Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

That’s a hell of an attractive offer. Even if you know you gon’ cheat on that *** later you gotta take that deal. Hell tell them you’re an attractive bachelor and they need to sweaten the pot. I need the house built free and the 150

Ball is in OPs court - never take the first offer, counter time BAYBEE

That’s a hell of an attractive offer. Even if you know you gon’ cheat on that *** later you gotta take that deal. Hell tell them you’re an attractive bachelor and they need to sweaten the pot. I need the house built free and the 150

anigif_sub-buzz-8332-1623097994-2.gif

But wait were you planning to marry her..or is this his attempt to coerce you to do so?
Yeah it’s heading in that direction. She moved in last month and just started her new job. Gonna let her settle in and see how things go, but if all goes well I’ll probably pop the question by the end of 2023.

He's just kidding.

Sort of.

We're all just jelly TBH. Hopefully there's no strings attached and they don't hold it over your head.

Just had my girlfriend's parents make a proposition to us that if we were to get married they would finally retire, sell their house, and give us $150K towards a down payment on a big house with a cottage attached so that they could live in it part of the year and snowbird for the other part.

Her dad is a contractor and builds houses, so he's also given us the option of buying a plot of land that he would build our house on as our wedding gift.

Gonna take some thinking, but this is all very exciting stuff to me.
does she have a brother :nerd:

Leaving next to the in laws is great. Plenty of my cousins do it and they don’t think they woulda survived without them. Most of us grew up with our grandparents anyway while the parents worked or vacationed.

Take that deal. As long as they don’t live like upstairs or something.

Leaving next to the in laws is great. Plenty of my cousins do it and they don’t think they woulda survived without them. Most of us grew up with our grandparents anyway while the parents worked or vacationed.

Take that deal. As long as they don’t live like upstairs or something.
same is happening right now with my two nieces. same household (remodeled and expanded) and both of their husbands are living with them. surrounded by neighbors that are related by blood. the arrangement I believe was done by my cousin and his wife as they don't want their daughters to get far away from the family.

Yea I completely get it. If the family is supportive and doesnt Get in the way too much it’s an arrangement id want to have in the future.

Good for the kids growing up too, raising kids these days is something else.

Back
Top Bottom