Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I’ll cut them some slack just cause Paul missed like 15 or so games, but I’m pretty sure KD was voted in before in a similar situation. I would have picked Paul and Lou Will to make it over Klay and Draymond. PG probably deserves a nod too

DUWMdRgVQAAMDtH.jpg

If you read that entire article, you wouldn't feel that way. The headline and selective sentences made stuff sound way worse than it actually was. Plus, does a team like the Warriors who could easily be 3 time champs really need stuff to be bulletin board material?

I mean, it's fine. If you really feeling like you're that far in your bag, then No Fear. But our lows have been too low for me to feel like they should really be that confident. We're not the Bulls, and we don't have Michael Jordan :lol: . Even then, I'm more about the show and prove...I really want these Rockets to win in the offs and get a ring. These Warriors have owned us in recent history.

"They not even really that good" was bulletin material last year :ohwell:

I read two separate statements, and regardless of context, I thought they were a poorly mis-worded at the least.

Clint: "We are better than them".

We should just prove it in a 7 game series

EG: "We always try to go after the weakest link, so when he's out there and they go very small, we always put him in the pick-and-roll. It was funny seeing him guard [PJ] Tucker. Then next thing you know, Tucker's starting to make big plays at the end. We always try to take advantage of that, for sure."

Trolling Steph with the slight verbiage is bulletin material for a guy like him.

I just want us to be silent killers out here. :evil: Trying to shock the world

Black gotta be play better than this. To many missed rotations and to much being outta position on offense.

Should be up 20 instead of 6. Black looked sloppy and they went ice cold in the second quarter. EG continuing to be cold as well. Dude needs to wake up sometime soon

Always good beating the Mavericks :smokin outside of that second quarter slump, not much to complain about, though it would have been nice to see Green in there sooner. Harden continuing to stake his MVP case, as he's pretty much firmly in the lead, even though people are wrecking their brains to come up with another candidate. Oh well, that championship sounds better.

hopefully we can finish out january strong without any hiccups...then we open feb with two tests against the spurs and cavs.

did any of you guys catch all the cyberx bombs on clutchfans? for those that don't know, cyberx is one of the GOAT insiders and reliable sources the board has ever had. he's a polarizing figure but he has pretty much been spot on with his information through the years.

dropped 4 today:
1. trying to trade ryno before deadline to make the push for bron earlier. morey knows ryno isn't a significant factor, ryno knows this (affecting poor play and relationship with teammates). both sides trying to get it done ASAP
2. bogut desperately wants to sign with us. mainly to help with beating GS, or so he says. morey is going to wait until after the deadline to see how the roster shapes up.
3. rockets waiting to see if brook lopez will be bought out, then bring him in on a minimum deal off the bench.
4. apparently deng has some interest in coming here if bought out, but morey doesn't have the same interest in bringing him here.

second2nonee second2nonee good looking out it's mayhem on clutchfans.com :rofl:
morey.gif

Even Bogut is taking part...
Screenshot_20180125-180948.jpg

Good to see they are trying to add another big man, Clint is getting good... just not physically strong enough yet IMO. I do believe he'll get there, but not quite yet. Clint would be worn out trying guard all these big men in the West. Ryno trade I think we all knew was inevitable *big if* somebody will take him...or should I say his contract. I'm curious what he'd even net/cost us.

Last edited:
did any of you guys catch all the cyberx bombs on clutchfans? for those that don't know, cyberx is one of the GOAT insiders and reliable sources the board has ever had. he's a polarizing figure but he has pretty much been spot on with his information through the years.

dropped 4 today:
1. trying to trade ryno before deadline to make the push for bron earlier. morey knows ryno isn't a significant factor, ryno knows this (affecting poor play and relationship with teammates). both sides trying to get it done ASAP
2. bogut desperately wants to sign with us. mainly to help with beating GS, or so he says. morey is going to wait until after the deadline to see how the roster shapes up.
3. rockets waiting to see if brook lopez will be bought out, then bring him in on a minimum deal off the bench.
4. apparently deng has some interest in coming here if bought out, but morey doesn't have the same interest in bringing him here.

second2nonee second2nonee good looking out it's mayhem on clutchfans.com :rofl:
morey.gif

Even Bogut is taking part...
Screenshot_20180125-180948.jpg

Good to see they are trying to add another big man, Clint is getting good... just not physically strong enough yet IMO. I do believe he'll get there, but not quite yet. Clint would be worn out trying guard all these big men in the West. Ryno trade I think we all knew was inevitable *big if* somebody will take him...or should I say his contract. I'm curious what he'd even net/cost us.

I honestly don't know how I feel about any of this :lol:

We're not even in February yet... wonder what other rumors pop up between now, and the trade deadline. It sure sounds like if LeBron leaves Cleveland, we've got the best chance at landing him. Good time to be a Rockets fan either way, Tilman seems like he's just gonna let Morey do Morey too.

Cyberx is usually pretty solid. He’s said a lot of things in the past, but obviously not everything always works out the way we hope it will.

Ryno and Nene have made themselves completely unplayable in this matchup. Can’t remember exactly how the last game vs the Pels went other than winning, but they look bad

Wonder why Pringles hasn't put Ariza on Davis, he's had some success against him.

It probably won't matter, just doesn't seem like it's their night.

Ryno and Nene have made themselves completely unplayable in this matchup. Can’t remember exactly how the last game vs the Pels went other than winning, but they look bad
we let etwaun moore and jrue go off for like 40 each lol. they shot like 70% in the 1h or something and we clamped down on defense late and won.

seems we just never really take the pelicans seriously. boys out there partying on bourbon the night before

I can’t believe the refs snatched away what should have been a 4 point play from Harden, after rewarding Davis with a total BS continuation. This game was out of reach, then winnable, but reffing is almost exclusively keeping the Pels ahead just enough

I can’t believe the refs snatched away what should have been a 4 point play from Harden, after rewarding Davis with a total BS continuation. This game was out of reach, then winnable, but reffing is almost exclusively keeping the Pels ahead just enough
yeah that 4 point call was straight robbery... and then PJ can't buy a wide open 3 to make it a 1 point game. our PF spot is complete zero/negative with ryno and pj's play right now.

yeah that 4 point call was straight robbery... and then PJ can't buy a wide open 3 to make it a 1 point game. our PF spot is complete zero/negative with ryno and pj's play right now.

Was tweeting about out PF situation earlier, and do you realize the best PF we’ve had are Luis Scola, Josh Smith for 1 year, Carl Landry, and a declining Charles Barkley? That position has been needing an upgrade Biggie and PAC was still alive.

Was tweeting about out PF situation earlier, and do you realize the best PF we’ve had are Luis Scola, Josh Smith for 1 year, Carl Landry, and a declining Charles Barkley? That position has been needing an upgrade Biggie and PAC was still alive.

Yup, been needing an upgrade since we traded Otis Thorpe... I think we'd win a series against the Pelicans, but man I'd hate to play them in the first round....

Yup, been needing an upgrade since we traded Otis Thorpe... I think we'd win a series against the Pelicans, but man I'd hate to play them in the first round....

Well, sucks for them, but it looks like Boogie has an Achilles injury

What pisses me most off about Anderson is his reluctance to shoot.

Gordon is fresh off missing 16 in a row from 3 and he has ZERO problems getting his shot up.

Back
Top Bottom