How Do You Feel Comfortable Celebrating the 4th of July If You're Black?

I'm black. My household barbecued early. We ate delicious food. A few hours later, I went to my WHITE colonizer friend's house (his dad is a retired cop and the whole family avidly watches fox news). And I took my Mexican gf and my half "mulatto" daughter. And even though I stereotypically can't swim, my daughter had the BEST time swimming in their pool with their WHITE children, eating VANILLA ice cream, running around with sparklers and watching fireworks. And no one cracked offensive jokes. Even though grandma complained about Biden and some fireworks issues at mt. Rushmore, she still tapped her feet while the stereo played popular rap music of a successful Canadian immigrant. No one made us feel second class. They just complimented me multiple times on my daughter and we talked about various topics while enjoying drinks like responsible adults.

From our experience yesterday, my daughter already has fun memories of the holiday that I didn't grow up having in childhood. This kind of thing could happen in lot's of countries. But knowing the history of this country, this IS progress. Not cancel culture. By teaching... More accurately by BEING inclusion to the next generation, we make the future brighter. I and my guests were welcomed into these people's home off the strength of one friendship. One formed at a neighborhood high school that is considered "not good" because of the percentage of black students. If you're too woke to break bread with the other side, you are apart of the problem. On july 4th no one should be ashamed of the flag. Because if they never scribbled on that paper that men should be free and equal, whether or not they even believed it. The world would be even worse than it is now. English imperialism pretty much started this Era, and the colonists took on that superpower and proved that unjust global tyrannies don't have superpowers.

I certainly could say they're home is bigger than mine and has a pool and yada yada because of slave labor and prison industrial complex and blah blah. But they don't care. They don't feel responsible and these people never will. All they know is their own experience has been good and they are happy to share it with me in celebration. We have 364 other days to be ashamed the state of America and at least 10 home games to kneel and piss off "Patriots". Holidays are for the kids... to pass on and even improve the culture. That is the time to do it and I hope next year we barbecue on juneteenth and invite white people to have fun WITH us. Not watch us having fun. Don't complain about the dance as a wall flower. You have to get out your shell to experience it properly.
Lol so much to say absolutely nothing

Me and my white friends have those talks. I press them plenty on the issues and I don't let up until I think they start to get it. But I'm not pressing his grandma. Why would I?

If you keep to yourself and have no white friends that's cool especially if you don't have kids. But if you have friends that want to include you and your like nah that's not woke. You aren't waking anyone up. You are the problem. If I'm one of 3 black friends they have, then at least they hear at least one opposing view point to what they have been indoctrinated with. Hopefully 3 friends turns to 5 and 10 and 15 black friends.

It's insulting to laugh at white people inviting you and friends and family into their home, preparing a meal and serving you at a BBQ. Yall act like there wasn't a time when we couldn't drink from the same lead laced water fountain. If inclusion is celebrating oppression, then MLK Jr. was the enemy too.

OblongPiercingFoxhound-max-1mb.gif

Me and my white friends have those talks. I press them plenty on the issues and I don't let up until I think they start to get it. But I'm not pressing his grandma. Why would I?

If you keep to yourself and have no white friends that's cool especially if you don't have kids. But if you have friends that want to include you and your like nah that's not woke. You aren't waking anyone up. You are the problem. If I'm one of 3 black friends they have, then at least they hear at least one opposing view point to what they have been indoctrinated with. Hopefully 3 friends turns to 5 and 10 and 15 black friends.

It's insulting to laugh at white people inviting you and friends and family into their home, preparing a meal and serving you at a BBQ. Yall act like there wasn't a time when we couldn't drink from the same lead laced water fountain. If inclusion is celebrating oppression, then MLK Jr. was the enemy too.
Did they serve you buttered biscuits?

Why do racist & you white supremacist fuddlers love disrespecting MLK's message when you you wouldn't have ****** w/ him while he was alive?

Listen, the difference between you & me is you want to uphold white supremacy and bottom feed off of the scrapes in hopes of acceptance. MLK didn't do that, he marched for equality, not for a damn seat at the table. Man wanted to be treated like a 1st class citizen & ppl like u & ur abusive friends killed him for it. I'm not changing how I dress, talk, or walk to appease anyone, & I'm damn sure not doing it to appease to a racist.

My dreams & aspirations is to uplift fellow transatlantic diasporans not keep em down below in favour of the status quo.
Friendship w/ another man that doesn't respect me enough to see me as his equal? ***** please, you or anyone else that thinks like you got me ****** up, & you're disgusting for trying to blame your racist coddling on your daughter. Now tell me why I should find the good in Tucker Carlson.

giphy (53).gif

Like most others, it's another day to gather with loved ones celebrate a day of having fun and being together. I like fireworks too so July 4th and New Years are up there for me as far as celebrations.

Might be the dumbest group of words put together on NT

1625567642332.gif

I will say that it feels easier to “celebrate” the 4th again now with Trump out of office. His presidency did a number on dividing this nation. A lot of us weren’t proud to be American under that president. I have some cutoff Jean shorts with an American flag patch on them that I havent worn in a few years for this reason. Sounds weird but I wasn’t comfortable wearing the flag because while he was president it was like if you supported USA or waved an American flag people assume you automatically supported Trump (cutoff Jean shorts don’t exactly help either; kind of a “hick” article of clothing lol). I wore the Jean shorts this year btw.

I feel some people are stuck in this mindset of hating America because of Trump. Obviously there are plenty of reasons historically, for black people especially, to not be proud Americans. Trump just exacerbated the reasons. I doubt this thread pops up under Obama presidency though.

I will say that it feels easier to “celebrate” the 4th again now with Trump out of office. His presidency did a number on dividing this nation. A lot of us weren’t proud to be American under that president. I have some cutoff Jean shorts with an American flag patch on them that I havent worn in a few years for this reason. Sounds weird but I wasn’t comfortable wearing the flag because while he was president it was like if you supported USA or waved an American flag people assume you automatically supported Trump (cutoff Jean shorts don’t exactly help either; kind of a “hick” article of clothing lol). I wore the Jean shorts this year btw.

I feel some people are stuck in this mindset of hating America because of Trump. Obviously there are plenty of reasons historically, for black people especially, to not be proud Americans. Trump just exacerbated the reasons. I doubt this thread pops up under Obama presidency though.
I’m sorry but this is a Fox News take. It’s not about “I hate America” it’s about acknowledging the truth about the history of the country. There’s a group of people that don’t want to do that. So no, I won’t celebrate the 4th for it’s intended purpose just like thanksgiving is a joke in the sense American traditions want to pretend the settlers worked together with the natives. I WILL however use that day to chill with family

ironically, the people that actually hate the country are the group of white middle aged men that want to “take it back”.

Attachments

• 1625574453269.png
    1625574453269.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I am going to call a spade a spade, y’all throwing up walls of texts to decorate the fact that y’all have been fully indoctrinated.

Put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself where do you see your oppressors any where in history celebrating their victory of their enemy ?

I don’t fault those for taking the path of least resistance when it comes to leisure, but I wouldn’t act like it‘s some dignified thing to do.
Big facts.

and you're black saying this

tenor.gif

You're one of the good ones, huh

Good boy

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom