Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

The most important takeaway to me was that they were able to limit their back cuts and keep hands in the passing lanes with luc out there. Outscoring them is a failed experiment waiting to happen as evidenced by Nick Young, their 10th man on a normal day, lighting up the Rockets from outside.

This :lol: there were some vintage Rocket lapses that could have been very costly, but they fight back instead of rolling over, which was good to see.

This :lol: there were some vintage Rocket lapses that could have been very costly, but they fight back instead of rolling over, which was good to see.

Glad they could close this one out, unlike they're 5 game losing streak. If we're gonna win the we HAVE to close out close games and stop playing down to our opponents level. Either way
golden-state-warriors-we-comin-for-you.jpg

DUCtW1qVoAENUcc.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have to think about it. He probably wouldnt fit D'antoni's style, but one guy that comes to mind that has good talent (not Harden like), is Jahlil Okafor (he's 22). He's got good talent, could have been had for a bag of chips (probably still can) although his attitude is questionable... he might just be young and immature... I'll get back with some others been unexpedly busy with some family issues.

Peep Game Peep Game

Some guys I think could be attainable are:

Zach Levine (I don't even think the bulls know what they're doing)

Jayson Tatum & Jaylen Brown (don't think the Celtics have room for both once Hayward comes back)

Rodney Hood (does anyone want to play in Utah?.?)

https://houseofhouston.com/2018/01/21/houston-rockets-team-pursue-trade-rodney-hood/

Myles Turner (Texas born and bread)

Devin Booker (only chance though is if the Suns blow up their roster)

Gary Harris & Nikola Jokic ( don't what Nuggets long term plans are)

I'd like Otto Porter and Jusuf Jokic but, they'd probably be expensive. Probably some more just need to think about it.

Last edited:
Lavine, Tatum, Booker - No front office in the nba is letting go of those guys without us coming off JH :lol:

Celtics are definitely going to play all 3 of Tatum, Hayward, Brown because they can all play like 2-3 positions each. Jokic is a nice talent, but his defense is trash and we can't lose Clint's rim protection. I'd entertain Myles and Rodney...just a matter of who we'd have to give up and where we're trying to slot those guys into our lineup/rotation

Lavine, Tatum, Booker - No front office in the nba is letting go of those guys without us coming off JH :lol:

Celtics are definitely going to play all 3 of Tatum, Hayward, Brown because they can all play like 2-3 positions each. Jokic is a nice talent, but his defense is trash and we can't lose Clint's rim protection. I'd entertain Myles and Rodney...just a matter of who we'd have to give up and where we're trying to slot those guys into our lineup/rotation

Probably right, but Bulls front office is a joke... take Jimmy Butler trade. and buying out Wade & losing around 20 million in the process for example. I do think Tatum or Brown will be traded at some point, but not for cheap, for one I'm not sure they can afford to resign them all, similar to the Thunder trading Harden and they could probably fill other needs. Only reason I mentioned Booker was there was talk of the Suns blowing up the roster with Monroe going first, but I don't follow them closely enough so that very well may have changed.

They're lucky to only be down 4 going into the half. For most of that half, they looked exactly like a team coming off a high against the #1 team in the league. Whiteside was killing Capela, Wayne Ellington was being that usual annoying hot shooter teams have when they face us, and the defense just wasn't good early. Need to get that together and not have a letdown.

Peep Game Peep Game

Some guys I think could be attainable are:

Zach Levine (I don't even think the bulls know what they're doing)

Jayson Tatum & Jaylen Brown (don't think the Celtics have room for both once Hayward comes back)

Rodney Hood (does anyone want to play in Utah?.?)

https://houseofhouston.com/2018/01/21/houston-rockets-team-pursue-trade-rodney-hood/

Myles Turner (Texas born and bread)

Devin Booker (only chance though is if the Suns blow up their roster)

Gary Harris & Nikola Jokic ( don't what Nuggets long term plans are)

I'd like Otto Porter and Jusuf Jokic but, they'd probably be expensive. Probably some more just need to think about it.

Ignoring whatever their contracts are currently, these are some good choices, especially Turner and Booker. I'd just remove Tatum and Brown completely cause I'm sure they're locked into the Celtics plans for the future, most def with their current play. I don't really see those others becoming stars, but they would really be key as the #3-4 guy on a very good team.

I havent even been watching games. Been doing this for too long and dudes disappoint me. Ill be waiting for the playoffs

Dirty win but I didn't mind. They really tightened things up from the 3rd quarter and on. EG's perimeter shooting was garbage, but he more than made up for it by continuing to drive. That's pretty much the type of games we may see in the playoffs, where you may need to really adjust and play some sub 100 games. Not sure why Green didn't play, but I feel confident that some minutes for him would have made up for EG going 0/7 from 3. EG's outside slump has been weirdly offset by PJ Tucker getting out of his own slump

they were coasting last night forreal. :lol:

The Heat without Dragic and Waiters are pretty trash imo. Nobody to create buckets. They were running offense through James Jones :lol:. We should have simply packed the paint to keep Whiteside from getting deep and go under every screen. Converge whenever Whiteside gets position and keep an eye on the shooters and cutters. We did it for minor stretches...but weren't locked in enough to just do it all game

Somebody tell Clint and EG to chill.

Boys shouldn't be "scared" but we don't need to be writing up bulletin board material for GS. Hasn't worked for us against them in the past.

Somebody tell Clint and EG to chill.

Boys shouldn't be "scared" but we don't need to be writing up bulletin board material for GS. Hasn't worked for us against them in the past.

If you read that entire article, you wouldn't feel that way. The headline and selective sentences made stuff sound way worse than it actually was. Plus, does a team like the Warriors who could easily be 3 time champs really need stuff to be bulletin board material?

Back
Top Bottom