Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
i got my flu shot back in October but got the flu about 3 weeks ago. Knocked me on my *** for 3 days. Typically its just 1 day when I have the flu shot but this one was worst

I always get the flu shot.

Glad you’re feeling better. No one in this thread is saying not to get a flu shot. If anything the shot has been less effective this season because there are 2 strains going around and now this Coronavirus. Doctors have stated that it’s possible to get the flu twice this year.
Thread is simply keeping NT informed and updated.
How do you get Tamilu? Isn’t it by prescription.
People in this thread have explicitly talked about how they don't get the flu shot in the flu shot thread, yet here they are.

There are always multiple strains of the flu each year, and they're broken down into Flu A and Flu B. That's not something new.

But yes, Tamiflu is by prescription.

People in here acting like the sky is falling and the new bubonic plague has arrived, yet the flu kills over 650K people a year and people in here still won't get the shot because of whatever dumbass reason they have not to. Selective hysteria. Same with SARS, swine flu, and ebola.
650k a yr?

LoL ok... perhaps in the last 10 years.

Hence the reason why I stated avg death per infection vices total amount because that's not a good matrix to judge something that's still new.

China state media already warning new Coronavirus numbers for Sun- Mon going to be higher than expected

Wuhan Coronavirus Looks Increasingly Like a Pandemic, Experts Say
Rapidly rising caseloads alarm researchers, who fear the virus may make its way across the globe. But scientists cannot yet predict how many deaths may result.

Last edited:

"Worldwide, seasonal influenza epidemics cause 3 million to 5 million severe cases every year and kill up to 650,000 people a year, according to the World Health Organization."
My bad, I was just limiting my answer to just the US for the flu in comparison to Corona in China.

SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Health officials say a second case of the coronavirus has been confirmed in Santa Clara County, 9th case in U.S

Last edited:
My bad, I was just limiting my answer to just the US for the flu in comparison to Corona in China.

"You are much more likely to have influenza," said Dr. Nora Colburn, an infectious-disease physician at Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center. "For a typical Ohioan or American, that would be the bigger concern."

Not only right now, she said, but every year.

So far, there have been an estimated 19 million cases of flu, 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths in the U.S. this influenza season – including 68 children, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Hubei Province 2,103 new cases and 56 new deaths - State media

CHINA'S CHINA'S HUBEI PROVINCE REPORTS 56 NEW CORONAVIRUS DEATHS ON FEB 2 - STATE TV

DEATH TOLL FROM CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN HUBEI AT 350 AS OF END-FEB 2 -STATE TV

Last edited:
"You are much more likely to have influenza," said Dr. Nora Colburn, an infectious-disease physician at Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center. "For a typical Ohioan or American, that would be the bigger concern."

So far, there have been an estimated 19 million cases of flu, 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths in the U.S. this influenza season – including 68 children, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I don't think a lot of people realize how dangerous the flu can be, especially for those that have weaker immune systems.

I don't think a lot of people realize how dangerous the flu can be, especially for those that have weaker immune systems.
This. The ICU I work in has at least 5-6 flu patients intubated/on ventilators getting vasopressor drips because they're literally on the verge of death at any given time during flu season. Granted they're usually old and frail, but we still get plenty of admissions on our telemetry floors for younger people that have the flu. People still won't get the flu shot though because (insert conspiracy theory or idea not backed by science or evidence-based practice).

Went for a stroll to Santa Monica Pier this morning (very touristy spot) and every time someone coughed, people looked. People on alert.

gonna come into work sick tomorrow and start coughing. hahaha

[RTRS] 02 Feb - CHINA'S TOTAL NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CORONAVIRUS CASES HITS 17,205 AS OF END-FEB 2 - STATE TV

147 people who recovered were discharged yesterday, raising the total in China to 475. For comparison, 85 people were released the day prior.

Last edited:

The individual, who is over 60 years old, has been hospitalized at Flushing Hospital Medical Center and is in stable condition.
@PIX11News

Two new confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in San Benito County, CA according to the county health couple recently traveled to Wuhan, China - KSBW

Last edited:

You still trying ... educate yourself kid. While you might say I sound dumb, your intelligence is questionable, fr fr.

I'm using 10 year data.

But let me break down, yesterday, the matrix posted was absolute numbers as you called it. It was unrealistic to statistically compare influenza to corona as a whole because Corona (this 2019 string) is only a little over a month old. So the best measurable matrix was a statistic avg (how many out of how many with the disease dies).

Using data from the CDC, which you can look above, since you trying to question the validity or my statement/argument.... 1 out 750 will die once infected with influenza, vices 1 out of 45 will day once infected with Corona.

Using your data, influenza becomes less deadlier as 1 out of 1900 will die.

Sure the volume of infected are in the millions, but if Corona would spread to the masses, based on the data provided, Corona would wreck havoc.

Obviously being that the flu is established an has infected millions, we are more at risk on comparison to the Corona virus, but that's not the point. Corona is deadlier but you still trying to argue that which is pretty ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom