Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
You already know the answer to that question.

I guess they need to show Tenet somewhere...

1597284223482.png

1597284266220.png

Just stream the new releases on Google/iTunes, etc! Charge $20-25 a viewing for new release. People will pay it! I know I would for a movie I want to see. Plus people will save money, on the fact they are home and can snack on their own food. I just want to see the new Bond, and the new Ghostbusters movie, plus Black Widow! Sadly, Top Gun Maverick & Fast 9 got shelves till next year! 😞

Just stream the new releases on Google/iTunes, etc! Charge $20-25 a viewing for new release. People will pay it! I know I would for a movie I want to see. Plus people will save money, on the fact they are home and can snack on their own food. I just want to see the new Bond, and the new Ghostbusters movie, plus Black Widow! Sadly, Top Gun Maverick & Fast 9 got shelves till next year! 😞
I would love that but they make a lot of money off those concessions. still, better they let you watch at home for $25 than nobody pay for the movie at all.

Did you forget the movie industry is a business and the goal is to make money?

AMC is about to go out of business so not surprised but I won't be stepping foot inside a theater anytime soon.

No they aren't.

They just generated enough capital a month ago where they could have stayed closed until next year if need be.

It's the world's largest movie chain, that supports an entire film industry globally.

It's the exact same reason airlines and car companies were propped up. What do you think happens to the movie industry if they go under? This isn't Sears or Kmart.

Did you forget the movie industry is a business and the goal is to make money?

Yeah, I know they are. But the truth is movie viewing in theaters won't be the same like it was. I won't go back anytime soon (until a vaccine is available). And I know I'm not alone. Better to make money anyway they can.

No they aren't.

They just generated enough capital a month ago where they could have stayed closed until next year if need be.

It's the world's largest movie chain, that supports an entire film industry globally.

It's the exact same reason airlines and car companies were propped up. What do you think happens to the movie industry if they go under? This isn't Sears or Kmart.

Their financial position is a disaster. They were on the verge of bankruptcy and that convertible note deal they closed on isn't too promising and has lots of awful features. Given their cash burn rate they will blow through those funds if consumers don't go back to pre-covid attendance levels. The film industry isn't too big to fail like the airline industry and was struggling long before covid. There is a reason why AMC and others went to the monthly subscription model. Netflix and other streaming services are going to start getting direct to release films for a fee the longer this goes on and I could see In person movies losing more market share the longer this goes.

Back
Top Bottom