How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Let this season (and the few seasons after) play out before saying the Warriors are still a bad team and Monta is just a great scorer on a bad team. The last few seasons have been a joke because of the owner/coach, but things have changed this year with new ownership/coach (and philosophy changes) and there's new hope that the Warriors may be able to do something again. He was never the focal point in the We Believe years, and the years after were disastrous (until now).
I agree with everything you said Acid.

I will wait until the season. I was moreso speaking on the past, he was speaking on this season (citing 18 wins). I will let the season play out, but if I were a betting man, I would bet that they won't make the playoffs.

I am willing to bet anyone on that as well.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by daprescription

I wouldn't resign Bwright because he's shown all of 22 season minutes of promise. Look at AR.

You don't think Wright's played good in the minutes he's had?  You know it's not going to take much to re-sign him, why wouldn't you do it?  Also, Randolph sucked.  I have always had Wright over Randolph despite everyone's love for him.  Everyone likes Udoh, but don't forget, Wright is still younger than him.

Nope. Only if no other SF free agent couldnt be had. Pardon the analogy but its like Alex Smith. I feel once that guy leaves the 9ers he won't be nearly as bad. Similar to BWright. He'll be better off somewhere else.
I agree, if the team wants him at SF, then he should leave.  I think they got over that idea and have been using him more (limited time I know) at the 4 now.  Hopefully his body stays together and he can change some minds in the remaining months.

I wouldn't resign Bwright because he's shown all of 22 season minutes of promise. Look at AR.

You don't think Wright's played good in the minutes he's had?  You know it's not going to take much to re-sign him, why wouldn't you do it?  Also, Randolph sucked.  I have always had Wright over Randolph despite everyone's love for him.  Everyone likes Udoh, but don't forget, Wright is still younger than him.

Nope. Only if no other SF free agent couldnt be had. Pardon the analogy but its like Alex Smith. I feel once that guy leaves the 9ers he won't be nearly as bad. Similar to BWright. He'll be better off somewhere else.
I agree, if the team wants him at SF, then he should leave.  I think they got over that idea and have been using him more (limited time I know) at the 4 now.  Hopefully his body stays together and he can change some minds in the remaining months.

I didn't mean to attack your character. It's not like being a contrarian makes you a bad person or anything.
DCAllAmerican wrote:
 The Warriors are a LOSING franchise. There is no denying that. I know it might be hard for you to type those words out but you know deep in your heart that the Warriors franchise is a joke with great fan support.

Bruh, I've been a Warrior fan since Bush Sr. was in office. You don't have to tell me we're a losing franchise. 
DCAllAmerican wrote:
LOL @ Dummy. I appreciate you being able to have a mature discussion without calling names. Not sure how any number of wins means somewhere but maybe my definition of somewhere is different than yours.

I called you a dummy because you can't grasp the definition of somewhere. Now I see you have your own definition, that's cool and all but I'm not interested in your definition. 
somewhere: in, to, or at some place not known or specified

In the context of our discussion said place is a scale of 0-82 wins.  Despite what you might think, 18 wins is somewhere when the alternative, nowhere, is 0 wins. 

DCAllAmerican wrote:
Monta has not CARRIED them anywhere

Correction, "Monta hasn't CARRIED them far." You're not understanding this crucial concept.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
So I am not even sure why we are discussing Manu vs Monta (original topic) because one EASILY does more than the other and it isn't even close. Monta is a great scorer though and very fun to watch but those two players shouldn't be compared.

We were discussing Manu vs Monta because you had asked if Monta was a better player than Manu. 

I didn't mean to attack your character. It's not like being a contrarian makes you a bad person or anything.
DCAllAmerican wrote:
 The Warriors are a LOSING franchise. There is no denying that. I know it might be hard for you to type those words out but you know deep in your heart that the Warriors franchise is a joke with great fan support.

Bruh, I've been a Warrior fan since Bush Sr. was in office. You don't have to tell me we're a losing franchise. 
DCAllAmerican wrote:
LOL @ Dummy. I appreciate you being able to have a mature discussion without calling names. Not sure how any number of wins means somewhere but maybe my definition of somewhere is different than yours.

I called you a dummy because you can't grasp the definition of somewhere. Now I see you have your own definition, that's cool and all but I'm not interested in your definition. 
somewhere: in, to, or at some place not known or specified

In the context of our discussion said place is a scale of 0-82 wins.  Despite what you might think, 18 wins is somewhere when the alternative, nowhere, is 0 wins. 

DCAllAmerican wrote:
Monta has not CARRIED them anywhere

Correction, "Monta hasn't CARRIED them far." You're not understanding this crucial concept.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
So I am not even sure why we are discussing Manu vs Monta (original topic) because one EASILY does more than the other and it isn't even close. Monta is a great scorer though and very fun to watch but those two players shouldn't be compared.

We were discussing Manu vs Monta because you had asked if Monta was a better player than Manu. 

I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand... Monta is on a bad team. Is he supposed to do everything himself? Kobe had Caron Butler and Lamar Odom and couldn't get to the playoffs. I am not comparing the players, I'm just saying.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand... Monta is on a bad team. Is he supposed to do everything himself? Kobe had Caron Butler and Lamar Odom and couldn't get to the playoffs. I am not comparing the players, I'm just saying.

I understand. He isn't SUPPOSED to win with that team. I never faulted him for it. I have just said that he hasn't carried them anywhere. That is all. I could see if I faulted Monta but never did I do that.

I understand. He isn't SUPPOSED to win with that team. I never faulted him for it. I have just said that he hasn't carried them anywhere. That is all. I could see if I faulted Monta but never did I do that.

It's an all-star game, not a who's on a better team game. Nobody caries anybody anywhere without help. Kobe couldn't make the playoffs. Gasol couldn't get out of the 1st round until he got to the Lakers and he had a pretty good team. How can you fault someone for something he can't control?

It's an all-star game, not a who's on a better team game. Nobody caries anybody anywhere without help. Kobe couldn't make the playoffs. Gasol couldn't get out of the 1st round until he got to the Lakers and he had a pretty good team. How can you fault someone for something he can't control?

I think you're just so used to thinking about it in terms of a player carrying his team to the playoffs (Lebron), or to a Finals appearance (Iverson) that the idea that a bad team can be carried by a player to a less significant destination is foreign to you.

I think you're just so used to thinking about it in terms of a player carrying his team to the playoffs (Lebron), or to a Finals appearance (Iverson) that the idea that a bad team can be carried by a player to a less significant destination is foreign to you.

I didn't know we were speaking about All Star games. No, people don't win rings without help. People can carry teams without help. Meaning just making the playoffs. Again, who FAULTED Monta for anything? Not sure if you read anything I said.

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

But as I said before, to carry means the team has had to go somewhere. If the team is bad the team is not being carried. Someone can be the best player on a bad team but that doesn't make them a carrier if the team isn't going anywhere.

I didn't know we were speaking about All Star games. No, people don't win rings without help. People can carry teams without help. Meaning just making the playoffs. Again, who FAULTED Monta for anything? Not sure if you read anything I said.

But as I said before, to carry means the team has had to go somewhere. If the team is bad the team is not being carried. Someone can be the best player on a bad team but that doesn't make them a carrier if the team isn't going anywhere.

DC, i advise you to go back to general cause you are not gonna win this battle with the warrior fans
laugh.gif

ive been there done that
laugh.gif

DC, i advise you to go back to general cause you are not gonna win this battle with the warrior fans
laugh.gif

ive been there done that
laugh.gif

It's not even serious to me. I didn't read through every post, just the quotes above. Trust, you don't want to be where westcoast was, nobody wants to look/sound foolish
tongue.gif

It's not even serious to me. I didn't read through every post, just the quotes above. Trust, you don't want to be where westcoast was, nobody wants to look/sound foolish
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

At this point we'll just have to agree to disagree. We obviously don't share the same definition of 'somewhere' or what it means to carry a team. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

At this point we'll just have to agree to disagree. We obviously don't share the same definition of 'somewhere' or what it means to carry a team. 

tongue.gif
wink.gif

ahh paul, acid, dland, lazy and especially you DP. those were the days my friend
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

tongue.gif
wink.gif

ahh paul, acid, dland, lazy and especially you DP. those were the days my friend
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom