use an extra $100 to $25 every once a while?

I "monetized" my blog, just to see how things work out. I don't really understand how it works though.

I wasn't aware that HB and Selectism used Hypecircle; but Hype Circle doesn't seem like a traditioanl adnetwork; how does it work?

I know hypebeast and nicekicks are doing well as they have a large staff on each.

AFAIK, Hypebeast only really has to support about three full time staff members. I'm pretty sure listed (and unlisted) contributors get paid by the postand while the photographers are staff, not like they're paid full time. Hypebeast doesn't even have their own offices anymore
laugh.gif
. That's not to say they're not doing well, but the staff isn't aslarge as one would think.

Blogging isn't an easy thing to do and people think they can do it; but it's a lot of hard work - if I could be a Hypebeast contributer and make afixed amount per post, I'd jump at the chance but I don't think I could do it. Everyone thinks "if you write it, they will come" butthat's not it. That's why there's so much self promo, tweeting, etc., There's obviously other ways to make money blogging; you could be a paidblogger on staff, like Gawker. Or, you could be like Marcus Troy and blog your *+* off - he gets a lot of free swag, but I don't know how that dude makesmoney - I assume it's through consulting or *something* but he's definitely not using the traditional AdSense revenue model.

If you want to start a blog do your research and don't just start blogging. It's hard to even blog casually -
laugh.gif
@ how many posts I've read that say "i haven't posted in awhile." It's a lot of work. If you really wanna do well, work you're gonna have to know your "target market" and everything like that.SEO and networking gets to be very imporatant.It's not just about AdSense, but you can "target" clicks and build sites that encourage clicks onads (I dunno how it's done...). Look up Google Analytics, Quantcast and other stuff like that

I can't even see any ads on my blog. the hell? Does it take time for them to start showing up? $!$+% pissing me off. lol

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I'm in the process of creating a website right now (25 stacks). It will basically be a blog about finance with an emphasis on trading. I'm a finance major who day trades and I feel like there are a lot of people who either provide macro commentary on the overall market (like www.zerohedge.com)or very small, incomplete niche that's extremely gimmicky (www.timothysykes.com). Zero Hedge has adsense and they have about 500,000 unique visits a month. I don't know how much that adds to their bank account but they're not really in it for the money. Timothy Sykes makes a lot of money. I've heard of him making as much as 400,000 a month. He provides very different types of services (trading DVD's, a service that provides stock picks for a monthly fee, other educational stuff, etc.).

I'm hoping to run a blog that focuses on intraday trading. After I get up a following, I'll begin to monetize it by providing analytics and research as well as other tools to help traders. I'm basically going to try to provide the same research I gather for my own trading. I'm not really in it for the money but I'd like to supplement my income if possible. I want to avoid making it seem like I'm money hungry though so for the first couple of months, everything will be free.

You have a lot of competition, but good luck with that. In regards to ZeroHedge, I think there was an article in the Post or Times that said they were pullingin around 25k/month. I have a hard time seeing Sykes make 400k/month. That's more money than he's been able to raise for his joke of a hedge fund.

Back
Top Bottom