holding the door open for women....they ignore my generous offer.....says "YOUR WELCOME!" out loud

DC no disrespect or anything, but I can really tell your age when speaking about your views on women and chivalry.

DC no disrespect or anything, but I can really tell your age when speaking about your views on women and chivalry.

oo206oo wrote:whyhellothere wrote:i dont hold doors for people unless they pregnant, have a lot of stuff in their hands, or dont have hands
You sound like a jerk.

im going to start to do that being a gentlemen is dead now
THUGLIFE will forever be in

oo206oo wrote:whyhellothere wrote:i dont hold doors for people unless they pregnant, have a lot of stuff in their hands, or dont have hands
You sound like a jerk.

im going to start to do that being a gentlemen is dead now
THUGLIFE will forever be in

laugh.gif
everyone taking DC's statement seriously

Typical interaction if woman doesnt say thank you and I perceive her as rude.

ME: Excuse me miss did you say something?
HER: No
ME: Oh...I could have sworn you said thank you. My mistake.

The reactions I get are priceless.

Typical interaction if woman doesnt say thank you and I perceive her as rude.

ME: Excuse me miss did you say something?
HER: No
ME: Oh...I could have sworn you said thank you. My mistake.

The reactions I get are priceless.

i hold the door if they are close.  i'm not gonna stand there and hold it for 10 seconds and look all thirsty and awkward.  it's not that serious.

i hold the door if they are close.  i'm not gonna stand there and hold it for 10 seconds and look all thirsty and awkward.  it's not that serious.

I have no problem opening up doors for women. Whether she does or doesn't say thank you, don't really care.

I'm looking at the mass as she walks through the door anyways.
laugh.gif

I have no problem opening up doors for women. Whether she does or doesn't say thank you, don't really care.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif
I thought that was why we opened doors for females in the first place?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif
I thought that was why we opened doors for females in the first place?

If you did it expecting/wanting a thank you says a lot more about your ego/insecurities than their lack of manners/inconsideration.

Then again I live in NYC where getting mad about every person who doesn't say thank you when you hold the door for them or for those who don't hold the door for you at all would make it impossible to go anywhere with doors unless you want to be mad 24/7.

If you did it expecting/wanting a thank you says a lot more about your ego/insecurities than their lack of manners/inconsideration.

Then again I live in NYC where getting mad about every person who doesn't say thank you when you hold the door for them or for those who don't hold the door for you at all would make it impossible to go anywhere with doors unless you want to be mad 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom