HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Other than drug dealers and people tryna flex money dropping exorbitant amounts of cash in store is becoming obsolete
this is not true at all.

In store still has benefits imo. A decade ago opening ceremony was probably one of the only stockists for a brand like Stephan Schneider stateside and if i havent gotten the opportunity to handle it in person i probably wouldve passed on the stuff until way later when online shopping was much easier.

There's also relationship building with the SAs in store. Some people may just want a SA to guide them and point them towards stuff to buy. There's plenty of brands that i know or check out now because someone i trust may have recommended it or suggested it. Take a brand like Norwegian Rain. If it wasn't for Greg Lellouche I definitely would not have spent that much just to try it on.

Yeah you can point to having the option to return to check stuff out in person in comfort of home but honestly, that's very costly. Even if retailer eats the cost, it cuts into their earnings and while i love a good deal as much as the next guy i want all the retailers that i frequent to stay in business.

FWIW i think b&m stores also bring in a lot more than some ppl think. I chatted with Eva Kuhle a while back before Epaulet's LES store closed and the average monthly sales number in store was higher than i expected, especially for a niche business in an area where foot traffic may not be as high.

this is not true at all.

In store still has benefits imo. A decade ago opening ceremony was probably one of the only stockists for a brand like Stephan Schneider stateside and if i havent gotten the opportunity to handle it in person i probably wouldve passed on the stuff until way later when online shopping was much easier.

There's also relationship building with the SAs in store. Some people may just want a SA to guide them and point them towards stuff to buy. There's plenty of brands that i know or check out now because someone i trust may have recommended it or suggested it. Take a brand like Norwegian Rain. If it wasn't for Greg Lellouche I definitely would not have spent that much just to try it on.

Yeah you can point to having the option to return to check stuff out in person in comfort of home but honestly, that's very costly. Even if retailer eats the cost, it cuts into their earnings and while i love a good deal as much as the next guy i want all the retailers that i frequent to stay in business.

FWIW i think b&m stores also bring in a lot more than some ppl think. I chatted with Eva Kuhle a while back before Epaulet's LES store closed and the average monthly sales number in store was higher than i expected, especially for a niche business in an area where foot traffic may not be as high.
I agree with you, but unfortunately the general public does not. The store you mentioned, OC? They’re closing later this year. Been shopping there for a long time everyone in there knows me on a first name basis but at the end of the day that don’t matter when you’re thinking big picture

this is not true at all.

I would love to have that experience but I live too far away from any retailer that carries clothing I'm interested in.

quick pic of some of the kicks

Top 5k.jpg

this is not true at all.

thats a very small amount of people. these BIG store fronts like NM/Barneys are dying and will be dead by the time you know it along with the smaller ones. This corona virus just spend it all up at a record pace. Only things that will be open is like those outlet stores which sell a lot of the 30-50% off stuff like at Woodbury Commons etc.

you guys aware of the sneaker boy warehouse sale. ..they have a cpl pairs of b22’s and some Dior clothing as well. I’m just trying to be good with my extra income bc I wanna get into real estate

I bought the rick Owens/Veja natural cw that I’ve been eyeing for like a year now lol. I just hope they ship

you guys aware of the sneaker boy warehouse sale. ..they have a cpl pairs of b22’s and some Dior clothing as well. I’m just trying to be good with my extra income bc I wanna get into real estate

I bought the rick Owens/Veja natural cw that I’ve been eyeing for like a year now lol. I just hope they ship
Tiny sizes from what I’ve seen in those b22s

Interesting times ahead.

Lots of retailers are cancelling their second spring/summer shipments and fully cancelling their fall orders.

Brands like Isabel Marant, Dries, etc. which have STRICT policies in terms of selling online are now letting their stockists put their products online.

Small boutiques with long-term clientele will weather the storm.

But it's a wrap for big retail.

Interesting times ahead.

Lots of retailers are cancelling their second spring/summer shipments and fully cancelling their fall orders.

Brands like Isabel Marant, Dries, etc. which have STRICT policies in terms of selling online are now letting their stockists put their products online.

Small boutiques with long-term clientele will weather the storm.

But it's a wrap for big retail.
Whichever brand says no to online sales at this time would be straight up bugging!

1st one for sure. Really wish nike would let you ID a pair of high Air Jordan 1s with that colorway.

Off topic but I was wondering why nike never retros any of there hyped sneakers. Like why not retro the Air Yeezys and some other models. Unless they like certain shoes to always maintain a high price tag on the resale market.

Back
Top Bottom