Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My friend is a nurse. They have to come to work now even if they’ve been in contact with positive people until they get their positive results.

she’s about to quit.

for me this whole thing reflects how segments of the population have always treated service workers.

it's a whole attitude, and it's rampant.

mfs think they can walk into Wendy's or Wal-Mart and behave any old way...doesn't matter, they're not real people.

people with lives, feelings, and aspirations off the clock.

same way nurses are getting thrown in the fire right now by hospitals more concerned with profitz than ensuring the safety of their staff and by a public seemingly intent on making their jobs as hard as possible.

they're not people, not really...just service. the help. an app with skin.

America genuinely believes it can just lean on these frontline folks, treat them like cattle.

finding out different is gonna prove a hard lesson.

Last edited:

Denmark is roughly half the population of Sweden and we're nearing a thousand deaths, while Sweden is at 7500. Norway and Finland have half the Danish deaths, near or below 400.

It's been worrying to watch Sweden, because it's someone we always compare ourselves to and their approach raised questions and doubts, about our, the Danish shutdowns. Although we're doing a lot better than our Swedish neighbors, we're fatigued and the Danes are as much victims of tradition and a lot of people, just want to pretend the Christmas spirit will protect them during the holidays.

In my own family, my brother is keeping Christmas to his household, my folks are visiting my sister's(don't really approve) and me, I'm a total Christmas-nihilist. I plan to drink a couple of Mexican beers and watch Die Hard and ****.

I know, that gets me heated when people don’t know how to act in places like Wendy’s and target. Don’t get all high and mighty ever.

yeah she’s like f all this. It just used to be her part time job side hustle deal that got her health insurance. She never wanted it to be her main job. She doesn’t need it and has her own business so she’s about to hit them with 🧏‍♀️🙋‍♀️

they do treat them like cattle, I have better pay and health insurance and I drive a damn tuck. Like how do you have worse healthcare and you work in a hospital?

we’re long overdue for a labor movement.

1.6 million people have died worldwide. But imagine what that number would be if we didn't take precautions, shut things down, and wear masks. Imagine if we didn't have the luxury of building off decades and centuries of past medical advances to save lives.

If the death toll worldwide was like it is in the USA and Sweden, we'd have 7 million dead. Add in the fact that we have taken some precautions and benefited from improved treatments, and we could instead be looking at 15-20 million dead, which is close to the number who died from the 1918 flu, and we're still going through the worst part of this pandemic. The world was less populated in 1918, sure, but still had almost 2 billion inhabitants.

Point is this pandemic is not orders of magnitude less lethal than the 1918 flu. The most critical difference is that the 1918 flu killed younger people in their 20s and 30s. Imagine if covid killed more people in this age group. Would we have people clamoring to open things back up? Would we have young adults throwing parties and gleefully spreading the virus to their parents and grandparents? Imagine your grandparents being like, "**** those kids. Those high-risk youth can stay home locked in their rooms, but we shouldn't let that stop us elderly from partying it up. Open up them bars."

I know, that gets me heated when people don’t know how to act in places like Wendy’s and target. Don’t get all high and mighty ever.

yeah she’s like f all this. It just used to be her part time job side hustle deal that got her health insurance. She never wanted it to be her main job. She doesn’t need it and has her own business so she’s about to hit them with 🧏‍♀🙋‍♀️

they do treat them like cattle, I have better pay and health insurance and I drive a damn tuck. Like how do you have worse healthcare and you work in a hospital?

we’re long overdue for a labor movement.
You make more than a nurse as a truck driver? Is she a cna or rn? They must have low wages where yall live

I just make a lot for a driver. My job is pretty specialized.

she’s a rn but I was surprised to hear what she made.

Any of y’all on here actually my catch the virus I feel like I have a lil cold rn is that how it starts?
That’s how it started for me. Mon-wed runny nose, sneezing, small cough. Thursday had 0 energy, felt sleepy all day, fell asleep in my work truck for a hour on the clock. Friday, felt amazing. Energy back, no runny nose, no sneezing or no cough at all. Saturday a little tired, stayed in and “slept it off” all day. Sunday no taste/smell got tested and was positive. Monday couldn’t ******* breath, walking downstairs felt like running a mile, cough, fever, smell/taste gone. Same Tuesday. Wednesday could taste a little and felt better. Thursday to today besides not smelling anything I feel great, like pre covid me.

That’s how it started for me. Mon-wed runny nose, sneezing, small cough. Thursday had 0 energy, felt sleepy all day, fell asleep in my work truck for a hour on the clock. Friday, felt amazing. Energy back, no runny nose, no sneezing or no cough at all. Saturday a little tired, stayed in and “slept it off” all day. Sunday no taste/smell got tested and was positive. Monday couldn’t ****ing breath, walking downstairs felt like running a mile, cough, fever, smell/taste gone. Same Tuesday. Wednesday could taste a little and felt better. Thursday to today besides not smelling anything I feel great, like pre covid me.
And now I’m shook lol

yea for beginner nurses I've seen ppl start at 65-75k. Experienced nurses can range from 80-130k

Crazy swing depending on your exact work situation.

That’s how it started for me. Mon-wed runny nose, sneezing, small cough. Thursday had 0 energy, felt sleepy all day, fell asleep in my work truck for a hour on the clock. Friday, felt amazing. Energy back, no runny nose, no sneezing or no cough at all. Saturday a little tired, stayed in and “slept it off” all day. Sunday no taste/smell got tested and was positive. Monday couldn’t ****ing breath, walking downstairs felt like running a mile, cough, fever, smell/taste gone. Same Tuesday. Wednesday could taste a little and felt better. Thursday to today besides not smelling anything I feel great, like pre covid me.

Sounds like a regular flu. If you never got tested you probably woudve assumed so so good that you did.

I commonly lose my taste and smell when I get sick, so sucks for me if I get that, would get tested to confirm anyways. Ive had sneezing, stuffy nose all fall basically but ive been. I did quarantine for the recommended time when my bro tested positive. Secretly hoping that if I take the antibody test its news for me.

Sounds like a regular flu. If you never got tested you probably woudve assumed so so good that you did.

I commonly lose my taste and smell when I get sick, so sucks for me if I get that, would get tested to confirm anyways. Ive had sneezing, stuffy nose all fall basically but ive been. I did quarantine for the recommended time when my bro tested positive. Secretly hoping that if I take the antibody test its news for me.
Nah I’ve had the flu quite a few times in my life. U can’t taste or smell because of a runny nose or sore throat/congestion etc. I’m talking no taste or smell at all with no congestion. Some symptoms were flu like but that was different as hell. I still can’t smell and I feel perfectly fine, no snot or nothing just can’t smell ****. And felt like a elephant would sit on my chest, like gasping for air trynna breath one breath at a time. **** was weird and different. Had me shook Monday Fa sho. All the while my 9 year old only showed cold like symptoms for 2 days.

Nah I’ve had the flu quite a few times in my life. U can’t taste or smell because of a runny nose or sore throat/congestion etc. I’m talking no taste or smell at all with no congestion. Some symptoms were flu like but that was different as hell. I still can’t smell and I feel perfectly fine, no snot or nothing just can’t smell ****. And felt like a elephant would sit on my chest, like gasping for air trynna breath one breath at a time. **** was weird and different. Had me shook Monday Fa sho. All the while my 9 year old only showed cold like symptoms for 2 days.

Oh no when im sick I lose my sense of taste and smell and im not really congested. Its weird. Been that way since my teen days.

Overall though seems like you had a mild case even with the labored breathing. Not trying to downplay your story but I rather have yours than some of these other ones stories ive read.

ayotayo ayotayo Did you all wear mask the whole time? Wearing mask under the nose does not count though.

I went to Target earlier today around noon and man it's packed!! Although most people wore their mask on, being around that many people with little social distancing made me nervous, especially when you waited in line. Damn I should've gone earlier when they opened.

yea for beginner nurses I've seen ppl start at 65-75k. Experienced nurses can range from 80-130k

Crazy swing depending on your exact work situation.
Out her in cali it’s the highest paid state for nurses. Can start at $50 easily new with no experience. After 5yrs can be up to $68 minimum. People mistake cna, lvn/lpn, rn and np sometimes. Out her a np can start at 185k a year.

Last edited:
ayotayo ayotayo Did you all wear mask the whole time? Wearing mask under the nose does not count though.

I went to Target earlier today around noon and man it's packed!! Although most people wore their mask on, being around that many people with little social distancing made me nervous, especially when you waited in line. Damn I should've gone earlier when they opened.

I wore a mask. Its required at my place of work

Back
Top Bottom