HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

E5933821-0AC1-46F4-AAD8-2AC945F5BAB0.jpeg

Speaking of that. I guess there are “tiers” to luxury brands in general. Curious what you guys think. I guess everything (price, history etc maybe you guys can help with the criteria) is a factor in what “tier” a brand is in. Tier 1 would be the classic fashion houses I guess like LV, Dior’s of the fashion world. Tier 2 would be high luxury also but maybe more by price than a large history behind it. Tier 3 would be those developing brands, could be in tier 2 but lower price point or maybe too new to be in tier 2 with more lxury brands. Some brands will debatable, some not. This a bit confusing even for me lol. No particular order within the tiers. Idk, didnt give this too much thought. Just throwing it out there.

Tier 1
LV, Celine, Dior, Burberry, Givenchy, Margiela, YSL, Balenciaga, Hermes, Prada, Balmain, Bottega, Gucci, McQueen, Thom Browne, Valentino, Versace, Loewe, Fendi, Rick Owens

Tier 2
Acne, Ami Paris, OW, Isabel Marant, Amiri, Commes Des Garcons, Greg Lauren, Jacquemes, Marni, Vetements, Martine Rose, Kapital

Tier 3
FoG, Rhude, Heron Preston, Needles, Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang, JE, Palm Angels, Reese Cooper, Y-3, Homme Plisse, Ambush, A Cold Wall, Ader Error

Last edited:
Looks about right. Tier 3 - seems to be casual-luxe perhaps.

That’s good question - what define these brands outside of price and age…popularity?

Curious where would RL Purple falls into ?

Also, what made you put OW over Wang?

Looks about right. Tier 3 - seems to be casual-luxe perhaps.

That’s good question - what define these brands outside of price and age…popularity?

Curious where would RL Purple falls into ?

Also, what made you put OW over Wang?

Wang has lower price points, OW wouldve been 3 if it didnt blow up as much as it did before (not so hot now but I think it deserves to be in 2 still). So I guess popularity does factor to an extent but probably affects tier 2 and 3 more than 1. 1 is like really established fashion houses.

Wang has lower price points, OW wouldve been 3 if it didnt blow up as much as it did before (not so hot now but I think it deserves to be in 2 still). So I guess popularity does factor to an extent but probably affects tier 2 and 3 more than 1. 1 is like really established fashion houses.
Issey, Yohji and Raf involved in everything. They are the same tier imo. They got their main line and sub-lines. For example I see Y-3 in the list as opposed to the mainline. Gotta add the mainline if we want to be fair. I would even move up FOG into tier 2.

Issey, Yohji and Raf involved in everything. They are the same tier imo. They got their main line and sub-lines. For example I see Y-3 in the list as opposed to the mainline. Gotta add the mainline if we want to be fair. I would even move up FOG into tier 2.

Forgot about Raf shoot Raf might be tier 1 no? You right about Yohji. Idk about FoG in 2, anyone else also thinks so?

for the list, if its simply based on price point then FoG and Rhude got to be tier 2 but also in terms of “luxury-ness” then they belong up there too if acne, ami, ow, amiri, etc… are up there

if anything i feel Acne and Ami price points are actually slightly lower than FoG and Rhude

it gets difficult really because you can put .5 like burberry, its got to be tier 1 with gucci and prada but theyve been slippin so tier 1.5 makes sense (theyre just simply not in that level anymore), i am not sure if prorsum still exist because if it does then i guess burberry prorsum can be placed on tier 1 and regular burberry on tier 2, there was also burberry brit before and im not sure if it still exists but diffusion lines can make it even more confusing

like rick can be in 3 tiers, mainline rick owens, drkshdws and then all the not exactly cheap collabs

vetements should be on tier 18 for way overpriced luxury trash, i dont even consider it luxury actually

just above camo

I love Vetements. They are alot out there but I like it.

I personally have the Coming Soon Titanic hoodie, one of my favs. Wish it were like 2 sizes smaller but I got it for chump change from the closing at Barneys so I aint gonna complain. Also have the logo sweat I like a lot. Need this bomber and the Bridges hoodie eventually. Also always like the Champion hoodie with the extra long part. :lol:

9018630C-A2CE-4F5D-82A2-B6784C3023A2.jpeg

8CAD0FBF-393D-4522-B164-91C2A378E35F.jpeg

6DF21DF5-2E24-460B-A691-0A4A951CFB5E.jpeg

2FDD2394-8ABF-47EB-AE40-284A9339D324.jpeg

CA46C0F2-01F1-4A3C-A65E-8771A7314C36.jpeg

for the list, if its simply based on price point then FoG and Rhude got to be tier 2 but also in terms of “luxury-ness” then they belong up there too if acne, ami, ow, amiri, etc… are up there

if anything i feel Acne and Ami price points are actually slightly lower than FoG and Rhude

it gets difficult really because you can put .5 like burberry, its got to be tier 1 with gucci and prada but theyve been slippin so tier 1.5 makes sense (theyre just simply not in that level anymore), i am not sure if prorsum still exist because if it does then i guess burberry prorsum can be placed on tier 1 and regular burberry on tier 2, there was also burberry brit before and im not sure if it still exists but diffusion lines can make it even more confusing

like rick can be in 3 tiers, mainline rick owens, drkshdws and then all the not exactly cheap collabs

Yeah, exactly know what you mean. I put Acne in 2 and Rhude in 3 for example cause while Rhude does have similar pricepoints if not more expensive, Rhude is fairly new, Acne is more established? Also when a brand is really streetwear oriented idk, it makes me lean towards a lower “tier”. Its not so much designer in terms of actual design than it is just a brand with expensive price points. Know what I mean?

Thats why I find it hard for the right criteria, or how to explain it right. And I agree with the Burberry sentiment, its not hot and isnt same level as say Balenciaga but it IS an established fashion house with a long history, so popularity does play a role but also history.

I tried yall. :lol:

Wish there was a poll kinda thing I could do to get votes on the brands that are more debatable than others.

yah i will never see what it is with vetements, its literally relabeled cheaper brands and then marked up 1000x

i would not put something that has little to no thought in any luxury tiers

but thats me

even at 80% off, i aint touching it with a 10 foot pole

Yeah, exactly know what you mean. I put Acne in 2 and Rhude in 3 for example cause while Rhude does have similar pricepoints if not more expensive, Rhude is fairly new, Acne is more established? Also when a brand is really streetwear oriented idk, it makes me lean towards a lower “tier”. Its not so much designer in terms of actual design than it is just a brand with expensive price points. Know what I mean?

Thats why I find it hard for the right criteria, or how to explain it right. And I agree with the Burberry sentiment, its not hot and isnt same level as say Balenciaga but it IS an established fashion house with a long history, so popularity does play a role but also history.

I tried yall. :lol:

Wish there was a poll kinda thing I could do to get votes on the brands that are more debatable than others.

theres definitely going to be a lot of grey area especially without a hardened category or qualifications

being an established house cant just hold you to the same level as LV for example which did lose it spopularity but it never budged up top because they never tried to cater to cheapening their items to make a profit and in some brands cases, to stay alive

ralph lauren for example, its a long withstanding house with greta history and probably Americas most famous designer but RL itself is probably tier 3, purple label can probably be put in tier 1 but 1.5 seems more appropriate to my eye

though difficult, creating tiers is a fun exercise so im all for it

i mean i did start a designer sneakers bracket at StyleForum maybe a decade ago :lol:

Rhude and FOG been dabbling in menswear. The streetwear aspect is what got it popular, but Menswear portions will help push them to another level imo hence why I said they belong in a higher tier.

Rhude and FOG been dabbling in menswear. The streetwear aspect is what got it popular, but Menswear portions will help push them to another level imo hence why I said they belong in a higher tier.

True, higher level than say Reece Cooper and Heron. Fair notions on them being bumped up to 2.

A bit more talk in this thread and we can move things around, not just those brands but any.

theres definitely going to be a lot of grey area especially without a hardened category or qualifications

being an established house cant just hold you to the same level as LV for example which did lose it spopularity but it never budged up top because they never tried to cater to cheapening their items to make a profit and in some brands cases, to stay alive

ralph lauren for example, its a long withstanding house with greta history and probably Americas most famous designer but RL itself is probably tier 3, purple label can probably be put in tier 1 but 1.5 seems more appropriate to my eye

though difficult, creating tiers is a fun exercise so im all for it

i mean i did start a designer sneakers bracket at StyleForum maybe a decade ago :lol:

Tiers is kinda fun, dont know why we in this topic never dabbled in one. Im missing alot of brands so yall feel free to add, I named ones off the topc of my head and went through SSENSE designer list. Kept it to relevant or popular now/recent years. Theres alot of new brands out, coudnt list em cause no point in brands no one heard of too too much.

Where we putting designer coats at? Canada Goose, Moncler, Moose Knuckle?

Stone Island? Acrteryx?

Gonna throw Jil Sander at tier 2 but they have a fair shot at being in tier 1 no?

see with chrome hearts history and exclusivity and insane price, it might qualify to tier 1 even though theyve been more like affliction there for a few years :lol:

Tier 1
LV, Celine, Dior, Burberry, Givenchy, Margiela, YSL, Balenciaga, Hermes, Prada, Balmain, Bottega, Gucci, McQueen, Thom Browne, Valentino, Versace, Loewe, Fendi, Raf Simmons, Rick Owens, Moncler

Tier 2
Acne, Ami Paris, OW, Isabel Marant, Amiri, Commes Des Garcons, Greg Lauren, Jacquemes, Marni, Vetements, Martine Rose, Kapital, Jil Sander, Yohji, Sacai, Visvim, Canada Goose, Stone Island, Chrome Hearts

Tier 3
FoG, Rhude, Heron Preston, Needles, Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang, JE, Palm Angels, Reese Cooper, Y-3, Homme Plisse, Ambush, A Cold Wall, Ader Error, Alyx, Bode, Gallery Dept

Slightly updated. Still debating on FoG and Rhude, the more I think about it the more I do think they should go to tier 2. I threw the coat brands there, Moncler in tier 1 which idk, CG in 2.

Back
Top Bottom