HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

This is crazy... Canaan better be ready to start... *sigh*... I cant believe this.. shouldve rested the starters against Philly.. heres to hoping for a quick recovery bev

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Damn our toughest perimeter defender prolly out til next season smh
His reaction walking off the court wasn't good either he looked like he new sumn was wrong

If so that's a HUGE loss for our team man. That means J Lin would be starting :rolleyes

With Canaan coming off the bench :pimp:
Lets see what dude can do with consistent minutes

I was saying before, if either lin/bev gets hurt, well need brooks... Damn... our best hope of holding it down is Canaan.. hopefully he can

Point guard was arguably (with power forward) our weakest position, and now it has the potential to be worse. Oh boy.

i read someone say canaan should start and lin come off the bench, and i'm not really opposed to that. 10 games left, throw canaan into the fire

Yea Canaan gotta start.. he fits in fine with the starters imo.. good learning experience for the kid.. and jlin can still hold down the bench... this has been a bad day *sigh*

****KKKKK

i don't think anyone can replace beverly's intensity and hustle and that's something we really needed from him in the playoffs.

i read someone say canaan should start and lin come off the bench, and i'm not really opposed to that. 10
games left, throw canaan into the fire

Saw the same and fully agree. Just like when whoever normally starts in front of Ginobli when they get injured, you just have to plug in and keep the rotation the same. As far as Brooks, the trade looks bad now, but having it not having him wont put you over the top, nor make you regress. Canaan just had to be ready to play. Im sure McHale will also have both Lin and Canaan on the floor together at some point as well.

should of kept Brooks man :smh:. He was PERFECT for a time like this. You cant expect to throw Canaan out there into the fire riding into the playoffs but I guess this is where he develops.

Couldn't have projected that Beverly would get hurt. Garcia and Casspi just aren't reliable enough

@MarkBermanFox26: Dwight Howard said he is not playing tonight.

Strategically tanking for playoff seeding? lol

Y'all talking about how Lin is the inferior defender. Check out these adva nced stats between JLin and Pat Bev. The narrative that Bev is a superior defender compared to Lin is false. Lin's opponents shoot a lower percentage everywhere on the court against him than they do Bev with similar # of attempts. Bev's just a peskier defender, but Lin ain't no slouch on the defensive end.

http://stats.nba.com/leaguePlayerOp...=8ft Range&sortField=FG_PCT8ft1&sortOrder=ASC

NUMBERS DONT LIE.

J.Lin: Less Than 8ft: 696 -1334 52.2% 8-16ft: 169-472 35.8% 16-24 ft: 217-583 37.2% 25+ ft: 305 869 35.1%

P.Bev: Less Than 8ft: 701-1300 53.9% 8-16ft: 169-432 39.1% 16-24 ft: 200-523 38.2% 25+ ft: 250 711 35.2%

Last edited:
Y'all talking about how Lin is the inferior defender. Check out these adva nced stats between JLin and Pat Bev. The narrative that Bev is a superior defender compared to Lin is false. Lin's opponents shoot a lower percentage everywhere on the court against him than they do Bev with similar # of attempts. Bev's just a peskier defender, but Lin ain't no slouch on the defensive end.

http://stats.nba.com/leaguePlayerOp...=8ft Range&sortField=FG_PCT8ft1&sortOrder=ASC

NUMBERS DONT LIE.

J.Lin: Less Than 8ft: 696 -1334 52.2% 8-16ft: 169-472 35.8% 16-24 ft: 217-583 37.2% 25+ ft: 305 869 35.1%

P.Bev: Less Than 8ft: 701-1300 53.9% 8-16ft: 169-432 39.1% 16-24 ft: 200-523 38.2% 25+ ft: 250 711 35.2%

i'm all for stats, but last i checked, lin isn't routinely guarding russell westbrook, chris paul, steph curry, dame lillard etc.

lin is guarding the derek fishers, darren collisons, steve blake, and mo williams' of the world.

If Lin starts, our bench 
frown.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom