How good is Monta Ellis really?

I thought I was in the Warriors thread for a minute
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I wouldn't resign Bwright because he's shown all of 22 season minutes of promise. Look at AR.

I wouldn't resign Bwright because he's shown all of 22 season minutes of promise. Look at AR.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

What makes you think the Spurs would be as successful if Monta were in the spot that Manu was in?
That's exactly what I'm not saying. I'm not sure Monta could contribute as much to the Spurs night in and night out as Manu, and I don't think Manu could straight up carry the Warriors.
LOL @ The concept of carrying the Warriors. To carry means to actual travel somewhere right? How can a bum team be carried?
First of all, @*%! semantics. Second, LOL at your backwards %!* logic.

It doesn't matter if your teams wins 5 games or 50. If your team's success is dependent on your contributions, you carry that team. The only difference is in one case, you carry the team to 5 wins and the other you carry your team to 50 wins.

And you really need to correct yourself, Cleveland is a bum team. Warriors aren't playoff caliber by any means right now but at 18-23 we're still respectable.

What makes you think the Spurs would be as successful if Monta were in the spot that Manu was in?
That's exactly what I'm not saying. I'm not sure Monta could contribute as much to the Spurs night in and night out as Manu, and I don't think Manu could straight up carry the Warriors.
LOL @ The concept of carrying the Warriors. To carry means to actual travel somewhere right? How can a bum team be carried?
First of all, @*%! semantics. Second, LOL at your backwards %!* logic.

It doesn't matter if your teams wins 5 games or 50. If your team's success is dependent on your contributions, you carry that team. The only difference is in one case, you carry the team to 5 wins and the other you carry your team to 50 wins.

And you really need to correct yourself, Cleveland is a bum team. Warriors aren't playoff caliber by any means right now but at 18-23 we're still respectable.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

You don't think Wright's played good in the minutes he's had?  You know it's not going to take much to re-sign him, why wouldn't you do it?  Also, Randolph sucked.  I have always had Wright over Randolph despite everyone's love for him.  Everyone likes Udoh, but don't forget, Wright is still younger than him.

You don't think Wright's played good in the minutes he's had?  You know it's not going to take much to re-sign him, why wouldn't you do it?  Also, Randolph sucked.  I have always had Wright over Randolph despite everyone's love for him.  Everyone likes Udoh, but don't forget, Wright is still younger than him.

Originally Posted by amel223

Why do you always take statements literally?  Lol.

What are you speaking of? We are talking about the ability to carry a team. GSW is not a winning franchise, so why are we saying that Manu couldn't carry the Warriors like Monta does as if MOnta DOES it his damn self?

There is no literal or figurative way of addressing that statement.

Originally Posted by amel223

Why do you always take statements literally?  Lol.

What are you speaking of? We are talking about the ability to carry a team. GSW is not a winning franchise, so why are we saying that Manu couldn't carry the Warriors like Monta does as if MOnta DOES it his damn self?

There is no literal or figurative way of addressing that statement.

Sorry but this is the mentality of a fan of a losing franchise. GSW is a LOSING franchise. Point blank. Get off of your horse. GSW is a LOSING franchise. So if a player "leads" his team to 5 wins you can consider that carrying a team to 5 wins? Last time I checked, carrying a team means TAKING THE TEAM SOMEWHERE. That is how the figurative meaning of it was created. If your team is a perennial LOSER how in the hell can you say anyone has carried them?

Cleveland is a bum team
GSW is a bum team.

Sorry but this is the mentality of a fan of a losing franchise. GSW is a LOSING franchise. Point blank. Get off of your horse. GSW is a LOSING franchise. So if a player "leads" his team to 5 wins you can consider that carrying a team to 5 wins? Last time I checked, carrying a team means TAKING THE TEAM SOMEWHERE. That is how the figurative meaning of it was created. If your team is a perennial LOSER how in the hell can you say anyone has carried them?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by daprescription

Nope. Only if no other SF free agent couldnt be had. Pardon the analogy but its like Alex Smith. I feel once that guy leaves the 9ers he won't be nearly as bad. Similar to BWright. He'll be better off somewhere else.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Nope. Only if no other SF free agent couldnt be had. Pardon the analogy but its like Alex Smith. I feel once that guy leaves the 9ers he won't be nearly as bad. Similar to BWright. He'll be better off somewhere else.

Cleveland is a bum team
GSW is a bum team.
FOH. Where is "somewhere" the playoffs? .500 record? Who made you the authority on figurative meanings? and you tell me to get off my horse. 
roll.gif

^^That's like saying a man who makes 20K annually doesn't support his family because he's not making 75K. 

18 wins is SOMEWHERE dummy.  5 Wins is SOMEWHERE. 1 win is SOMEWHERE. 

Monta has carried his team to 18 wins this season. I can't fathom how that could possibly be hard for you to understand. 

Actually I can, I know your e persona. You're a contrarian, this is what you do. 

Cleveland is a bum team
GSW is a bum team.
FOH. Where is "somewhere" the playoffs? .500 record? Who made you the authority on figurative meanings? and you tell me to get off my horse. 
roll.gif

^^That's like saying a man who makes 20K annually doesn't support his family because he's not making 75K. 

Monta has carried his team to 18 wins this season. I can't fathom how that could possibly be hard for you to understand. 

Actually I can, I know your e persona. You're a contrarian, this is what you do. 

Yea just attack my character to sway the direction of the conversation. Make this about ME and not the topic at hand.

My point is this. Monta hasn't carried the GSW anywhere. The Warriors are a LOSING franchise. There is no denying that. I know it might be hard for you to type those words out but you know deep in your heart that the Warriors franchise is a joke with great fan support.

LOL @ Dummy. I appreciate you being able to have a mature discussion without calling names. Not sure how any number of wins means somewhere but maybe my definition of somewhere is different than yours.

Monta has not CARRIED them anywhere. If your team does not WIN (travel) then they have not been carried. We will see the GSW sitting at home in early April AGAIN this season.

So I am not even sure why we are discussing Manu vs Monta (original topic) because one EASILY does more than the other and it isn't even close. Monta is a great scorer though and very fun to watch but those two players shouldn't be compared.

Monta is a scorer on a bad team, you can never judge a player's value until he gets out of a situation like that. Not his fault that the Warriors are a joke.

Yea just attack my character to sway the direction of the conversation. Make this about ME and not the topic at hand.

My point is this. Monta hasn't carried the GSW anywhere. The Warriors are a LOSING franchise. There is no denying that. I know it might be hard for you to type those words out but you know deep in your heart that the Warriors franchise is a joke with great fan support.

LOL @ Dummy. I appreciate you being able to have a mature discussion without calling names. Not sure how any number of wins means somewhere but maybe my definition of somewhere is different than yours.

Monta has not CARRIED them anywhere. If your team does not WIN (travel) then they have not been carried. We will see the GSW sitting at home in early April AGAIN this season.

So I am not even sure why we are discussing Manu vs Monta (original topic) because one EASILY does more than the other and it isn't even close. Monta is a great scorer though and very fun to watch but those two players shouldn't be compared.

Monta is a scorer on a bad team, you can never judge a player's value until he gets out of a situation like that. Not his fault that the Warriors are a joke.

Let this season (and the few seasons after) play out before saying the Warriors are still a bad team and Monta is just a great scorer on a bad team. The last few seasons have been a joke because of the owner/coach, but things have changed this year with new ownership/coach (and philosophy changes) and there's new hope that the Warriors may be able to do something again. He was never the focal point in the We Believe years, and the years after were disastrous (until now).

Let this season (and the few seasons after) play out before saying the Warriors are still a bad team and Monta is just a great scorer on a bad team. The last few seasons have been a joke because of the owner/coach, but things have changed this year with new ownership/coach (and philosophy changes) and there's new hope that the Warriors may be able to do something again. He was never the focal point in the We Believe years, and the years after were disastrous (until now).

Originally Posted by acidicality

I agree with everything you said Acid.

I will wait until the season. I was moreso speaking on the past, he was speaking on this season (citing 18 wins). I will let the season play out, but if I were a betting man, I would bet that they won't make the playoffs.

I am willing to bet anyone on that as well.

Back
Top Bottom