Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

1604192092381.gif

this type of stuff is going around every where. virus isn't going to slow down anytime soon
btw, isn't nyc seeing a uptick in cases

I think that a bright spot is that although the last few weeks the confirmed cases are rising, the death toll isn't rising as much

Wondering if any front line workers here in the medical field have gotten the virus? Does anyone know any nurse, doctor, etc that’s gotten it from work?

Wondering if any front line workers here in the medical field have gotten the virus? Does anyone know any nurse, doctor, etc that’s gotten it from work?

There’s been quite a few.
It’s sad and scary that people aren’t as afraid of this virus. No one knows how their body will react since the reactions are so different. My husbands co-worker got it around Easter and he still dosent have his taste and smell back.

There’s been quite a few.
It’s sad and scary that people aren’t as afraid of this virus. No one knows how their body will react since the reactions are so different. My husbands co-worker got it around Easter and he still dosent have his taste and smell back.
That's the crazy thing. People talk about the Survival rate and keep trying to go out and party but not talking about how people are having terrible times surviving. Hearing some people keep a low grade fever and breathing issues for months... Nah I don't need that.

That's the crazy thing. People talk about the Survival rate and keep trying to go out and party but not talking about how people are having terrible times surviving. Hearing some people keep a low grade fever and breathing issues for months... Nah I don't need that.

I think I read the rapper Scarface got so messed up behind it he needs a liver transplant.

I think that a bright spot is that although the last few weeks the confirmed cases are rising, the death toll isn't rising as much
Deaths are going to lag the increases in cases and hospitalizations. So we won't really know for a couple more weeks how many deaths are arising from this surge.

Over the past 6 months, the treatment and care of patients has definitely improved though. The probability of dying if you have covid and/or if you are hospitalized with covid is much lower than it was in the spring. But a lot of that is just because we ran out of PPE and hospital capacity in the spring. If that happens again in the fall, the death rate will increase.

Many got it in the spring, especially when PPE was lacking. I think now with proper PPE the transmission rate is fairly low to medical workers but I don't know if there's data on this.

My cuz living in the uk got it along with her bf. This was back in May. Had the typical symptoms like fever and fatigue and had two quarantine for two weeks

Yeah, I work part time in a hospital (and also part time in admin) - in April and May we had about 25% of staff off at a time - I think it’s a bit less now but still some.

PPE obviously helps and it’s hard to know where anyone contracted the virus - could have been while grocery shopping or a family contact.

There have been a few outbreaks from people being dumb - PPE all day then sharing a car home or having lunch together and that can cause a problem in a department.

I might have had it in March - but it was before they were testing, just stayed home for 7 days.

I just felt crummy and had a low grade fever for a few days.

With winter coming, me and my fam are gonna start buckling down even more. Don’t wanna risk anything. One day it’s hot here then it’s cold, etc... which leads to people getting sick whether it’s a cold/flu so I’m limiting the times i run errands.

My neighborhood just opened up a new playground and i just can’t get myself to take my son which really sucks.

Parents with kids...what’s your guys opinions on playgrounds?

With winter coming, me and my fam are gonna start buckling down even more. Don’t wanna risk anything. One day it’s hot here then it’s cold, etc... which leads to people getting sick whether it’s a cold/flu so I’m limiting the times i run errands.

My neighborhood just opened up a new playground and i just can’t get myself to take my son which really sucks.

Parents with kids...what’s your guys opinions on playgrounds?

That’s a no. We winded up buying our son one since they closed the ones in our neighborhood. I have a friend who doesn’t have a backyard. So on his days off he just took cleaner and a bunch of paper towels to clean early in the morning. Then let his kid play until others came.

we did halloween at home. my wife and i with our two kids. my wife had them paint mini pumpkins, make halloween cookies, scavenger hunt, watched the mandalorian, and had a dance party. it was more fun than what we usually do: trick or treat at the crowded mall then eat at the mall.

no playground time for our kids. they have the beach, our condo pool, botanical gardens etc. plenty of stuff to do outside.

I saw kids trick-or-treating but instead of handing out candy the residents were using different contraptions to deliver candy over a distance of at least 6 feet, and this was all outdoors too.

It all looked pretty safe and people seemed to be having a good time, so I'm all for workarounds like this.

As for indoor Halloween parties....... no thanks.

It was true up to a point. WHile another sticking point was money for states. Shes on record of saying she can deal with that in the next administration. They doubled back and that became an issue again now. As well as a national plan on testing and tracing. And TIN holders getting stimulus. I'm pretty informed. People up there playing politics instead of working in the best interest of the people. Thankfully Im not in need, but i know many people who are. They could have been reached a deal. Or even just ran back the Cares act provisions roughly ( like they ran back the gov budget to avoid a shutdown). But GOPS are cheap ****s and Nancy wants a perfect bill. **** them all.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom