How did Lebron James get even bigger and stay so fast?

Honestly it's like they made dude in a lab.

Nobody his size has ever been that fast, agile or coordinated.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

sorta like how Ron artest is 250+ but dont look it

To me Ron looks every bit of 250. For the past 5 years I have been convinced that if he were to get down to 225 he would be more athletic.
Lebron is a freak. When you look at guys in the NFL who have a lot of Muscle mass (Thomas Jones, Michael Pittman) it seems like when they got bigger they lost a lil overall athletic ability (prob performed better in certain drills) Like Thomas used to have breakaway speed now he be getting chased down be the S. Ron was never the most athletic guy but as he has gained muscle it seems hes a bit stiffer. Lebron doesnt have any of these downfalls. Its not how much you weigh its how you carry the weight. Lebron is def upwards of 260. Kobe played his best bball at 240 but his joints couldnt handle the muscle so he has trimed down.

u cant believe that artest weighs that much? i think hes like 270. he has emmitt smith size legs on a 6'8'' frame

Superset 2

Dumbbell Single-arm Overhead Press

Stand holding a dumbbell at shoulder height with your palm facing toward your body (as shown). Press the weight straight up and then slowly lower it. Do six to eight reps before repeating with the other arm.
[table][tr][td]
0711_poster_11_200x200.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
What the hell is that?
Ive been a weight room warrior since @ 16 yrs old and Ive never seen that or seen anyone doing that
"palm facing toward your body"
anyone ever done that before?

Some people just plain weigh more than their appearance would suggest. My body is very dense and at 6'3 and 220 pounds, I look like I should be 190 pounds.When I weigh 200 pounds, I look gaunt and almost unhealthy.

LeBron my very well be one of those people at his height he might very well 260 or maybe 270.

As far as gaining muscle and being fast is concerned, you do not have to trade off speed for muscle mass and power. On the contrary, if most of your gains inmuscle mass are in your legs and hips and core, you will become even quicker than you were before you put on that additional muscle mass.

LeBron is scary to the fans of every other NBA team because he is so strong, so fast and so skilled with the ball. When he eventually gets a truly consistentmid range jumper, he will unstoppable.

gunna - just seems like a one handed standing arnold press.

i still do mine sitting down, both arms at the same time though.

Some people just plain weigh more than their appearance would suggest. My body is very dense and at 6'3 and 220 pounds, I look like I should be 190 pounds. When I weigh 200 pounds, I look gaunt and almost unhealthy.

There's that too. I'm a bit like you - people are always surprised when I tell them how much I weigh - they guess about 30-40 lbs lighter usually. Evenif I am really slim (which I haven't been in a few years) I would be 190 which is more than most folks.

The reason you guys get slower is because you don't work on your speed when your working out usually you guys just do your strength and neglect true speedworkouts

Kobe played his best bball at 240 but his joints couldnt handle the muscle so he has trimed down.
Kobe was never in his got damn life 240.
laugh.gif
sorry buddy. Ibeen watching Bean since he played HS ball. My man was never over 230.

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

Kobe played his best bball at 240 but his joints couldnt handle the muscle so he has trimed down.
Kobe was never in his got damn life 240.
laugh.gif
sorry buddy. I been watching Bean since he played HS ball. My man was never over 230.

laugh.gif
i think dude is referring to the '02-'03 season when kobebulked up, i dont think it was 240
laugh.gif
but he was noticably bigger.

I doubt that Men's Health article is what LeBron really does. They just put together a random workout and slapped on "The LeBron Workout".

People forget Bron played football in high school. His jr year is when he got noticeably bigger. He really hasn't put on that much weight since. Hisworkouts now is to keep the muscle lean.

^ If you gain 5 lbs in upper body weight not so much but 10 lbs will prob make your legs working harder.

This 37 inch vert is it pure vert or is it run and jump.

Definitely run and jump.. standing vert is probably around 31-32? I can grab the rim of one step, and probably just touch it from a standing jump.

So 5lbs in KGs is around 2-3kg? I don't plan on putting like 10kg on, maybe just 2-3. I do AA4 just to get more explosiveness and a few inches hoping itwill cope with some extra mass I may add. I haven't thought of leg weights yet.. im scared.

Kobe was at least 235 in 02-03 The next year he looked gaunt in the fact and body. and was still prob 215. Hes about 220 right now.

The program your on tunes the legs but you have to overwork to get results. I personally would focus on getting in better shape and getting stronger overall.If you add 5 lbs to your core and its muscle that will only help.

Kobe was at least 235 in 02-03 The next year he looked gaunt in the fact and body. and was still prob 215. Hes about 220 right now.

The program your on tunes the legs but you have to overwork to get results. I personally would focus on getting in better shape and getting stronger overall. If you add 5 lbs to your core and its muscle that will only help.

Yeah it does over work, but it works for me. I've done around 4 weeks of it, ive noticed a quicker first step and more explosion on my jump.

Back
Top Bottom