How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

You right. He dissed Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon too. 8 Mile was cool, don't know what my teenage years would've been without me downloading those freestyle battles via Limewire.
Really he hasn't done as much for rap as people are trying to give him credit for.

Probably true

But at the same time he's DAMN SURE got more talent than you want to give him credit for

My theory on Eminem is he never wanted to outshine his idols or people that brought him in, so he held back. He knew that would backfire on him. When he tries, he's ONE of the best. I can list example after example...

Here he is versus 3 of the best MCs to do it... Jay Z, Black Thought and Mos Def.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Eminem is a culture vulture, but dude has made some of the most trash music on Earth and gotten a pass because a)he's white and b)once in a while he drops a :pimp: verse/song that lets you know he actually is very talented. Complete waste of talent
Eminem is like Adam Sandler. If he really took the time to he could have it out a classic comedy movie or he could do a good drama. But he doesn't and continues to put out trash. So he's corny. He may have had hits in the past but for the last 10+ years he's a joke that has his fans. Much like Sandler, I was a fan of Em when I was 10. That time has passed though

Having said all that, Stan is a classic

Last edited:
even eminem himself would disagree with you

he did

I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in/It goes Reggie, Jay Z, 2Pac, and Biggie, Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas, and then me."

what makes nas better than eminem

Last edited:
People saying Em is putting out trash have clearly never listened to MMLP2. That album had heat. And Em still showed he could put words together in ways that no else can. Son even set a world record.

Last edited:

Consistent, detailed story telling. That's what separates the men from the boys in rap. It's one thing to brag or rhyme big words, but telling stories and making them play like a movie in your mind or like you just read a book is an elite level skill in hip hop.

Take these two. No big words. No double time. No fancy gimmicks. Both are better than Eminem and even he would tell you that.

Reactions: wr
im gonna leave this alone cuz its getting derailed lol and its gonna go somewhere else.

but i agree brolic.

i think it is a good argument tho. i like them both but i think eminem is the better rapper and nas is the better mc.

even eminem himself would disagree with you

he did

I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in/It goes Reggie, Jay Z, 2Pac, and Biggie, Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas, and then me."

There's people on here who will tell you Gucci is better than Em, it's not even worth discussing this on NT.

They're 2 legends, it's hair splitting.

Both have amazing albums, both have duds.

I would place more faith in NaS dropping a better album in 2017 than Em, tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Em went through the same process as other rappers back then. Grinding in underground/battle rap scene for a while, got noticed by a big name and took off. Now of course him being white has helped him a lot as far as his sales, that ain't no secret but he always gives credit to Dre. He reached back and brought his crew with him, signed Obie Trice, helped 50 and nem pop off. Em will always be real in my book.

Em coulda easily left Dre around 01 and became full blown pop. After MMLP he didn't need Dre or the hip hop audience, he was damn near the biggest thing in music after that album. He coulda went off by himself not cared about Hip Hop but be stayed true.

Last edited:
Eminem is like Adam Sandler. If he really took the time to he could have it out a classic comedy movie or he could do a good drama. But he doesn't and continues to put out trash. So he's corny. He may have had hits in the past but for the last 10+ years he's a joke that has his fans. Much like Sandler, I was a fan of Em when I was 10. That time has passed though

Having said all that, Stan is a classic
Ding ding ding

smh em is corny now?

Em been corn since day 1.

Could you imagine a black rapper coming in on some Weird Al type ****?

but he didn't come out like that... Eminem was prevelant in da outsiderz NJ group being da über back packer..his creditials were good enough to be on that rawkus records complication cover...

and to speak to ur point...Shock G, Flava flav, etc.

Last edited:
Eminem didn't come in gimmicky. He came in jocking AZ's style and developed his own from that starting point.

The EM slander is crazy.

People need to realize Interscope/Aftermath literally had to figure out how to market a white rapper. It sounds bizarre now.

So of course they tried to recreate Hi my name is every lead single on follow up albums. Sure he made some corny songs but hes also made classic songs

You cant discredit SSLP ,MMLP, Eminem Show, Both Bad Meets Evil cds especially the one that dropped 2012 , Verses on Devils Night, His songs off 8mile sdtk especially 8mile road . All his crazy freestyles , his contribution to Chronic 2001,putting on 50 cent. His classic diss songs especially The Sauce, Nail in the Coffin , I remember (the Evelast diss :rofl:) , Quitter etc.

Em is def top 10 of all time.

Last edited:
smh em is corny now?

Em been corn since day 1.

Could you imagine a black rapper coming in on some Weird Al type ****?

but he didn't come out like that... Eminem was prevelant in da outsiderz NJ group being da über back packer..his creditials were good enough to be on that rawkus records complication cover...

and to speak to ur point...Shock G, Flava flav, etc.

I was thinking son gotta be young, Shock G was the first person that came to mind :lol:

I still listen to The Humpty Dance to this day :lol: :lol:

I was thinking son gotta be young, Shock G was the first person that came to mind :lol:

I still listen to The Humpty Dance to this day :lol: :lol:

Saw Digital Underground live and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The Roots will always be number one and Jay Z live, number two.

Anyway, watching Shock G play the keys and rap the whole time was dope af.

Shock G was wild corny, and he took away from the actual group because of his antics. At the same time it got them attention. It was a double edged sword. Digital Underground had some dope music though and Shock is an underrated producer.

eminem >>> nas

I see your opinion on music is about as good as @DipsetGeneral

if youre not black and youre use anything of  black culture, you are a culture vulture

I don't agree with this at all.

Because many other races love, know and appreciate more bout many aspects of our culture than we do.

Look at Lil Yachty and a lot of young kids today who listen to mindless and produce mindless drivel. Who's people are they hurting?

Culture vulture is such a dumb word imo.

Like stated in the thread earlier, the good ol Usa is always going to influence someone...with different cultures all over the states, its just bound to happen.

Now what I do not agree is when ppl start wearing jesus pieces or kufi hats just for the heck of it or "its cool" and they have no knowledge of it or theyre arent even part of that religion

SideNote: let post cook, dude def. has better songs than yatchy and 21 and uzi

Back
Top Bottom