How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

Only culture vulture of our culture that i can think of that is black is Q from Worldstar.

Edit : Oh and Mona creator of Love & Hip Hop

Last edited:
He's never not been corny. He just can rap really well. 
Not even. I don't think he's a culture vulture, but if he was black dude wouldn't eem reach top 20 of most peoples lists. The last time I asked in an Em thread to post a few quotables, no one posted a single one; ****** just kept saying he was the best or one of the best with no substantial bars. **** is weird honestly.

Lil Dicky is a culture vulture. You seen them long basketball jerseys?

Not srs.

smh em is corny now?
lmao his first single was "hi my name is"

all his first singles were corny af ...that was his business plan.

make the corniest outrageous **** for white people to digest as the opening single

Em been corn since day 1.

To this day I still don't know why or how cats think Em is one of the hottest lyricists alive.

Son came into the game biting off AZ. (Listen to "Infinite - Em" then listen to "Rather Unique - AZ")

Then son switched his style up and started rapping that "boobity boo, beebity bee, moms spaghetti" ****.

I won't lie though, he has some good songs here and there, and he definitely had a HUGE following (for obvious reasons), but to name him one of the greatests is a slap in the face to the forefathers of Hip Hop

Em slander? It's outrageous to lable him a vulture. He's done more the culture than a lot of the people that it's meant to represent. Cats acting like Em is Tommy Hilfiger's son.

And not even that, son is legitimately nice. Easily one of the best technical rappers there ever was, and illest freestyler. Em ain out here "freestyling" off phone like NTs god.

Just cuz you only focus on his corny **** doesn't mean he's not a dope lyricist. Plus he actually gives back to the culture, he put so much from Detroit on, black, poor, whatever. He's not vulturing, he grew up in it.

Em slander? It's outrageous to lable him a vulture. He's done more the culture than a lot of the people that it's meant to represent. Cats acting like Em is Tommy Hilfiger's son.

Light weight fighting words for real.

You sound goofy as as hell.

Just cuz you only focus on his corny **** doesn't mean he's not a dope lyricist. Plus he actually gives back to the culture, he put so much from Detroit on, black, poor, whatever. He's not vulturing, he grew up in it.
He ain't grow up in ****.

His 8 mile ain't the same as others 8 mile.

Who hasn't and how is that giving back more then anyone else?

8 mile isn't a hood but just a long *** street in Detroit.

@Willchamberlain
 correct me if I'm wrong.
It's 1 hood on 8 mile and that's the Township. Eminem not really from Detroit, there are no trailer parks in detroit. He from warren, michigan, a city outside detroit. And u are right, 8 mile is 1 long as main street that goes thru like 10+ cities.now 5,6, 7 mile are long streets but are considered hoods also.

Last edited:
if youre not black and youre use anything of  black culture, you are a culture vulture
Does this apply to only black culture?

Very broad brush w/ that statement. But if you use anything from a culture that you are not from for means of personal benefit i.e. money, fame, staus, etc. then you are a culture vulture.

[thread="657509"]Quote:[/thread]
Does this apply to only black culture?

Good question because blacks have stolen a lot from the Italian mob.

But don't think it was the direct line to money so I'll say no.

Like?

Back
Top Bottom