Holy $!!+ , David Robinson was one cut son of a $@+*+

Y'all stop throwing my dude D-Rob in the 'roids discussion.

Please?

embarassed.gif

If I were a professional athlete, I'd try to do it the way people like Robinson did it.
- Championships? Check.
- Gold medal? Check.
- 70+ point game? Check.
- Quadruple-double? Check.

And he did it without being known as a trash-talking type (Payton, Kobe, Bird, etc.) or a 'clown around' type (Shaq, Sheed, etc.). He was just outthere to do his job and go home.

smokin.gif

He was still the truth, when TD arrived. In TD's rookie season, TD and D-Rod averaged 20 and 10, made the all-star team, and almost made it to the WesternFinals against the Lakers, in 1998. He never really "fell off". He merely took a backseason to TD. Nonetheless, he was nasty as a player. Took badhis performance in the 1995 Western Finals against Hakeem/Rockets tainted his legacy a tad.

Is D-Rob still goin for Hakeem's fakes.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Please?

embarassed.gif

If I were a professional athlete, I'd try to do it the way people like Robinson did it.
- Championships? Check.
- Gold medal? Check.
- 70+ point game? Check.

And he did it without being known as a trash-talking type (Payton, Kobe, Bird, etc.) or a 'clown around' type (Shaq, Sheed, etc.). He was just out there to do his job and go home.

smokin.gif
Supposedly he's one of the nicest dudes you'll meet, too.

Great guy all-around from what I hear.

^ That was basically all I said about him in the 90s. 'He's too soft to win a championship; he just doesn't have what it takes to be a championshipteam.'

And people still do the same thing today, from having opinions on pro athletes to having opinions on people at the park; nice is confused with soft.

IMO, Wilt needs to be in this dicussion. He did force the NBA to change some rules and widen the lane, nevermind averaging 50 and 25 for a season.

wilt-chamberlain-rim-action-photofile-photograph-c10104853.jpeg

oh, and...

c5WiltChamberlain100.jpg

Look at the title.

Look at that '100' picture of Wilt.

How does he belong in the discussion?
laugh.gif

Dude was about as cut as... as... about a cut as... dude wasn't cut at all.

laugh.gif

Dude was 7'1'',

250 lb,

And had a 33" waist.

That's how low his body fat percentage was.

my favorite player of all time. i damn near cried when he got his second championship on the last game of his career. no one deserved more than David Robinson.Such a phenomenal athlete, leader, and all around great ambassador to the sport of basketball. and yes, dude was ripped.

And he did it without being known as a trash-talking type (Payton, Kobe, Bird, etc.) or a 'clown around' type (Shaq, Sheed, etc.). He was just out there to do his job and go home.
did you just group Shaq and Rasheed together? totally different "clowns" don't ya think?

The Admiral.
pimp.gif

who else had one of these?

3k43m43p41f71271g991i8badf30e3ba01d2c.jpg

I've always thought that Mr Robinson was cut up.

Anyway, doesn't pertain to the thread, but interesting nonetheless.

I was having a discussion with a co-worker about LeBron, and he said he would rather take Dwight Howard. He had a "you always go for the big man"theory. I said D12 is this era's David Robinson, and LeBron is this era Jordan.

The discussion continued, and no need to elaborate on how it turned out, bottom line.....

I felt old as hell when I said the David Robinson statement. I'm 26, grew up watching Jordan, Hakeem, Mr. Robinson, Payton, Kemp, Malone, Magic, etc. etc.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

did you just group Shaq and Rasheed together? totally different "clowns" don't ya think?

The Admiral.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Those jackets, the Jordan and Magic was
pimp.gif

Please?

embarassed.gif

- Championships? Check.
- Gold medal? Check.
- 70+ point game? Check.

smokin.gif

A little less Jesus praising would have been nice.

robinson
pimp.gif
one of my fave players of all time. he doesn't come up indiscussion about the beasts from the 90s as much as he should. hes one of those that flies under the radar when ppl talk about their favorite players and whensomeone mentions him you realize you've been a fan of his all along. thats how it is with my friends anyway.

he was a consummate professional in every way. he was that iconic role model kinda dude

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

The Admiral.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Those jackets, the Jordan and Magic was
pimp.gif

Info on jacket? I would drop serious loot on those.

Back
Top Bottom