How hard has recession hit you?

Cancelled my cell contract. (Rocking with a prepaid, with bad service
ohwell.gif
)

My entire tax refund went to fix my still crappy car. (Still has a bad ******, broken seat, the roof felt is falling off)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Drove around with no Insurance/Inspection/Registration from December-last week.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My iPod Touch broke. Couldnt afford new one, or to fix it. So I have it held together with tape and stuff.

To save I just buy plain hanes tees & hoodies from Target. And I haven't bought a really good pair of jeans since November. I been rocking with regLevis'/ H&M/Old Navy straight fits. They're really good, but it's not the quality I was used to.

Used to buy alot of inexpensive little stuff like comic books, dvd's, magazines, books all the time. Magazines, I skim through them and put em back on theshelf. Comic books, I just buy the ones that I know I'll re-read (I used to get like 12 a week, now like 2-3).

I only get kicks on footlocker employee appreciation...barely. Been a minute since I walked by something I really liked and just got it with no hesitation.Even with the 50% I gotta be like "Am I gonna be good if I get these?"
tired.gif

Sold all my good kicks (OG Foams, Columbia XI's, etc..) to help my mother with her bills.

It seems everytime I have enough bread for something for me...something comes up. And I gotta cough up the $$$for a bill.

Barely go to the movies on the regular, We just go to the good movies... I watch movies online and stuff. I hate it too cause I used to take my girl to anydamn movie, no matter how stupid it was. It's fine but like I like putting on clothes and gettin out the house...

A buncha other stuff I probably been repressing. I'm not living like a peasant, but things aint as good as say...2 years ago for me. Awww man I feel socrappy typing all this...
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Oh yea...I had to cut off our IO Internet service cause it was at like 50 a month. Got a WiFi USB adapter and a Bluetooth dongle to tether from all the celliesin the house for the desktop and been using those to get internet.

The speed is fast and all that (Belkin N)...but I had to go through alot to set all that crap up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have to move back in with my Pops come June.

Luckily he's a cool dude and is letting me stay rent free till I get back on the come up.

Nothing beats free rent + HD satellite with the super package of channels.

I haven't been hit at all by the recession, thank God. I work in the health-care field, and my career is in high demand. Having graduated just a year ago Ifinally have money in my pocket, and it feels pretty good. My wife and I try to donate time and money to several causes (Smile Trail, World Wildlife Fund,Salvation Army, etc.) as much as we can, because what good is prosperity if you don't share it. Several of my family members have recently lost their jobs,and since I have been fortunate with my finances I try to help as much as I can. I feel for those who are struggling now, as I have struggled for the past 6years in school with no money at all to speak of! I am counting my blessing more and more each day!

Back
Top Bottom