Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My wife is pregnant now with our first baby and we’ve decided not to get her vaccinated for now.. I work in healthcare, support vaccines, treated several COVID + patients and have given 1000s+ COVID vaccines during the pandemic.. still decided against it.

When we’re talking about a developing embryo at its most critical stage of development.. maybe third trimester, but not yet. I’ve given it to several pregnant ladies and MD recommends it, but we’re holding off

You many valid points about why you would want to have her get the vaccine.

Yet you are making an informed decision about you and your family, and I can respect that. We're not here to push that **** onto anyone, just to share and discuss perspectives about the processes and information at hand.

I've gotta say, I enjoy the hell out of this thread. Probably my favorite one on NT right now.

This man stays trying to form an army. I can't stand him on any front.

However, I agree with this take to an extent. The middle ground is where I see the major problems happening right now. Either make it a hard yes or no, there's way too much gray with all of this right now.

All I can say is I get it fam and congrats. I wish you guys nothing but health and happiness.
Thank you fam, all I want is a healthy baby

congrats and best wishes for the health of your wife and future child.

you probably know as well as anyone, but it's worth reiterating that the vaccine is not the only way to stay safe. between masking up, vaccinating people around her, avoiding people who are sick, and getting covid tests for would-be visitors, you can keep her pretty safe.

one reason to consider getting her vaxxed before she delivers is that antibodies will cross the placenta and via breast milk to your baby and give some protection.
Yessir, I got her locked up at the house, and when she goes out, we're extra careful. The OBGYN gave us studies and research that supports getting vaccinated while pregnant and what-not, but I'm just not playing with my seed

Thank you fam, all I want is a healthy baby

Yessir, I got her locked up at the house, and when she goes out, we're extra careful. The OBGYN gave us studies and research that supports getting vaccinated while pregnant and what-not, but I'm just not playing with my seed

I’m in the same boat as you. We are due next month. She wants the vaccine, but I figure we have made it this far, and I have way less exposure than I did even back in January/Feb to the public, she works from home, so she is going to hold off until after birth.

I’m in the same boat as you. We are due next month. She wants the vaccine, but I figure we have made it this far, and I have way less exposure than I did even back in January/Feb to the public, she works from home, so she is going to hold off until after birth.
It's really tough decision, because IF our wives got COVID.. and it was bad. I might be talkin completely different in a worse-case kind of scenario

This is sort of a waste of time, they need to start sending these two door-to-door around B.More asking people "Who Young Leak Be" , "You vaccinated"

EmydIlMW8AAq5gQ

It's really tough decision, because IF our wives got COVID.. and it was bad. I might be talkin completely different in a worse-case kind of scenario

Hope it all goes well for y’all and everyone else. Wife gave birth a month ago and got the vaccine when it first rolled out. We’re both healthcare workers as well as a lot of family members and we couldn’t take the risk.

At the end of the day we all do what’s best for ourselves and our family and I definitely understand y’all’s position since we flip flopped back and forth with it. Pros outweighed the cons for us.

Reading about that fourth of July party turned super spreader event sort of says it all at the moment (all were unvaccinated).

And now churches are turning into vaccine clinics as they lose nearly a dozen members from non vaccinesv

Most will stay stubborn until the last moment. But I think the worst is nearly past us. Vaccines are finally up in the areas that didn't want it

My sister actually had covid at one point and she treats that **** super serious.

I agree with you about taking serious precautions when visiting family etc if you choose to live that life but ultimately that's her decision and she would have to understand why people would make such requests.

I only posted my story because I really wanted to share some real life examples of how this vax/ non vax argument has begun to brew in many homes. I'm sure that I have a rather light version of what's starting to take place in many social circles around the country.

FWIW, if your sister has already had COVID she should have some (B & T cell) protection against infection, severe disease and death. There is some debate about whether immunity acquired by vaccine or disease is better, but admittedly I’m not smart enough to get into that debate. All I know is having the virus gives you some immunity to the whole virus, whereas the vaccines are giving you immunity only to the spike protein. Adding at least one dose of mRNA would give her a superhuman boost of immunity, but I would never tell someone who recovered from the virus that they NEED to be vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom