Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are schools in session in FL? For the median age to drop to 35, that tells me there's a ton of very young people testing positive.
One explanation is that we are just testing more, so the average age of detection is lower. Why? Because before we were only testing the people who were severely ill (and those who were young and only mildly ill) were told just to stay home without a test), but now we are testing even those who are asymptomatic.

There could also be a shift in the locus of infections because young people are more likely to go out more with restrictions lifted. But we need to be cautious about that because those infections are still likely to spread to older individuals.

Catching up:
For those that get their jollies off looking at rising/falling trends of blue/red states, stop and read up on the actual hard numbers of cases and deaths by each individual state. Politicizing the Virus makes both sides seem clueless. Nobody gets a pass.

74u7ziv1qh651.jpg

Has any State come out and openly say they could potentially go back to a stay at home order or another lockdown?

Has any State come out and openly say they could potentially go back to a stay at home order or another lockdown?

I've seen CA Gov. Newsom mention it, but IIRC he was talking about certain counties (mine included) not the whole state.

Can anyone explain this in plain english? Sounds to me like blood plasma therapy? Not sure how else it could be applied to healing COVID patients.
It's a step better than plasma therapy. With plasma therapy you're giving everything from a survivor's blood plasma with the assumption that there are neutralizing antibodies to coronavirus in there already. It's a fairly blunt approach.

In this paper, by identifying more precisely which antibody is binding coronavirus and how, we can a) make a bunch of pure antibody in another species (like in goats or mice) and b) screen for drugs that may act similarly to the antibody. It could also help guide vaccine development, although I'm not as sure about how practical that is.

Just to catch everyone up, antibodies are made by our immune system to recognize, bind, tag, and neutralize foreign entities such as viruses and bacteria. They are highly specific to individual pieces of individual pathogens. Your immune system learns during an infection (or from a vaccine) how to make the right antibody for that infection. Giving antibodies by injection could bypass that step.

edit: just want to clarify that this is my understanding with only having skimmed the paper. Also, it seems like the antibody they found does not block coronavirus from binding ACE2 receptors but could still be helpful by binding the virus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom