How Do Prospective Employers See Your Facebook?

So you're saying they can see the info? I don't have any questionable pic as the default.

they cant see your profile if it is set for only allow friends to view it. dont have stupid pics as your default and your legit

All my pictures are hidden.

The %$%$ do all my facebook friends need access to hundreds of pictures of me for?

i've heard rumors of how sneaky some companies can be to get to your profile, but i really don't buy into it much.

lock out ur fb so that only your friends on fb can see your profile. an unsecure fb profile is pretty much one that pops up when you google someone's name.plus untag urself from pics that show outlandish behavior. after all that i think your in the clear.

I heard the NFL does a lot of digging thru Facebook's to learn about a draft prospect.

When they find it eventually, it doesn't bode well for people of a drunkard's ilk or women of questionable repute.

there are contracted companies that hack into your profile for some potential employers.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

safer to not have one.
I don't understand this.

How about just don't do stupid $%%# on it and everythings cool.
yeah but you cant control if and what people post of you...amirite?

I used to have a fb years ago...and i dont think too much has changed.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

All my pictures are hidden.

The %$%$ do all my facebook friends need access to hundreds of pictures of me for?

Why would you even take the time to upload the photos?

I swear, some of yall act like you be snapping pics at KKK meetings or something.

If people would learn to NEVER take pictures with alcohol then you are fine. Stop taking stupid pictures (not saying you are OP).

But I HAVE heard that folks can see your PAGE regardless of if you have it set to private.

I saw a article in the Times about this years ago when I was in college...(brought to my attention by my pops) and I deleted it. It's not only about thepics you take, but you can get tagged etc etc, you may have wild friends, its just a risk.

Also, if they wanna see it bad enough, they are many programs and lots of software out there that you can buy for a reasonable price and use to crack Facebookpasswords. Also, you can phish yourself into a private Facebook page if you have the know how. Yup.

Your page and everything on it is technically facebook's property. I've heard that companies/schools can gain access, even when private (cash may ormay not be involved).

I switched up my email though and my name (to Atoms, instead of Adams). Dunno if it would have helped, but whatever.

Originally Posted by RenaRene

there are contracted companies that hack into your profile for some potential employers.
you have got to be kidding me.
so despite you purposely making your profile private (alliteration ftl), some companies would even go so far as to hack into it? the idea is just ridiculous.
eyes.gif

No it isn't ridiculous.... Its key to finding out who you really are, not just what you put on mon-fri @ work.

Technically everything you put on FB is FB's propert.
It aint nothin to them to give out your information to any and everyone whos willing the pay the price.
Im sure certain law agencies have access to all of this without much effort other than perhaps a court ordered doc.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

my thing is...everybody parties...just as long it doesnt ruin their performances at work it shouldnt matter

A company wants to know the type of person they are about to hire. The "what you do in your free time doesn't matter" logic isn't reallyvalid in the real world. No matter what you do you are indirectly representing the company you work for. Might sounds drastic but it is true. It doesn'thave to ruin your performance for it to be an issue.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

my thing is...everybody parties...just as long it doesnt ruin their performances at work it shouldnt matter
i agree 100% on this.

if i drink/party on weekends, it's really none of my coworkers'/employers' concern. what i do on my private time is my business. granted oneshouldn't be putting up compromising pictures in the first place, but i think it silly to have to censor one's self so as to not upset those thatreally have no say in what i should or shouldn't do.
one of the main reasons as to why i just said *!%! it all & deleted fb was due to the growing # of people registering, namely those that i work with. itwas no longer a place to mess around with current friends & keep in touch with old ones. instead, people from my workplace (accepted their friend requestsfor the sake of not being thought of as a %!%$@) were making comments in real life as to what i was doing on weekends. it got to the point where i'dactually duck, hide my face or step out of pictures because i didn't want anything of my personal life being put on fb, which is exactly where it washeaded. such precautions needn't be done for a damn socializing site. so opposed to putting myself through such a hassle, i ended the madness once &for all.

if they do in fact need to know who i really am, they'll do so under my conditions. not from a socializing site where my personal life can be openfor interpretation by the viewer. (i.e. what's this? a picture of her playing beer pong? oh, she must be an alcoholic.)

/wall of miserable txt

Back
Top Bottom