Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still will take time for the Thanksgiving backlog to even out, but we're clearly still in the thick of things. Test positivity is 13.5% for a second day in a row and hospitalizations are now over 100,000. Cases and deaths are less reliable currently but obviously not good.

I’m in the UK and i don’t many people personally that are trying to roll up their sleeves. Not just conspiracy nuts either.

There’s a lot of left leaning/liberal folks whose livelihoods have been effected who aren’t hopping on board with this.

Members of government have been going on the record that they’ll take the vaccine live on air if necessary to ease the publics concerns :lol:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yeah, this is what I’m saying. I’ve always been left leaning and pro science, but I’m still not even remotely eager to take it.

I’m also starting to question if the virus is at all as contagious as we were originally lead to believe. I have met more and more couples who live together and one tested positive and one negative and never got anything. Some didn’t have the luxury of having separate spaces in their homes either.

Vaccine drop is gonna be exactly like the threads here on NT. Everybody says "pass" at first when initial details leak, but they all get thirsty as the release date gets closer and they realize how limited it's gonna be. HB's will be dying to use their Supreme bandaids to show they got that new mRNA heat!
screenshot-2019-02-21-at-31548-pm_efs4.png

Anti mask mfs gonna be the main ones

My sisters boyfriends dad lives in Long Island, NY where it's been really bad in terms of infection rate. His dad just died today from COVID :smh:
Speaking as someone who just finished a shift working in a COVID unit on a Long Island hospital: can confirm.

The ID doctors I spoke to today are predicting we'll be back to March-April numbers by Christmas.

Yeah, this is what I’m saying. I’ve always been left leaning and pro science, but I’m still not even remotely eager to take it.

I’m also starting to question if the virus is at all as contagious as we were originally lead to believe. I have met more and more couples who live together and one tested positive and one negative and never got anything. Some didn’t have the luxury of having separate spaces in their homes either.

It’s not the most contagious or the most deadly, but it’s highly contagious and very lethal. A recent study indicated that on average and infected person will infect ~50+% of household members. There’s no simple answer for why some people are more easily infected than others, but there are many immunological explanations that could make certain individuals more or less likely to become infected, or develop symptomatic disease.

It’s not the most contagious or the most deadly, but it’s highly contagious and very lethal. A recent study indicated that on average and infected person will infect ~50+% of household members. There’s no simple answer for why some people are more easily infected than others, but there are many immunological explanations that could make certain individuals more or less likely to become infected, or develop symptomatic disease.

Very well said. And I just found out my friends wife who had it over a month ago had to get an inhaler today because she is experience issues still. The after effects are certainly frightening.

Speaking as someone who just finished a shift working in a COVID unit on a Long Island hospital: can confirm.

The ID doctors I spoke to today are predicting we'll be back to March-April numbers by Christmas.

This scares the crap out of me. My parents live on Long Island and I have been worried about them since the start of this.

My sisters boyfriends dad lives in Long Island, NY where it's been really bad in terms of infection rate. His dad just died today from COVID :smh:
Sending my condolences.

So far my closests have steered clear, but my brother and SIL are both teachers and have four schoolchildren and keep getting contacted by contact tracing, having to rest and retest over and over.

About how some ppl don't catch it when someone's positive in the house, I think some people just get lucky. Like how if someone survives in a car accident that killed everyone else, doesn't mean you question if the car accident was deadly...just consider yourself lucky instead.

Has to be some kind of “luck” for real. I mentioned this before but my homies girl came back from Miami or PR or whatever and stayed over his crib, she retook a test and came out positive and he never got it. Also I mentioned my friend went to a wedding in NOLA with her bf and she caught it, he never did. Crazy.

Here’s a very informative FAQ about the vaccines based on information that has been released so far:

Here’s a great video interview with a vaccine expert who will be on the panel that decides whether or not these vaccines receive Emergency Use Authorization in the US:

Last edited:
Like 50 restaurants have closed here and they were good too. The only reason my wife’s hasn’t is because the owner also owns the mall it’s in and that is paid off.

that’s why they are doing those outside shelters. If you were going to lose everything you had you would too.

to go food doesn’t do sales like indoor dining. Especially when you live in a state like mn and the damn governor won’t even let you sell cocktails to go but it’s cool if we all mob in the mall of America for Black Friday.

They need to cough up some money for these places or all that will be left is Applebee’s. As usual f small business.

Like 50 restaurants have closed here and they were good too. The only reason my wife’s hasn’t is because the owner also owns the mall it’s in and that is paid off.

that’s why they are doing those outside shelters. If you were going to lose everything you had you would too.

to go food doesn’t do sales like indoor dining. Especially when you live in a state like mn and the damn governor won’t even let you sell cocktails to go but it’s cool if we all mob in the mall of America for Black Friday.

They need to cough up some money for these places or all that will be left is Applebee’s. As usual f small business.

Yea I’ve been ordering delivery or take out the last few months about 2x per week just to support the local favorite restaurants.Hoping many can last through this winter and spring.

Shout out to all the medical professionals putting in work!

We even lost an Applebees!

About how some ppl don't catch it when someone's positive in the house, I think some people just get lucky. Like how if someone survives in a car accident that killed everyone else, doesn't mean you question if the car accident was deadly...just consider yourself lucky instead.

My girlfriend and I were exposed to her dad who had it the end of October, my girlfriend eventually tested positive. We live together, I tested negative on the swab and antibody test. Thankfully their symptoms weren’t very severe, thought I’d get it for sure.

mn is number one with corona right now by a long shot.

We shutdown indoor dining a while ago and have a face mask mandate.

I feel like they should have just left it at 50% capacity with 6ft table spacing like before.

f it, it’s worse now than it was before. They shouldn’t be able to shut you down if they aren’t going to pay you. This government is so trash. It’s already a bloodbath and once the dust settlers the rich will buy up all the out of business shops and build condos and co ops.

mn is number one with corona right now by a long shot.

We shutdown indoor dining a while ago and have a face mask mandate.

I feel like they should have just left it at 50% capacity with 6ft table spacing like before.

f it, it’s worse now than it was before. They shouldn’t be able to shut you down if they aren’t going to pay you. This government is so trash. It’s already a bloodbath and once the dust settlers the rich will buy up all the out of business shops and build condos and co ops.
Yea this is just terrible. I can’t help but think about it everyday. Donny said here’s $1200 (I never got mine, it’s still pending) and good luck. Some folks got in on the early unemployment but others chose to keep their jobs and lost it anyway.

folks here have been pretty good in the rules for covid and so it’s the worst it has been for the state.

meanwhile corporations were sucking up all the PPP loans and any other support that was really meant for small businesses.

here in Portland the city is built on the backs of small business, its ho the city is designed. So many have closed but a lot are still fighting. I’m just hoping that because of the way the city is designed, big business really can’t swoop in. Hell they’ve kept Walmart out

Yeah I mean I get it you gotta try and do something, but at the same time you’re killing everything. We don’t live in Germany here. The government couldn’t give two ****s about us or the family business failing that was killing it pre lock down.

if closing restaurants worked to stop the spread sure... but it doesn’t. They’re just picking and choosing randomly what to shut down.

you get this half thought out lockdown **** that isn’t stopping anything. You got states next door wide open with less cases per capita next door. The damage is done at this point. America doesn’t have the social programs or anything to help out in a lock down. A lot of people are going to die because of it and a lot of businesses. Better luck next pandemic because we lost.

Back
Top Bottom