How Do You Like Your Sushi? [PICS INCLUDED] *Page 1 Update.

First attempt:

Shrimp tempura joint with cucumber, avocado, carrots, mango and that sriracha/mayo sauce. I will get the Japanese mayo net time, I plan on making Nigirizushi with salmon next and will post pics. I think my biggest problem was getting a good rice/ingredient ratio but by my third roll I think I did a good job.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

First attempt:

Shrimp tempura joint with cucumber, avocado, carrots, mango and that sriracha/mayo sauce. I will get the Japanese mayo net time, I plan on making Nigirizushi with salmon next and will post pics. I think my biggest problem was getting a good rice/ingredient ratio but by my third roll I think I did a good job.

Looks pretty good for a rookie, but the question is, how did they taste??

Btw, thanks for making me crave sushi at this hour...thanks for nothin! lol

First attempt:

Looks pretty good for a rookie, but the question is, how did they taste??

Btw, thanks for making me crave sushi at this hour...thanks for nothin! lol

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

STei-Unagi2.jpg
UNAGI
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This man knows
smokin.gif

Ha! My bad and thanks for the compliment! It tasted really good actually (not tooting my own horn). I have been making rice for a while so that wasn't a problem but as far as the shrimp I had to thug it out and make a batter a little different from the one I read about since I had to use vegetable oil. Also the mango wasn't 100% ripe so I got a bit of a tangy taste as opposed to the sweet one I was looking for. Other than that the process wasn't hard at all. I will put some helpful links on the first page.

i didnt like sushi when i was a teenager. since i hated the thought of eating anything raw

now i like most types of sushi

i didnt like sushi when i was a teenager. since i hated the thought of eating anything raw

now i like most types of sushi

Ha! My bad and thanks for the compliment! It tasted really good actually (not tooting my own horn). I have been making rice for a while so that wasn't a problem but as far as the shrimp I had to thug it out and make a batter a little different from the one I read about since I had to use vegetable oil. Also the mango wasn't 100% ripe so I got a bit of a tangy taste as opposed to the sweet one I was looking for. Other than that the process wasn't hard at all. I will put some helpful links on the first page.

First attempt:

Looks piff brah.
smokin.gif

How long did it take you?
Did you put soy sauce on it?

First attempt:

Looks piff brah.
smokin.gif

How long did it take you?
Did you put soy sauce on it?

Good looking out! It took about an hour but it would have been shorter had I not bought a pound of shrimp and cooked it all. The most tedious part was cutting the other ingredients into small pieces but once I get better it will probably take a half hour to forty-five minutes tops. I did use soy sauce and the first time I dipped it was OD but I paid better attention and balanced the taste a lot better.

Good looking out! It took about an hour but it would have been shorter had I not bought a pound of shrimp and cooked it all. The most tedious part was cutting the other ingredients into small pieces but once I get better it will probably take a half hour to forty-five minutes tops. I did use soy sauce and the first time I dipped it was OD but I paid better attention and balanced the taste a lot better.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

I was a sushi chef for most of my teenage years, love all of them. Spicy tuna rolls.. classic
pimp.gif

5557583566_0b5fc2acc8_z.jpg
pimp.gif
eek.gif
Now I'm really craving for some... and I just had my lunch!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

I was a sushi chef for most of my teenage years, love all of them. Spicy tuna rolls.. classic
pimp.gif

5557583566_0b5fc2acc8_z.jpg
pimp.gif
eek.gif
Now I'm really craving for some... and I just had my lunch!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom