Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is a quest locally for me. I’m going to go in for the test Tuesday.
Please ask if they have stats on how accurate the test is for detecting antibodies specific to COVID-19 and if they know the false positive rate for antibodies to other coronaviruses. I remember seeing reports of early tests that were only ~70% accurate and more recently Abbott released one that was ~99%

It just means that anyone can take any chart and bs a statement based on the chart and no one but statistic ppl will know its bs.
Very true. This just shows how easy it is to mislead people, especially with the current situation because people are eager to see charts that match what they want to believe. In reality, even for a simple metric or graph, there are lots of assumptions and nuances that go into it.

Please ask if they have stats on how accurate the test is for detecting antibodies specific to COVID-19 and if they know the false positive rate for antibodies to other coronaviruses. I remember seeing reports of early tests that were only ~70% accurate and more recently Abbott released one that was ~99%

will do. Hopefully the staff there will know or they can provide more info in a packet.

Very true. This just shows how easy it is to mislead people, especially with the current situation because people are eager to see charts that match what they want to believe. In reality, even for a simple metric or graph, there are lots of assumptions and nuances that go into it.
This is why I hate that Jay-Z line cause you can bend numbers to fit your truth.

yv3fdtpj54051.png

Back
Top Bottom