How Do You Feel About The Current Heroin Epidimic?

Interesting.

I was trying to find the slippery slope in this and the only angle seems to be that a person is selling something illegal....that is known to kill people.

It may b a reach but there is the abc man argument that he sells somebody liquor for years and years and they die of cirrhosis but alcohol is legal.

I would say that grown men make their own decisions but drugs like this kinda make their decisions

I dont agree with the Philippine president saying its ok to kill adicts and dealers tho.

Drugs is bad

phone tap usually or stamp on the bag that leaves a trace on who has it..
yeah its not usually too hard for them to figure out who they got it from.

***** been an epidemic around here since early 2000s when i was in highschool. Lost like 10 plus people i went to highschool with to ODs and others to drug related violence. Its really sad, most junkies arent bad people. You get hooked on that **** and next thing you know it goes from a fun high to physically NEEDING it. Really tough addiction to manage if you arent super strong and have a great support system (which most users dont).

In regards to the addicts, I wish them the best and hope they can get clean and move past this chapter of their life.

In regards to the law & government, **** them. Now that the epidemic has hit their homes and neighborhoods, it's gone from a crime issue to a health issue. Users of the past epidemic were demonized and jailed for years & we all know the reason why.

On another note, a cause of this epidemic is our culture of prescription drugs.

I was in Cinn. back in January. Every 5 mins there was a report on the news. The people I was working with said most car accidents were a result of folks driving while high. They were also saying that it was somewhat of a race thing there and was majority of whites coming off of prescription opiates. Watching Anthony Bourdain talk about it, it does seem like more of a white issue.

The only reason where having a herion epidemic because a couple years back or more it was a pill epidemic. And since the government made it harder to get pills people turned to the cheaper better alternative.. Herion

Meth has primarily a white user base, crushed all the rural ares around here and rest of Midwest. There was zero sympathy there.

Maybe instead of race it is just the country actually waking up and realizing it is not a criminal issue.

Probably not, but maybe.

The only reason where having a herion epidemic because a couple years back or more it was a pill epidemic. And since the government made it harder to get pills people turned to the cheaper better alternative.. Herion

Oxycontin changing their formula had a huge impakt as well. The pill was able to be free based before, but then the formula changed to remove that aspekt. Then the heroin kame in. I dunno if government had a part in that change, but it makes sense tho

O OnlySinkDunks again i go to the type of high. Meth keeps you awake n kauses sleep deprivation. Paranoia kicks in n people bekome schizophrenic. That type of high tends to be more konducive to violence, while heroin kauses you to nod out. Like one of the posters above pointed out, kar accidents are prolly the biggest koncern as far as the publik is koncerned.

Last edited:
Meth has primarily a white user base, crushed all the rural ares around here and rest of Midwest. There was zero sympathy there.

Maybe instead of race it is just the country actually waking up and realizing it is not a criminal issue.

Probably not, but maybe.

It's because of what that other poster said in here earlier...meth and crackheads most of the time act violent and crazy as hell. Heroin addicts just nod out. Two completely different reactions.

They puttin fetaynl and certain tranquilizers in it for cut, wich is dangerous.

Ive seen dudes also boil coca cola and used the boiled product as cut.

I had a homie die from heroin when we were 14.

In a dboys mind, they dont care whay they cut it wit since a junkie is gona put bad stuff in their bodys anyways. Money is money.

This is not crack or coke bruh. It is not that easy for them

Look how other countries deal with it, many professional people go into these clinics get a registered dose, and go about their day. You have junkies of course, but there's functional addicts in almost every case of drug abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxycontin changing their formula had a huge impakt as well. The pill was able to be free based before, but then the formula changed to remove that aspekt. Then the heroin kame in. I dunno if government had a part in that change, but it makes sense tho
they made it so you couldnt just lick the time release off and snort a whole 80mg in one shot. Now the time release is integrated into the pill so they are much more difficult to break down. I think most users move to heroin not because pills are hard to get, but because pills are significantly more expensive. Once you get into that junkie territory you want to get as much bang for your buck as possible.

they made it so you couldnt just lick the time release off and snort a whole 80mg in one shot. Now the time release is integrated into the pill so they are much more difficult to break down. I think most users move to heroin not because pills are hard to get, but because pills are significantly more expensive. Once you get into that junkie territory you want to get as much bang for your buck as possible.

Yeah i knew the formula change had to do with it. Most people i knew free based it. Some snorted, but not many. I also think they went towards gel tablets, if i remember, kould be wrong tho. I think they recently went back to the formula, but it kould be someone was hoarding old pills n started sellin em again, i dunno. N yeah, i agree that addikts are lookin for cheaper, faster, stronger highs, hence china white not bein as popular as karga

Never met anyone that ****** with herion in the bay area At least not in recent times. I guess Midwest/east coast thang.

Never met anyone that ****** with herion in the bay area At least not in recent times. I guess Midwest/east coast thang.

Word? SoCal got so many heroin users. First time i saw someone get high off heroin, i was walkin thru an alley to the store n saw some dude n his girl shootin up. The girl nodded out n busted her head on a water meter :lol: This was almost 20 years ago too. **** been around forever, its just affluent white folks dyin now

You don't have to know a junkie to know a junkie.

1000% sure there's heroin in the Bay
laugh.gif

Not sure if this is regional or national but I know it's been crazy here in Cincinnati and the tri state area.

I think Baltimore and Florida are getting hit bad too

People have been OD'n like crazy the last few weeks.

I have mixed feelings on the handling of it though.

Trust me I want everyone to get the best treatment and the ability to live a full life.

But from the Narcan to public officials speaking out on this "disease" and treatment plans for the users yet are still handing out life to the dealers.

Where was this sympathy for crack?

I don't want to turn this into a race thing but I don't have any other answer.
There's more sympathy towards the heroin and prescription opiate epidemics because they primarily affect white people.

I mean...

Word? SoCal got so many heroin users. First time i saw someone get high off heroin, i was walkin thru an alley to the store n saw some dude n his girl shootin up. The girl nodded out n busted her head on a water meter :lol: This was almost 20 years ago too. **** been around forever, its just affluent white folks dyin now
Yea that makes sense though I always heard people in LA ****** with it more. Not saying they didn't in norcal. But I associate crystal more so with the region.

You don't have to know a junkie to know a junkie.

1000% sure there's heroin in the Bay :lol:

Right? Many of the panthers bekame heroin addikts

Edit: Oh yeah, dope the number one drug down here too, but heroin is still in the mix

Last edited:
So hear me out, im wondering how much the war in afghanistan had to do with the increase in prescription opioid use, which was really an increase in the writting of opioid prescriptions, that has led to this heroine "epidemic"? What i mean is, did the pharmaceutical companies really send their drug pushers out there hard for opioids as a result of production being opened through the "war on terror". I've read production of poppys in afghanistan has skyrocketed as a result of our actions over there (afghanistan supplies 90% of the worlds opium). Ive also read the writting of opioid prescriptions has also skyrocketed over the last 10 years for no apparent reason, as if people are experiencing more pain than they were before. Timeline kinda adds up, ***** crazy. They wanna put the street level dudes under the jail though.

A few facts:

-between 1999 and 2015 opioid prescriptions quadrupled

-by 2010 painkillers were the 3rd most prescribed class of drug

-in 2012 there were 289 million opioid prescriptions, roughly 1 for every adult in the country

-80% of heroine users started out with prescription opioids

-purdue pharma, the manufacturer of oxycotin has spent $200 million on opioid lectures for doctors

-purdue pharma has made $35 billion of oxycotin

http://m.startribune.com/reliance-o...reatest-mistake-in-medical-history/375906361/

I suggesst people read that full article to see how culpable almost all facets of the medical industry are in this epidemic.

And to the dude who said they knew the risks. My dentist didnt mention any risks when he gave me a 30 day supply of percocets for getting 1 wisdom tooth pulled. Most people will assume their doctors arent leading them down a path to addiction. Also, for those unaware, the drank/lean/syrup your favorite rapper talks about are opioids as well. All those exotic drugs Future talks about that you've never heard of, all opioids.

View media item 2158008
Opium production in afghanistan. Look at the year 2000, when the taliban outlawed the growing of opium.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is regional or national but I know it's been crazy here in Cincinnati and the tri state area.

I think Baltimore and Florida are getting hit bad too

People have been OD'n like crazy the last few weeks.

Authorities have said nearly 300 overdoses have been reported in the Cincinnati area since Aug. 19, with 174 reported in a six-day period. 

I have mixed feelings on the handling of it though.

Trust me I want everyone to get the best treatment and the ability to live a full life.

But from the Narcan to public officials speaking out on this "disease" and treatment plans for the users yet are still handing out life to the dealers.

Where was this sympathy for crack?

I don't want to turn this into a race thing but I don't have any other answer.
Nothing new here in Baltimore, been a heroin city for decades ...even out suburbs been on it for a min :smh:

Prescription pills and seeing the drug pop up more in the burbs n middle class areas is what's got the media calling it an epedemic now ...nobody should mess with this stuff , nothing good about it...u really dumb if you started shooting dope in 2016 round these parts after seeing what it's been doing

Last edited:
So hear me out, im wondering how much the war in afghanistan had to do with the increase in prescription opioid use, which was really an increase in the writting of opioid prescriptions, that has led to this heroine "epidemic"? What i mean is, did the pharmaceutical companies really send their drug pushers out there hard for opioids as a result of production being opened through the "war on terror". I've read production of poppys in afghanistan has skyrocketed as a result of our actions over there. Ive also read the writting of opioid prescriptions has also skyrocketed over the last 10 years for no apparent reason, as if people are experiencing more pain than they were before. Timeline kinda adds up, ***** crazy. They wanna put the street level dudes under the jail though.

A few facts:

-in 2012 there were 289 million opioid prescriptions, roughly 1 for every adult in the country

-purdue pharma, the manufacturer of oxycotin has spent $200 million on opioid lectures for doctors

http://m.startribune.com/reliance-o...reatest-mistake-in-medical-history/375906361/

I suggesst people read that full article to see how culpable almost all facets of the medical industry are in this epidemic.

And to the dude who said they knew the risks. My dentist didnt mention any risks when he gave me a 30 day supply of percocets for getting 1 wisdom tooth pulled. Most people will assume their doctors arent leading them down a path to addiction. Also, for those unaware, the drank/lean/syrup your favorite rapper talks about are opioids as well. All those exotic drugs Future talks about that you've never heard of, all opioids.

They all in cahoots with each other bruh

So hear me out, im wondering how much the war in afghanistan had to do with the increase in prescription opioid use, which was really an increase in the writting of opioid prescriptions, that has led to this heroine "epidemic"? What i mean is, did the pharmaceutical companies really send their drug pushers out there hard for opioids as a result of production being opened through the "war on terror". I've read production of poppys in afghanistan has skyrocketed as a result of our actions over there (afghanistan supplies 90% of the worlds opium). Ive also read the writting of opioid prescriptions has also skyrocketed over the last 10 years for no apparent reason, as if people are experiencing more pain than they were before. Timeline kinda adds up, ***** crazy. They wanna put the street level dudes under the jail though.

A few facts:

View media item 2158008
Opium production in afghanistan. Look at the year 2000, when the taliban outlawed the growing of opium.

If you've read up on the Iran-Contra scandal, then this isn't much of a stretch.

These companies are NOT about anything other than a dollar.

Back
Top Bottom