Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

^That's what I'm banking on. But the last time i fully banked on that, Rodgers was given the best protection ever.

04-TxGal-18-600x435.jpg

tumblr_mdpejuIPHE1rqk4xko1_500.jpg

28-txgal-18.jpg

32-txgal-18.jpg

33-txgal-18.jpg

37-txgal-18.jpg

03-txgal-18b.jpg

41-txgal-18.jpg

42-txgal-18.jpg

47-txgal-18.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/week-10-texans-vs-jaguars/50-txgal-18.jpg/img]
[img]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/week-10-texans-vs-jaguars/04-txgal-18.jpg
63-txgal-18.jpg

61-txgal-18.jpg

65-txgal-18.jpg

LMAO at the dudes in the background :lol: :pimp:
02-txgal-18.jpg

10-txgal-18.jpg

13-txgal-18.jpg

16-txgal-18.jpg

17-txgal-18.jpg

tumblr_mdq2467dsI1r4mrc1o1_500.jpg

19-txgal-18.jpg

23-txgal-18.jpg

23-txgal-18.jpg
tumblr_mdphxe1SBu1qbjmnoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdpggeRHET1rwppydo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdpvjqW7FZ1rg79zto1_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
:x Yikes. Really wish Forsett gets even MORE carries

Special shout out to my dude Sharpton :pimp: Son came back like he never left

I think so. He won't be back on Thursday either. Hamstring injuries linger, so I'm not sure when we'll see him.

JJo is now listed as a gametime decision, and Tate went through a full practice and is "looking better", which could mean anything.

I'd rather JJo heal up and play the next Monday vs the Pats. The possibility of Alan Ball starting on the other side of Kareem, makes me wanna walk off a cliff. It's crucial that the pass rush gets to Stafford, and on the flipside, the O-line NEEDS to make sure Schaub stays upright. The Lions have way too many dudes with screws loose to have bad o-line play.

JJo is now listed as a gametime decision, and Tate went through a full practice and is "looking better", which could mean anything.
I'd rather JJo heal up and play the next Monday vs the Pats. The possibility of Alan Ball starting on the other side of Kareem, makes me wanna walk off a cliff. It's crucial that the pass rush gets to Stafford, and on the flipside, the O-line NEEDS to make sure Schaub stays upright. The Lions have way too many dudes with screws loose to have bad o-line play.

all this.

but remember we have the titans in between now and the pats.

JJo go now.

take off the titans game.

Come back for Pats.

Gronk should be out for them, but Hernandez should be chuggin right along.

If J.Jo is out on Thrusday I honestly don't trust our OLB's to get any pass rush to help our secondary. Reed and Barwin have been absent.
They're getting one on one match ups and still can't get to the QB. I'd like to see Whitney out there to see if he could have some sort of impact.

Ah **** I thought the Titans game was after :lol:

Hmmmm, ehhh, I guess rest him for them then, depending on his recovery.

Also, funny thing i was hearing on the radio this morning. They were talking about Schaub's nat'l, his career day and then they got to his ranking. Wanna guess where he was placed? From 8 to 12, verbatim :lol:. They mentioned that of course if you had to take somebody for the future, you'd pick Luck or RGIII, but that if you are ranking them, you can't just flat out say they both are better than Schaub. I don't see how the notion that Schaub can fall anywhere from 8 to 12 be baffling to other people on this forum. "UH UGH DERP!"

Ah **** I thought the Titans game was after :lol:
Hmmmm, ehhh, I guess rest him for them then, depending on his recovery.
Also, funny thing i was hearing on the radio this morning. They were talking about Schaub's nat'l, his career day and then they got to his ranking. Wanna guess where he was placed? From 8 to 12, verbatim :lol:. They mentioned that of course if you had to take somebody for the future, you'd pick Luck or RGIII, but that if you are ranking them, you can't just flat out say they both are better than Schaub. I don't see how the notion that Schaub can fall anywhere from 8 to 12 be baffling to other people on this forum. "UH UGH DERP!"

Matt is a Texan thats why :lol:

dude balled when we had no defense.

Him and Dre were the best 1-2 combo for a couple of seasons.

Barwin and Reed are pissing me off. Watt is gettin doubled and tripled and you cant get to the QB? gotta do better man.

With Barwin, Reed, Mercilus there isnt any reason we should be able to get to the QB.

Idk if the Absence of Cody is hurting them, or Cush not being back there to direct or what.

Fortunately we do everything well for the most part and dont have to depend on one aspect for the defense.

:lol: Makes a lot of sense. Ho hum

I know this is late, but I was trying to figure out who the Texans got rid of to bring Sharpton off the PUP list. I thought it was Barrett Ruud, but it was my dude Troy Nolan :smh: **** the Texans must LOOOVE Keo to get rid of Nolan again.

Barwin and Reed really do need to get it going, but thankfully Sharpton is back and Bradie is looking much better than early in the season. Sucks that Dobbins is banged up, and if i read/heard correctly, he was actually banged up going into this game (shoulder), which I could see sense he looked awfully slow (thus taking a bad angle) on the Shorts TD. He was standing on the sideline pretty early. Sharpton was also named a starter btw.

That shirt :pimp:

Last edited:
Keo is really good at special teams, that's probably why they still haven't cut him.

That shirt is :smokin Last week I had to go around town searching for a Watt jersey because all academy's were sold out lol I finally found my size at a location in the West tho.

Last edited:
Man I went to academy when I got off work, paycheck burning a hole in my pocket, and the amount/variety of Texans gear is ridiculous :lol: I've really been buying Texans stuff since 02, and i can remember when the only jerseys/shirts in there were Andre & Mario. Today they had Schaub, Dre, Foster, Tate, Joseph, Barwin, Watt, Reed, Cushing, and Mercilus. I had to hold off though, cause I pictured myself buying everything in there, then the following week asking what happened to my money :lol:

Guide to the Thanksgiving day matchup with the Lions

1. Will the defense rebound from the bad performance against Jacksonville?

Let’s get something straight right off. The defense didn’t play badly. The secondary was terrible — at least until late in the fourth quarter and overtime. So will the defensive backs rebound? They can’t play much worse, can they? They were so out of sync against the Jaguars. I think they’ve had a serious meeting and will rebound against the Lions. The difference is that Matthew Stafford is a better passer than Chad Henne and wants to atone for a bad game in Sunday’s loss to Green Bay.

2. If the Texans can’t stop Jacksonville rookie Justin Blackmon, how in the world are they going to stop Megatron?

Blackmon may never have another game like he did Sunday. He benefited from poor coverage and a collision on an 81-yard touchdown. Calvin Johnson may be the premier receiver in the NFL. He has 65 catches for 1,117 yards. But Detroit has lost six games this season with Johnson, so the Lions are capable of losing to the Texans. Johnson has to be double-teamed. The smart strategy so far is to keep two safeties deep to keep Johnson from running open down the field. The problem is he outjumps so many defenders. The Texans are splendid against the run, so it’s going to come down to Matthew Stafford throwing for the Lions.

3. Will Gary Kubiak let Matt Schaub throw more after the Jacksonville game, or will he return to his ball-control philosophy?

You asked about Calvin Johnson. If the Texans control the ball, which they do better than any other team in the league, Johnson gets fewer opportunities. He can’t hurt them on the bench. The Lions know Kubiak will give the ball to Arian Foster at least 25 times if the game is close. They’ll want to stop him with seven defenders. They don’t want to have to play eight in the box to stop the running game. I look for Justin Forsett to be effective on the artificial surface. He has 20- and 30-yard runs in the last two games. He can give Foster a breather. I think Schaub will throw a lot early because Kubiak likes to get his quarterback into a rhythm and then revert to the run. It’s more fun to watch the Texans throw a lot out of their no-huddle offense, but they do that when they’re desperate. Unfortunately.

4. What kind of trouble will the Texans be in if Johnathan Joseph can’t play?

Well, let’s see: Pro Bowl cornerback replaced by Alan Ball. No offense to Ball, but he’s no Joseph. Joseph probably should rest. If he were to play and make the hamstring injury worse, the secondary could be devastated. Ball has done a terrific job on special teams. He leads the team in tackles. He has broken up a few passes and looked good doing it. He struggled in preseason. Now he seems more confident. No matter who’s on the field, including Joseph, he better have a safety helping on Calvin Johnson, because we know he’s going deep and Matthew Stafford will throw to him as much as possible.

5. We don’t hear about Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh like we did his first couple of seasons in the NFL. With J.J. Watt being the dominant defensive lineman in the league, what do you expect from them?

Suh had a great rookie season, but then he got a lot of attention for what many perceived as dirty play. He hasn’t been in the news as much. He can still dominate, but the Lions have a losing record, and their defense hasn’t dominated as the coaches hoped it would. The national TV cameras offer the ideal situation for Suh to have a breakout game and show Watt who’s still the boss of defensive linemen. On the other hand, Watt has family and friends at the game. He can be typically terrific with a sack, deflection, a couple of tackles for loss and a couple of quarterback hits — not to mention being so good against the run — and hardly anyone notices. Unfortunately for defensive linemen, there’s one stat that stands out, and Watt’s 11.5 sacks aren’t too shabby. But he has got to keep it up.

Texans players to watch

Kareem Jackson, cornerback
Jackson had been enjoying a superb season. Then came the Jaguars. Jackson played so bad he looked like a rookie. Now Jackson needs to bounce back and prove the Jacksonville game was a mirage, a one-time thing.

Duane Brown, left tackle
Brown will be going against veteran Kyle Vanden Bosch, a physical player well-known for dirty tactics. Brown knows how to use his hands when a pass rusher is using a lot of moves. But in this game, he’s got to keep his cool, too.

Man I went to academy when I got off work, paycheck burning a hole in my pocket, and the amount/variety of Texans gear is ridiculous :lol: I've really been buying Texans stuff since 02, and i can remember when the only jerseys/shirts in there were Andre & Mario. Today they had Schaub, Dre, Foster, Tate, Joseph, Barwin, Watt, Reed, Cushing, and Mercilus. I had to hold off though, cause I pictured myself buying everything in there, then the following week asking what happened to my money :lol:

a Barwin jersey popped up on NDC i was like :wow: WTF!? :lol:

then a Forsett on either finishline or football fanatics :lol:

*insert weybey gif*

:lol: :smh:

JJoe is OUT.

Time for Reem to bounce back after last week. He should shadow Megatron all day with safety help.

Please Ball :smh: :lol: just please.

We're still being called frauds, I DON'T GIVE A ****

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Texans fans! Be very thankful for this win :lol:

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_040.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_047.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_041.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_050.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_054.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_057.jpg

:rofl: Roc Carmichael Brandon Harris just wanted to get his name out there
20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_066.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_069.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_072.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_075.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_079.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_080.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_084.jpg
20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_085.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_091.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_097.jpg

:lol: :pimp:
20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_0331.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_030.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_031.jpg

20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_0161.jpg
20121122_texansdetroit_kaw_005.jpg

Last edited:
I need a watt authentic :pimp:

They named him a team captain too.

3 sacks :pimp:

14.5 on the year :pimp:

10 days off, much needed rest.

If JJoe isnt ready, keep him down, we dont need him against Titans, but yes for the Pats.

Im glad the Offense is moving, people said our offense couldnt win games and Dre lost a step and Matt couldnt do it.

but just like many of us thought, we were keep Dre healthy for stretches like this :pimp:

Tate needs to get healthy. ASAP.

Our defense is starting to piss me off, its like no one is making plays on the QB and are waiting for Watt to get there.

Hope Reed is ok.

We need Cody back,

Back
Top Bottom