Houston Texans Thread 2018 Vol. Destroy & Rebuild - Preseason

Texans’ prediction according to Sports Illustrated
1085486F-A944-45AA-A90B-7B6FE73C7D81.jpeg

Only saw a fraction of the game cause I was at work. Will try to find some shortcut version (or a full replay), but I do know that Nick Rose probably want be a Texan much longer. Can’t miss FGs in the preseason, or you’re curtains.

Also

You guys thinking the Texans defense should be a dominant this year? Picked them as my D/ST in fantasy.

You guys thinking the Texans defense should be a dominant this year? Picked them as my D/ST in fantasy.

Yeah we should be but I do worry about our defensive backs but honey badger should help with that. I picked them up also

I’m sketchy about the Texans DBs only cause there’s so many new parts, including younger guys

FB_IMG_1535390446694.jpg

Who's making the cut?

I can see them cutting Tyler Ervin and keeping Troymaine Pope. The Texans usually give their draft picks a lot of chances (especially if they're not causing problems on nor off the field), but Troymaine has been more decisive in his play. Feel like Keyes, Gilchrist, and Chachere will be practice squad guys, but are most def roster worthy (unfortunately they may get plucked off our practice squad and end up on other teams). Also think Drummond has played better than Moore. Very curious about the LB and DB core. There's gonna be some unfortunate casualties on the LB side.

Not a very exciting game to watch last night with the lack of 3rd down conversations and flags. Nice to see the win though and see who wants to be on this team.

These cuts are coming fast and furious :lol: Jesus.

So far:

Andre Chachere (PS more than likely)
Braxton Miller (not a surprise, seems like they were auditioning him for other teams)
Josh Keyes (PS more than likely)
Corey Moore
Treston DeCoud
David Quessenberry
Quan Bray
Jester Weah (PS possibly)
Brice Jones (PS more than likely)
Shane Lechler
Stephen Anderson
Jay Prosch (big surprise for me at least)
Dee Virgin (PS maybe)
Nick Rose (can’t miss potential game winners in preseason)
Terry Swanson

Last edited:
I’ll have the new thread up either later on tonight or tomorrow, but I’ll still post the recent cuts. Couple surprises see right off are Joe Webb being cut, and Vyncint Smith making the roster. Vyncint was reminding me of Andre Davis, where he may not have had many catches, but the ones he got were usually chunk yardage catches

Feel like the Texans know Foreman is a #1 guy, and just want to preserve him. Better do this right now and have him ready to go for a push later on in the season

Back
Top Bottom