How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

By that I mean a guy that can put up great numbers but will get you no where.
Welcome to the world of per game statistics. Numbers that don't tell you a whole lot above production.

By other measures, Monta is an above-average offensive player, and a crappy defender. He's an above average player overall, but not someone who adds as much value to a team as other players in the league.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

From a basketball standpoint, maybe my least favorite player in the league. I hate everything about his game.

Thats cold man. Dude is one of the most explosive guys in the league, fearless, and probably the fastest guy in the NBA from end to end.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

From a basketball standpoint, maybe my least favorite player in the league. I hate everything about his game.

Thats cold man. Dude is one of the most explosive guys in the league, fearless, and probably the fastest guy in the NBA from end to end.

simply, the kid can put the ball in the basket, but stuck on a bad team. i agree with the jamal crawford comment

simply, the kid can put the ball in the basket, but stuck on a bad team. i agree with the jamal crawford comment

laugh.gif

One of the best scorers in the game. Should be an all star this year but probably will get snubbed. Anyone who tries to downplay his talents clearly doesnt watch enough of him. He finishes at the rim better than anyone in the league (yes I said that Rose fanboys), he is lightening fast, he has a great midrange, a very improved 3 point shooter and is starting to see the court better with his creating for others. His defense is poor, but lets be honest, so is 80% of the leagues.

Monta is a really good player. You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.  I wish he was on a better team.

One of the best scorers in the game. Should be an all star this year but probably will get snubbed. Anyone who tries to downplay his talents clearly doesnt watch enough of him. He finishes at the rim better than anyone in the league (yes I said that Rose fanboys), he is lightening fast, he has a great midrange, a very improved 3 point shooter and is starting to see the court better with his creating for others. His defense is poor, but lets be honest, so is 80% of the leagues.

Monta is a really good player. You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.  I wish he was on a better team.

You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.
You can't be serious with this.

You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.

Originally Posted by JD617

I cant?  The Warriors system has been the same for years and there have been scorers on those teams.  How many of them averaged more than those guys?  Oh right.  None.

Originally Posted by JD617

I cant?  The Warriors system has been the same for years and there have been scorers on those teams.  How many of them averaged more than those guys?  Oh right.  None.

Very talented on the offensive side of the ball but I don't see him being an all star over Kobe, Deron, Westbrook, Ginobili, CP3 and Nash.

Very talented on the offensive side of the ball but I don't see him being an all star over Kobe, Deron, Westbrook, Ginobili, CP3 and Nash.

Back
Top Bottom