Hipsters Unappreciation

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Originally Posted by CasperFromKIDS

ignorance
Keep talking and I'll neg rep you on ST.

[Dave Chapelle] Owwwww, you n's didn't think I knew about ST did ya [Dave Chapelle]

Na, but forreal, keep fighting the good fight.

BSP is the kind of kid that reads Cobra Snake and longs to be part of the scene, when there are kids in the cornfield out back, genuine American kids, drinking PBR, and having genuine, non ironic fun.

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, damn killed it

Phew. For a second there I thought I had completely confused the population of Murray Hill with the population of Williamsburg.

getting the same choppy hair cut as your friend Milo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know why that was so funny to me. It must be getting late.

Has KingLouis been in here yet?
nerd.gif

Is there a difference between "scene" and "hipster"? I don't keep up with this nonsense; I'm just a kid from Ohio that strives forequality.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Has KingLouis been in here yet?
nerd.gif

Is there a difference between "scene" and "hipster"? I don't keep up with this nonsense; I'm just a kid from Ohio that strives for equality.
Alot of scenesters round my way at least are younger..under 20. Actual differences are that scenesters dress(ed) in a more rock-esque manner andlisten to hardcore, grindcore, emocore, jazzcore, gaycore, and mainly mainstream mallcore, consisting of aimless screaming and cheesy guitar players who playartificial harmonics every 3 seconds..Hipsters dress in a more nerdy way, but pay alot more money for their clothes in hopes of looking like they didn't.They might wear corny sunglasses and sport flip/pseudo emo shaggy haircuts. They listen to lots of trendy indie-rock

The problem with both is that the musical aspect died out and the image took over , leaving the subculture with a vastly insecure, unsociable, and gassed uppopulace. I went to a Carnifex show down here and changed my mind when I saw the people in the crowd
sick.gif
smh.gif
� You couldsay the same about sneaker culture but you can still find plenty of sneakerheads who can talk about something else besides sneaker-related topics.

It's gotten to the point where the thought process and objective is the same for both; "Make up for my lack of social skills, personality, andsocialization in the past by creating an elitist, self-agrandizing, ambiguously trendy alter-ego that listens to bands you don't know of (and don'texist yet) and has a very, VERY exclusive add-policy on myspace. Oh yea, BMTH sold out, so did the Yeah Yeah Yeahs "�

laugh.gif
�Buddy makes some good points
laugh.gif

��

Is there a difference between "scene" and "hipster"? I don't keep up with this nonsense; I'm just a kid from Ohio that strives for equality.

My understanding of "scene" is that it refers to kids that are into punkrock, hardcore and metalcore. That's what I think of when I hear scene.The border delineating that from the "hipsters" seemed to be blurring last time I was in Williamsburg.

Equality rules, generally speaking.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

I live in Greenpoint (2 min walk from williamsburg)

O MAN. ITS CRAZY HOW MANY HIPSTERS THERE ARE
i herd living in Greenpoint causes cancer.

I understand how this thread may come off as completely asinine to people that don't live in New York or LA or Chicago or, apparently Minneapolis, but Ithink it makes sense for those of us that do. Hipsters are blind consumers. They feed the beast in the worst way. They have proven they will buy anything.

I think that if a group of us get some really ironic clothing together we could convince the hipster masses that riding unicycles with no seat is awesome. Ifanyone wants to get in on this initiative, please PM me.

I don't particularly like hipsters, but not because of their dress, style or even affectations, but moreso because they're turned a truly great,vibrant and dynamic city like NY in a venerable shopping mall atmosphere that seems more and more generic and has less edge everyday. The whole IRONIC (irony,being a hipster troll's most favorite lifestyle choice and weapon) thing is that today's hipsters are tomorrow's yuppies just like yesterday'shippies became the establishment we are living under. Nothing against bland and faceless people from Ohio and places like that, but you're really notwelcome in NYC if all you do is move here and bring your own brand of exclusionary attitude along with you all the while sucking the life's blood of thiswonderful city.

on_line.gif
NYelectric - I didn't even read your initial point. I just dislike these people enoughto have a go at it on my own, but after going back from the beginning, you pretty much nailed it on the head and then some. I think you might be one of my newfavorite NT'ers. LOL

Originally Posted by DeionPrimetimeSanders

i love how there is a general idea that being a yuppie is bad on this board. Is there something wrong with being young and successful? Everyone who complained about hipsters in this thread is a hater, i love how everyone always acts so bad-*** on NT like you aren't wearing the same thing as everyone else.. I see more redundant NTers than i do hipsters, at least they have some sense of individual style.. how many "what should i wear with this" threads can there be every day?? you guys need a nice tall glass of haterade.. The NT population is actualy starting to dress more hipsterish.. you know none of you haters were wearing button downs and sweaters two years ago..

indifferent.gif

Get outta here. First, you start a thread talking about how you think people of color are inferior to whites then you come in another one to express yourdislike of how people criticize other's dressing habits? Go to bed, dude. People like you infuriate me.
smh.gif

Take the L, homie. Step your game up. Welcome to NikeTalk.

Its gonna be terrifying in Brooklyn a couple of years from now if this continues. I also hate hypebeasts who ironically hate hipsters/scenesters
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Reminds me of Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago...unfortunately my cousins are hipsters...who like to call themselves "vintage" and shop at
these "vintage" shops on Melrose ave.

SMH.

When I went back to Cali this summer I was really disappointed and felt like my city fell off...hard (word to NY)

This thread is like a 5 way conversation. Apparantly nt has no idea what hipsters are, or are hipsters themselves and are just chilling in the abondonedbuilding near kcdc, sipping on some lemonade and reading this, while talking on there nokia. Or maybe not.

mabe its ny but the hippers out in sf are on to something else. i manly believe it's becasue of their hardcore liberal views. ill run down why you mightmistake regular sfians for a hipman. they ride their fixies becasue the city is small enough to ride around in. they are hippies and don't even own carsand are "trying to save the earth". the fashion part...mabe because they are gay? sf is a highly fashionable area so some people may come off ashipsters. haight st is the old romping grounds of the acid hippies so there is alot of liberal/tie dye/anti-bush stuff going on. also the art scene is poppinsoooo what kind of people do think are going to be attracted to these areas...? hipsters have been around since the word cool. sure some of them are wannabecorporate ragamuffins. but there are lots of other people who are vegan/save the earth/hippies/artist who actually care about things other than looking cool.funny how alot of the raging on in this thred is done by people who seem pretty much like hipsters to me. let people be people. if everyone was the same itwould be boring. and people will want to be apart of something in their lives, so let it be.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

frown.gif
i've been to a flosstradamus show.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the invite
alien.gif

laugh.gif
@ this 5 way conversation

is it just me or hipsters also swear they are the biggest hip-hop heads around

Back
Top Bottom