HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Honestly, I can see why most people would think sneaker stores like Footlocker or SP aren't necessary anymore. The stuff that they actually have on display are the brick/GR stuff that reseller types don't want. However, the casual folk who wanna go in and pick up stuff or try it on don't give a **** if something is considered a brick. Those families probably wonder why tf people are signing up for raffles when all the shoes are on the wall. I don't know if that changes the more and more sneaker culture becomes popularized. It baffles me when moms and dads go into resale shops and are willing to fork over couple hundred on one pair of shoes for their kid. Stuff that they're greatly overpaying for compared to goat/sx.

I know my son is probably gonna be pretty spoiled... but I wish I would spend hundreds on shoes just for him to dog out and out grow. My parents didnt play that ****. If he wants expensive shoes and stuff then hes gonna have to earn them. Once hes big enough to wear my size though hes straight, and once he wears a bigger size then me hes buying his own.

I know my son is probably gonna be pretty spoiled... but I wish I would spend hundreds on shoes just for him to dog out and out grow. My parents didnt play that ****. If he wants expensive shoes and stuff then hes gonna have to earn them. Once hes big enough to wear my size though hes straight, and once he wears a bigger size then me hes buying his own.
Same my son is 8 and is a size 4 now I only buy him shoes that are on sale cause he gives no damns

Why do we even buy our kids Jordans?
They've never seen him play and dont want to see him play

Seriously thinking about switching to buying Freaks and Kyries and Traes because those are the players my kids are watching in the NBA right now
That’s what I do
Vans
Brons
KDs
And Freaks and a few Air Max for my boy

My girl acts like she isnt going to give him any of her shoes once hes big enough to wear her size. Pretty sure that wont be the case when the time comes, especially when its gonna save her $100-200. Im looking forward to the hand me down stage. He just better know to ask first...

My son now wears my size and didn't want anything from my collection b/c he wants low profile comfortable shoes, so I buy him generic Nikes on super discount. He also needed new hiking shoes and chose my Merrells over the ACGs I offered him.

He understands my passion for Jordans, but could care less to wear them himself as they're just not comfortable. About a year ago he wanted my BC3s and laser 4s when he grew into them, but now it's just about comfort, so I sold my extra BC3s that I had been saving for him.

I'm more than happy for him not to want expensive shoes. If he were super into it, then fine, I'd probably split the cost with him like my mom did back in the day, but definitely not pushing him to wear from my collection. No need to trash a pristine retro (which are pricey even at retail, let alone what it would cost me now to replace them if I really wanted a pair for myself if he takes them) when he'll complain about the comfort. And once he wears them once, I'll never want to wear them again.

Man, buying little/young kids expensive sneakers is just a waste. I guess if you have a kid who REALLY actually loves them, it's fun to do every once in a while. But for example, my 7-year-old dude likes looking at shoes and will say, Ohhhh those are cool, but in reality he really doesn't care. Whenever I get him a pair, he goes, Oh thanks, cool! ... and then sprints back to whatever he was actually doing LOL. So I try to stick below $50 on a pair of shoes for him, and you can often find cool stuff in that range. Right now he's got some Huaraches and Prestos that were more than 50- percent off on NDC.

A136CEA9-2DE3-4D57-808E-3C4A042D2115.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom