Hey NT - I'm propsing to my GF tomorrow. How did you guys do it?

Lazy, congrats man. I'm happy everything went as planned for you. There are some great stories in here too. Ilike the ideas of the fortune cookie and Lazy, you had a great day planned.

congrats
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dannyv23

Originally Posted by King Will

Originally Posted by dannyv23

I did it with a fortune cookie.

It was the day she graduated with her masters degree from UCLA. I had the ring in my pocket the whole day, man it was burning a hole in my pants. I was a wreck all day from being so nervous.

Now mind you, we had been together 6 years and I had known her for 10 so I was 100% sure she was going to say yes but I was still nervous because I wanted everything to go smoothly that day.

Then we get back to my car after her ceremony and someone had crashed into it while it was parked. Needless to say I was hot!!! I make a police report and call the insurance company and the whole day was taken up by this.

So we go to dinner which is where I had planned to do it and luckily the restaurant manager was able to take care of everything with little guidance from me. I managed to sneak away and tell him to bring me two fortune cookies, which I brought, after dinner and before desert. She unknowingly cracks open one of the cookie and the fortune said "Will you marry me?" The look on her face was absolutely priceless, she looks at it, looks at me, looks back at it. Then I break out the ring and get on a knee and ask her, so will you marry me?? And of course she said yes.

I think the whole car crash thing earlier in the day helped throw her off because she said she didn't see it coming.

pimp.gif
my girl would cry like a baby if i broke somethin like that out
She did cry. It was beautiful. The look on her face went from surprised, to shocked, to "are you serious" to tears all in the matter of about 2 seconds. Then when I got down on one knee and broke out the ring it was an instant yes. I barely got out the words and she was coming over the top of me saying yes. Then I had a hotel suite that night all decked out with rose petals and champagne. She didn't know about that either. As soon as we got in there she grabbed my phone and hers and took out the batteries, it was the best night of my life so far. We're getting married in August in Lake Tahoe.

Awww, that was so romantic. I wish you and your fiancee all the best. Same to you, LazyJ. Good luck!

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Im married...........Dont do it
smh.gif

Seriously.....Think of why you are getting married. Love, security, because ppl say its the "right thing to do", love again, because she wants to.
Why not just be together, live together, love together. All this can be done without marriage.
Taxes.
word

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Im married...........Dont do it
smh.gif

Seriously.....Think of why you are getting married. Love, security, because ppl say its the "right thing to do", love again, because she wants to.
Why not just be together, live together, love together. All this can be done without marriage.
Taxes.
laugh.gif

congrats man. wish you nothing but the best. i'll even ask your boy TK to write a congratulatory column for you or something.

Yo wsup Lazy, congratulations again, glad it went according to plan. Best of luck with everything!

congrats homie, sorry that you crossed paths with that worm pedroia. that would've ruined everything for me
laugh.gif

good luck again .........

congrats
pimp.gif

this azn gangsta type dude two rows down from me proposed to his girl at a warriors game during half time. they didnt get any camera time and it was only atext message on the big screen, but it was pretty sweet.

your plan sounds solid. so does that mean you are proposing at the dinner table?

EDIT: oops, you already popped the question
happy.gif
but congratulations to youtwo. i wish you the best.

Originally Posted by onewearz

congrats homie, sorry that you crossed paths with that worm pedroia. that would've ruined everything for me
laugh.gif

good luck again .........
laugh.gif

Touche.

I proposed on one knee at the Golden Gate Bridge on my wife's birthday, that way I wouldn't forget!

Back
Top Bottom