How hard is it to raise a GPA in college?

Long story short I %%@**% up. Big time. Its not that I didn't do my work its just that I was dumb with the decisions I made. How hard is it to raise my gpafrom say a 2 to possible a B-B+ in one semester? or am I talking impossible here?

impossible. look up how to calculate your GPA. unless you have only taken a few credits, even a 4.0 semester will barely move that up.

impossible, .. dude I had a 3.4 +!* gpa for the last year and I still haven't cracked 3.0 as yet btw my gpa when from ~2.8 to a 2.91 in that span

If it was your first smester and you have a 2.0 then you need to get a 4.0 to have a B average if you're taking the same units. If you take more units thenyou won't have to get a 4.0, but you'd have to still get above like a 3.75.

if you're taking the same amount of credits, you'll need a 4.0 to get to a 3.0...

good luck...

it's much easier to retake the classes you messed up on (at least a couple of them anyway) and replace the grade, but you have to decide if it's worththe money and time.

It's hard but not impossible. I'm currently at a 2.5 after +$*!@+ my freshman year. Just this yr I did good enough to pull mine up. If I get a 3.5 thisterm I can graduate w/ a 3.0 overall which got me hyped

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

Long story short I $*!%%@ up. Big time. Its not that I didn't do my work its just that I was dumb with the decisions I made. How hard is it to raise my gpa from say a 2 to possible a B-B+ in one semester? or am I talking impossible here?

im in the same boat. although to be fair im electrical engineering
grin.gif

retake classes is the best way. forget about doing it in one semester tho.

Honestly it doesn't even matter.

Degrees don't mean much nowadays. So go head and continue to get wavy.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I hope your right

but mostlikely wrong
laugh.gif

Retake the classes you did poorly in. Your GPA will rise higher than taking new classes.

It all depends on how many credits you've earned and what your current GPA is right now. But what some people said earlier about taking those classesyou've gotten an F in again is true.

First take those classes again and then go to the registrar office and fill out a "grade replacement" form. Every school is different in terms of howmany grades you can replace. In most reputable schools the limit is 3. Some have 5, some have an unlimited amount.

After you've replaced your grades, your GPA should rise, but the F that you had earlier will always be on your transcript. It's kind of deal that youwork out with the system. It sucks, but at least you'll have a slightly higher GPA.

PM me if you really want some help. I used to hang out in the registrar office in my school, so I know the whole deal.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

Long story short I $*!%%@ up. Big time. Its not that I didn't do my work its just that I was dumb with the decisions I made. How hard is it to raise my gpa from say a 2 to possible a B-B+ in one semester? or am I talking impossible here?

im in the same boat. although to be fair im electrical engineering
grin.gif

retake classes is the best way. forget about doing it in one semester tho.

haha same here. mine went up .1 points from last year though, now I have a 2.6
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

if you screwed up your freshman year of college, that's easily fixed by re-taking classes and/or making it up the next 3 years. if you screwed up yourfreshman, sophomore and junior years, commit that.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

grin.gif

bachelor's degrees don't mean much, but the GPA you leave with that diploma does.

In some schools if you retake the classes you got a D or a F in It'll take out the D/F and put in the new A(hopefully). That will help your GPA alot.

same here my GPA is rock bottom b. so if I retake the classes I had problems with the old grades just cancel out?

^ my university only replaces D's and F's. i think B's and C's are averaged out.

and even though your university may cancel out your D's and F's, some professional schools look at the average between the old and new grades.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

^ my university only replaces D's and F's. i think B's and C's are averaged out.

and even though your university may cancel out your D's and F's, some professional schools look at the average between the old and new grades.
It's crazy how your school at least lets people take over classes they'd passed already.

Back
Top Bottom