holding the door open for women....they ignore my generous offer.....says "YOUR WELCOME!" out loud

Originally Posted by Tizzleman

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

They aren't supposed to say thank you. You do it because you are supposed to do it. They are women. Treat them with respect.

i can tell u dont own a flatscreen
Lol, so absurdly random and funny.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

If youre doing it for the "thank you", youre doing it wrong.

(but it IS nice to be acknowledged for doing something nice for someone else)

word.
I never trip about not getting 'thank you's'. I'm doing it because thats how I was brought up. point blank.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

If youre doing it for the "thank you", youre doing it wrong.

(but it IS nice to be acknowledged for doing something nice for someone else)

word.
I never trip about not getting 'thank you's'. I'm doing it because thats how I was brought up. point blank.

to me it just shows they weren't raised right. i remember i walked through a set of double doors, i held the first one open for some lady and got no thank you, so when i opened the second door i just let it slam in her face. next time she'll know better to be considerate enough to say thank you when someone holds a door open for her.

to me it just shows they weren't raised right. i remember i walked through a set of double doors, i held the first one open for some lady and got no thank you, so when i opened the second door i just let it slam in her face. next time she'll know better to be considerate enough to say thank you when someone holds a door open for her.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Co-sign

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Co-sign

For me, it's automatic to hold a door open for anyone who's following behind me, whether it's a woman, kid, elderly, what have you.. I don't expect a thank you or anything.

i do it because it's my personality.

For me, it's automatic to hold a door open for anyone who's following behind me, whether it's a woman, kid, elderly, what have you.. I don't expect a thank you or anything.

i do it because it's my personality.

They aren't supposed to say thank you. You do it because you are supposed to do it. They are women. Treat them with respect.

Ummm.... I'm a woman and I'm going to have to disagree... Yes treat them with respect and all that but if some stranger holds a door open for you then out of simple common sense, courtesy, whatever you wanna call it you say Thank You....

If she doesn't well then IMO she's a snob or just wasn't raised proper

Ummm.... I'm a woman and I'm going to have to disagree... Yes treat them with respect and all that but if some stranger holds a door open for you then out of simple common sense, courtesy, whatever you wanna call it you say Thank You....

If she doesn't well then IMO she's a snob or just wasn't raised proper

laugh.gif
I'll hold the door regardless but lettuce sip real tea, some most of ya'll are saying you don't do it for the thank you's as if your head doesn't do a slight tilt or turn in their direction when the person doesn't acknowledge it. 

laugh.gif
I'll hold the door regardless but lettuce sip real tea, some most of ya'll are saying you don't do it for the thank you's as if your head doesn't do a slight tilt or turn in their direction when the person doesn't acknowledge it. 

NVM, you were joking.
But i dont OPEN the door for people i dont know.

plain and simple.......ill push it back open if they are behind me and hill open the door if they are coming out of a door im coming in.......but thats it.

NVM, you were joking.
But i dont OPEN the door for people i dont know.

plain and simple.......ill push it back open if they are behind me and hill open the door if they are coming out of a door im coming in.......but thats it.

I hold the door for anyone that's about to exit.. Its not about being the ladies or anything, its about not being rude when someone is clearly walking out at the same time.

I hold the door for anyone that's about to exit.. Its not about being the ladies or anything, its about not being rude when someone is clearly walking out at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom